eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old June 20th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Re: For cricket fans

According to reports Kohli and Kumble did not discuss anythiing during the CT. And now there are reports that Kumble has stepped down. Wish there was some communication betwen the two. Maybe Kumble could have influenced Kohli with his conventional wosdom to bat first in an important final against rivals baying for our blood. Alas!

I just hope this is not the beginning of a downward spiral for Kohli and team. Also Kumble could have chosen a better time to step down, possibly after the WI tour. This returning back from UK reminds me of Sidhu returning midway through a tour in UK. Indians lack maturity and professionalism. Sad.
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:53 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
According to reports Kohli and Kumble did not discuss anythiing during the CT. And now there are reports that Kumble has stepped down. Wish there was some communication betwen the two. Maybe Kumble could have influenced Kohli with his conventional wosdom to bat first in an important final against rivals baying for our blood. Alas!

I just hope this is not the beginning of a downward spiral for Kohli and team. Also Kumble could have chosen a better time to step down, possibly after the WI tour. This returning back from UK reminds me of Sidhu returning midway through a tour in UK. Indians lack maturity and professionalism. Sad.
Hope it wasn't Kohli's way of getting Kumble out .. That coach said to chase and look what happened.
Old June 20th, 2017, 10:31 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Hope it wasn't Kohli's way of getting Kumble out .. That coach said to chase and look what happened.
The way Kohli got out he was definitely trying to get out. First he gave a catch to slip but the Pakistan fielding was so sloppy that they dropped it . Never mind. He immediately gave another catch. Did not even show the subtlety to play and score a few runs after the dropped chance before giving the second catch.
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
The way Kohli got out he was definitely trying to get out. First he gave a catch to slip but the Pakistan fielding was so sloppy that they dropped it . Never mind. He immediately gave another catch. Did not even show the subtlety to play and score a few runs after the dropped chance before giving the second catch.
A little credit goes to the bowler because he created an awkward angle, pitched it in the right area and backed it up with decent pace to generate genuine edges both times. Could Kohli have either left them alone or defended better? Probably, but he could have also hit a boundary with the second edge and we would have applauded. Just another theory that I am leaning towards.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People have to realize that the team that India faces in competitions does not just show up to lie down and take a beating every time. There are losses once in a while and not much needs to be made of this one. Kohli has a known weakness to just the right line outside off and the bowler exploited that weakness.
Old June 20th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Jumbo's goodbye letter. He resigned from London while the team is/was enroute to West Indies for the next series.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 20th, 2017, 02:16 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

What is the head coaches function in the team? I don't think the head coach should be a technical coach, like in most pro sports. Head coach should have technical coach under him, and should pay tactical role.

Anyway, I think contrasting approaches of Kohli and Kumble were going to be tough to get along with.. Desi coach has not worked well with Indian team, better to hire gora saab.
Old June 20th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Secret of Kohli's success revealed.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 20th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

I used to be a fan of Kohli. Not any more after what he has done with Kumble. I am still a fan of his batting though. But I doubt he will be successful as captain for long.

I think the reasons for the loss in the final are apparent now. I mean how can one drop Umesh Yadav, bat first against Pak whose bowling was peaking and that too in a final. Daal mein Jaroor Kaala hai. Kohli did it on purpose to get Kumble out. He is not that stupid a cricketer. If he didn't do it on purpose, then it is clear that his intelligence or strategy alone is not going to win him big games.

Now as to new coach, I hope it is not Sehwag. I think Rajput might be better if they want a brown guy only. But doubt if Kohli will gel well with a typical Mumbai guy. He probably wants a 'bhaiya '. Among goras Moody would be best. Any case I am not going to support Kohli the captain whatever he does from now on. He lied in that conference when he said that there is no problem between him and Kumble. Let's see if he proves me wrong.

And Dravids comments are not isolated from this incident. There seems to be a tug of war between bhaiyyas and the rest. Let's see who wins.

Last edited by Bhidubhai; June 20th, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old June 20th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I don't know if he was trying to get out. But cannot be ruled out.

However, his other decisions as captain give rise to suspicion. I think this guy will falter. As a professional, it is inexcusable if he took wrong decisions on purpose.

Anyway, hats off to Kumble. He had a good run. Although I wish he had served his 2 week extension.
Old June 21st, 2017, 10:18 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't they hire that badminton coach to coach the Indian cricket team Just saying... think outside the box...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

Looks like BCCI has invited more applications and the acceptance of applications will stop only when a certain ex-Mumbai player applies

It seems Sehwag does not have much coaching experience. What experience did Shastri have when appointed?

IMO, the coach position is not at all a cricketing matter now. It is about who will help cover-up transgressions (all sorts of them) for the chutiya Kohli and BCCI. Who will keep the connections open with Bwood and uworld for all the laundibaazi etc...It is time to boycott this team until Kohli is fired. And while we are at it, boycott that wide-mouth's movies too.

With Kumble's exit Indian cricket has lost a few fans I think. I was feeling very depressed and down after India lost the finals. All the mushy photos of our superstars with Pak players kids and all made me think positive. But when Kumble stepped down, all that changed. I am not unhappy about the loss now. And I wish the same feeling continues as I want to get rid of this cricket addiction And appointing the ex-Mumbai player will only help the de-addiction process for me. So bring it on BCCI.

Last edited by Bhidubhai; June 21st, 2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 04:40 AM

Kumble is no coach.. period. You can't scold professionals you are hoping will play and listen to your advice. This scolding incident proves why Kumble can't continue as coach, his stature as a great veteran has no bearing on his foolishness.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 22nd, 2017 at 04:51 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 06:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Kumble is no coach.. period. You can't scold professionals you are hoping will play and listen to your advice. This scolding incident proves why Kumble can't continue as coach, his stature as a great veteran has no bearing on his foolishness.
1) I don't know if the scolding incident is a one-off thing no or happened frequently. Yes it is not desired. But desi folks need it. Western management and coaching template is not ideal for desis. It needs to be peppered with mc/bc occasionally.
2) It is possible that Kumble having decided to step down may have decided to give a piece of his mind to the losers.
3) By that same logic of "Kumble no coach", Virat is no captain given his short temper which has happened frequently and not an one off incident.

Anyway, I am glad that I am getting some reason to lose interest. If Kohli forms a good partnership with next coach and delivers results it is good. Else he should be kicked out to teach a lesson after a couple of series. Hope he doesn't go Kambli way.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

When Kohli said the other day that dressing room matter is sacrosanct and he would never reveal it, I thought of 2 possibilities:

1) It will be outsourced. May be his image management company will take care of the outsourcing business.
2) He will save it for a book to sell when he retires.

First hunch is already coming true partially.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/59294744.cms

I hope this turns into a full fledged war and we get to know the truth. I am sure no one is completely clean in this. But it is unfair one guy loses his job and the other one keeps it after handing us the worst defeat in history against our No. 1 enemy. Take the captaincy away from the brat and let him just bat for India.