eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old April 29th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Another member successfully added "Followers of Pelunics" forum
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
jesus christ!!! this pelunics was crazzy........lol!

pelu baba. (.desi baba.)....I don't think thats my only hope...kuch aur raasta dhika sakte hain aap???
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
no Pelunics for you ? OMG!! tum kis mitti ki bano ho?

anyways then u have to start following OSHOism.......
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
I was 13 when I moved to the US with my parents. When I first went to school here it was the worst experience of my life. Middle schools in the US have to be the worst. Then two months later we moved to a new town and it was a whole new ball game. The school was very diverse thus full of mixed cultures. I used to introduce my self to these hispanic people thinking they were Indian. I didn't even know that their race existed.

The best part was ofcourse college. Woo Hoo can americans party or what?

As far as adjustments are concerned, losing the Indian accent was one. It only took a couple of months. Didn't grab the concept of Homecoming games in the beginning. Running the mile in school! I also learned the importance of physical fitness. The biggest adjustment of all, freedom of speech. It was unbelievable that kids were so rude to the teachers in school.

Being a female, I was glad there wasn't a "TOLI" of guys walking me home from school everyday. Or guys waiting in the Gali. Freedom from alot of negative aspects of India.

Cool_Jazzmin I had some of the same experiences as you. Desi guys are the biggest hypocrites here. And some desi girls are even worse. Spreading rumors cuz they are jealous and things like that. I'm so glad I'm past that stage now.

The first time I was stopped for speeding, I almost shit in my pants. I was scared the cop would misbehave like the Indian police does. Anyway, I pretended like I was very new to the US and didn't know a word of english and I got out of that ticket. I was surprised by the cop's politeness. That was my first encounter with the law here.

In the beginning, (12 yrs ago) I did experience prejudice on a few occasions but not anymore. Overall, I learned a lot in the first few months of moving here.
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Oshoism.,huh??......hehehehehe.......
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by cool_jazzmin
Oshoism.,huh??......hehehehehe.......
Following Oshoism can be good. I know cause I used to live very near the Osho Commune in Pune
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Qn_of_sunshine
in school.

Being a female, I was glad there wasn't a "TOLI" of guys walking me home from school everyday. Or guys waiting in the Gali. Freedom from alot of negative aspects of India.

Cool_Jazzmin I had some of the same experiences as you. Desi guys are the biggest hypocrites here. And some desi girls are even worse. Spreading rumors cuz they are jealous and things like that. I'm so glad I'm past that stage now.

Yes...Qn_of_sunshine ..agree with u on the "TOLI" thing!!
Desi guyz suck big time here....they just can't handle relationships..and are basically screwed up in their principles..watever!
I guess they are confused and spineless in sticking their guts out!

well...all aren't bad.But I've coem across VERY few of the good guyz.Well..I can go on and on and on......on guyz!

GUYZ here !! Please help me think good about ur gender!!!
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Source Integrator

Quote:

GUYZ here !! Please help me think good about ur gender!!!
Ok!!
Next time u need help carrying bags dont look out for guys!!
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Quote:
well...all aren't bad.But I've coem across VERY few of the good guyz.Well..I can go on and on and on......on guyz!
Maybe you are in the wrong city
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhiladi

Ok!!
Next time u need help carrying bags dont look out for guys!!

naaaaaaah! that didn't help.....I carry my bags myself.
Besides,I help them carry theirs too sometimes!!!!
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by nydood

Maybe you are in the wrong city

yup.....wish were in NYC!!!!
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Desi guyz suck big time here....they just can't handle relationships..and are basically screwed up in their principles..watever!

ya,so for a change why not get hooked up with some amru guy and check out for urself how str8 their principles are...
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Source Integrator

Quote:

naaaaaaah! that didn't help.....I carry my bags myself.
Besides,I help them carry theirs too sometimes!!!!
Depends on whats in da bag!!
thik hai if u think guys are no good!! u probly are right.....
but then again u need to be with a no good person to feel better about yr self!!
Senior eCharchan

Thumbs up

Quote:
The place to live.

You carry guys bags? You are definitely in the wrong city
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

even then u would've banged ur car door while opening...