eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old May 28th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Why do toilet stalls have gaps between doors and walls?

This is something I had noticed before but never thought of posting it. I thought of posting this observation today because first its a Friday and secondly I am personally bored with all this politics and terrorism and all that. Lets have one big bang somewhere and get it over with.

Yesterday, as I was taking a dump in the office toliet, I noticed that there is a gap between the door and the wall. I then went to other restrooms too and saw that everywhere its the same. It means one can look out this gpa or someone from outside can look in. As it is there is a big gap from the bottom so anyone from outside can see someone is inside. Now why these extra gaps?
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Zen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to all
Talking

what's wrong with your observation?
You observed this ... about 6 years after you've been using them?
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
This is all because of Bush, who went to war saying its a war on terror that was not supported by the Indian govt but it was supported by Italy whos once citized was asked to become PM of India.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy
This is all because of Bush, who went to war saying its a war on terror that was not supported by the Indian govt but it was supported by Italy whos once citized was asked to become PM of India.

Ha ha...

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen
what's wrong with your observation?
You observed this ... about 6 years after you've been using them?
Arey bhai.. Main ghar ke sandaas mein jaata hoon. I dont go to public toilet that much.. but I dont know why I did not post it before.. I had observed it.. but somehow today I just felt I should ask you all. I tried searching on Google why they have gaps.. and did not find an answer..

Jokes aside, does anyone know the real reason? I feel that a toilet is a very personal place and it should not be exposed in such a way.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

Ha ha...

Arey bhai.. Main ghar ke sandaas mein jaata hoon. I dont go to public toilet that much.. but I dont know why I did not post it before.. I had observed it.. but somehow today I just felt I should ask you all. I tried searching on Google why they have gaps.. and did not find an answer..

Jokes aside, does anyone know the real reason? I feel that a toilet is a very personal place and it should not be exposed in such a way.
Nudity is not big deal in America. So i dont think people will get offended if thier leg is seen.. i think the doors are there to cover the face while doing thier stuff.. they dont want others to see thier expression while they are crapping
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy
Nudity is not big deal in America. So i dont think people will get offended if thier leg is seen.. i think the doors are there to cover the face while doing thier stuff.. they dont want others to see thier expression while they are crapping
another disadvantage is that the smells escape easily.
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:30 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
another disadvantage is that the smells escape easily.
this may, in fact, be the main reason for the gap. if there was no gap a person might suffocate in the stench of his own gases
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Banned

Gordon Gecko is on a distinguished road
The reason for the door is to cover the face of the culprit...when your nostrills are firing ICBM's to your brain telling it 'you are in a biological warfare laboratory'...at that time you dont want to see the face responsible...it could very well be the Svetlana that gives you the sweats..you would think of her gaseous abilities first next time she shows her rear booty instead of her sensuous ones...it then becomes a case of 'I know what you ate last summer'

toilets are never 'co-hugs' but even if you are the CEO of your company and have had Masala ghosht with a potato dessert the night before...would you want the junior programmer to know its you whose NAPAM's forced him to do weekends just so that he can 'download' his stuff once a week when the rest of the staff has declared cease fire?
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:19 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Gecko
The reason for the door is to cover the face of the culprit...when your nostrills are firing ICBM's to your brain telling it 'you are in a biological warfare laboratory'...at that time you dont want to see the face responsible...it could very well be the Svetlana that gives you the sweats..you would think of her gaseous abilities first next time she shows her rear booty instead of her sensuous ones...it then becomes a case of 'I know what you ate last summer'

toilets are never 'co-hugs' but even if you are the CEO of your company and have had Masala ghosht with a potato dessert the night before...would you want the junior programmer to know its you whose NAPAM's forced him to do weekends just so that he can 'download' his stuff once a week when the rest of the staff has declared cease fire?
a sort of cover the face and fire the base, huh?
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

But I still would prefer no gaps between the door and the wall.. I dont want to see neither show my privates.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:19 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Shit. Other day I could almost feel pain of Sutradarji.

While meeting Oonche Log, I had to use toilet in this swank place. Redwood doors, marbles and gold plated all over ... you know the shit.

What do you know ... an attendent inside dressed in full suit with shoes shinier then mine welcomes me inside. All I wanted was to unload myself. I proceeded to the cubicle and the attendent rushs in front of me ... opens the door and closes it just as I step in. I lower my pants and sit down but shit wont happen. Just wont happen. I could see the attendent's shiny shoes outside from beneath the gap below wooden door. He was bloody standing outside my cubicle door.

I waited and waited ... hoping someone else will come in and he will move on. No sir, my luck. After about 10 minutes ... he knocks gently and inquires: Sir, are you all right? Would you like a wet towel?

God knows, I was irritated as hell ... I tried and tried but just could not do it.

Outside he gave me a fresh bar of soap and stood behind as I washed my hands (?) and handed me a fresh hand towel to dry my hands.

Five bucks and I did not even do what I went in to do.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old June 15th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do toilet stalls have gaps between doors and walls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Shit. Other day I could almost feel pain of Sutradarji.

While meeting Oonche Log, I had to use toilet in this swank place. Redwood doors, marbles and gold plated all over ... you know the shit.

What do you know ... an attendent inside dressed in full suit with shoes shinier then mine welcomes me inside. All I wanted was to unload myself. I proceeded to the cubicle and the attendent rushs in front of me ... opens the door and closes it just as I step in. I lower my pants and sit down but shit wont happen. Just wont happen. I could see the attendent's shiny shoes outside from beneath the gap below wooden door. He was bloody standing outside my cubicle door.

I waited and waited ... hoping someone else will come in and he will move on. No sir, my luck. After about 10 minutes ... he knocks gently and inquires: Sir, are you all right? Would you like a wet towel?

God knows, I was irritated as hell ... I tried and tried but just could not do it.

Outside he gave me a fresh bar of soap and stood behind as I washed my hands (?) and handed me a fresh hand towel to dry my hands.

Five bucks and I did not even do what I went in to do.
what place was it?
Old June 15th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Things that annoy you in America

Here are a few that annoys me:

1. Tax: Everyone pays the same sales tax at the store, so why not add it to the product's price, so you know what's the bottom line price.

2. Coffee maker in the toilet: Some of the famous hotel chains have the coffee maker in the bath room? Do people make coffee while taking a shower or ??

3. Clean bed at a hotel: I would think its a pre-req, not a special

Open Ghosty and Death-call Rail tracks,..

Hilly n' slopey roadways with no guardrails in many areas

4. Toilet door gap: Why is there a dreaded gap between the toilet door and the frame? And how about identifying your peers by the shoes they wear while in the toilet?

Alogators in house backyards in few states,..

Here's one more thing that annoys me, as I just came out of our restroom:
The soap dispenser now comes pre-lathered. Really?? Are we so freakin lazy that we can rub the liquid soap for some lather? This has got to be high on the laziness ranking.
What's next? Pre-chewed food? Somebody in China will chew on those cheeseburgers, spit it into a can and ship to us. All we would need to do is just swallow them now!
I can imagine, a number of Indian "chew-centers" hiring people with teeth for this job. Americans will send in some of their quality guys to ensure USDA standards!

Last edited by Jagmohan; June 15th, 2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old June 15th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Tolilet wall gaps and open rail-roads and hilly slpoes with no guard rails are American bullshits and I had just posted at one place, what else you hate and dislike in America, the most.

Sure.

Just like India, US also has never ceased annoying us and there are tons and lots of things, system, customs, people, mentality, mindsets, and many and majors been pointed out and discussed by many here, and YET not the freaking one that anyone has pointed out yet, which I was awaiting for,
and that I hate the most than anything else. Whatever been mentioned so far is just the peanuts.

These are also few other peanuts ( may be 0.001 % amount of annoying to me ) already been mentioned so far,..

*Open n’ death-inviting rail-road tracks,…. ( Hit the train and find out – who is the boss ! )
*Far-far, spread-out living and burning the gas, which in turn, is paid by your blood,..
* mine-mine mine mentality, privacy motto, selfish and self-centerness inviting and promoting, nation's climate,..
*Hilly and sloppy and slope-y roadway and not even the guardrails in major areas,..
* Bitter weather, check the weather every hour, hurricane, cyclone, twisters,.. unnecessary heating bills and reduced car and house lives, due to weather and fight for unnecessary,..
*No lights on roads for night-time driving,..
*Paper-towel wiped out dirty n’ enthii ( zhoothi ) arses,..
*People taming, wild wolves/dog breed animals in living society,..
*Wild animals challenge, deers, and ( very ) few areas have even alligators and wolves,.. in your backyards,…
*Taxes and tolls everywhere,..long-long roads useless far distances of driving, killing time, money and energy for nothing,..
*House, health and car compulsory insurances which kills you by throwing your hard earned money outta window,..
*Raccoons, skunk and dogs-cats lying on road- crushed by many cars and never been cared to take away,…
*Suspicion ( and a Chor like mentality ) of all living human beings – No frankness or openness or mixing nature sort of kinda family-hood feelings,.
* Cheapo constructed houses, those unfinished porches, decks and structure – it feels and seems like a 5th grader ITI worker made it during his school project,..
* Taking too much care and labor work of lawn, which the people do not even use to seat on it freely and such,…
* Stale eating habits, ( baasi food to eat storing in freezers ) the whole nation is being used to – as due to hard life who will cook for you two times hot?
* tasteless fruits, vegetables, hybrids, smell-less flowers and no originality anywhere,..
* Long and unending bhookhadi-baaras highways, where nthg is to see worth-watch and just spending time-money and energy in any traveling,..
* No servants can be afforded,.. and now you are that garbage laborer who does, the jobs of painters, plumbers, auto mechanic, house-repairer, baby-sitter, grass-cutter, raama, maid, aaya and what/who not !

^^^ But again, these are all peanuts ( nickel and dime ) and not even annoy me of a 0.001% !!

The only one major that perhaps may have made me to leave this freaking nation for good would be,… Equality !! Yess Equality ! Not in race, color, skin, caste, gender and nation, basis... BUT,..
Educational n’ non-educational equality.
Lack of powers and status
and even n a non-educated, a non-degree holder can taken away your posts ( in other words, due to the Capitalist country, work-job knowing is more important than the degree certificates holdings ) and job and can apply with equal caliber, cadre and status ! And, that’s to me is like more than any simple suicide.
It’s like if ppl are allowed to print the dollar bill on their home-machine,... and one guys earned the dollar hard way and other prints it for free own printer and still both are considered of an equal value.

In all job so far ( I am related to ) all non degree holders hold the top-most posts, most of the people know this very loop-hole ( They do only what they know, and they know only what they do – 'Coz job only evaluates everything and anything money point of view ) and hence this kinda mindset and mentality rules and it survives. The whole nation is used to this way !

And, I am very against it, If I had to quit this nation then this will be the one and the only reason , and in exchange to that, I may greet with the open arm those pollution, population and even corruption of India,
as it won’t hurt me a dime, compared to this.

On almost all the jobs ( in my fields ) so far I have seen all construction workers and persons of diff fields and non-educational and non-degree holders on the top !
‘ Coz they know ONLY what they do, and they Know only what they do !
And, Nations’ mindset and mentality pampers, pets, promotes and encourages this situation, without seeing any loopholes in it !!
In India, when the ad says 'only Civil engineers and above distinction marks need to apply' then that’s it ! but not here, a 4th graders who says I am in the filed doing labor for last 20 years and hold not even 10th grader certi, still he can apply can top you,.... and rule and govern you ! ( later he will take only 1-3 related course and will know only what he does and does only what he knows ! - and it’s allowed ! Capitalist nations only see moolah and not morals, if an ignorant idiot knows what he does then he is on top of you, you may be knowing 100s of other subjects that eh may not be knowing, but they are useless skills for this field, Coz, all you learn cannot be used to earn moollah, and guy is doing that steroetype for last 20 yrs and hence he is now master and hence on top of you ! In other words it's like,.. if you can earn money, then sell your mom-sis and put them on Kotha, sell yrself, sell herself,. if you can earn money - anything for money - and it's all allowed and 'jaayas' - ther's no Moral or principles here, when it comes to money ! We are capitalist countries - just do it , anything !

Rest, all points discussed here so far holds no water for me, as they are not that much annoying at all, at least to me.

[IMG]********************************forums/images/smilies/emsmile.gif[/IMG]
Old June 15th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

All of that points to your own uneducated status. You must the one of those losers that have left that have failed in this country. Another I know is Viking. Echarcha left due to personal reason so I wont call him failure. But it is really hard to fail in this country unless you screw up and you did.
Looking at how active you are in virtual world, I am sure you don't have good friends in real world.

Most of the points you make above are signs of your personal failure and not failure of the country. I came here as H1 and went the journey to citizen. I can today afford Bai, Ramu kaka , plumber , handy man all of it. Of course not like the Indian slavery model but my maid comes three times a week to help my wife with house work and jhadu pocha and if we have a party she stay whole day. we pay her $12/hr. I have a plumber, handy man I call when I need to fix anything. We pay him $15/hr. Its simple, because if I stop my business and do house hold work I will lose around 250/hr and that makes everything justified.

SO you just need to be a little smart and not worry about gap in toilet but worry about gap in your ass to make life work.....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.