eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old December 17th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Junior eCharchan

Bihari Hero is on a distinguished road
Different Types of cricket fans

Guys, being Indian cricket fan is like being on a constant roller coaster. They give you so much unnecessariy tension(Patel and Laxman getting out this match for eg)

There are few kinds of cricket fan

1. Die hard fans (like me) - We will bash the team if they give in without a fight and will praise when they show guts(like chasing on fifth day). Losses are OK but giving up w.o a fight sucks(WC final for eg). Fans like me stay up nights following cricket on tv/audio/rediff scorecards/cricinfo. In order to be a die hard real fan , you have to follow test cricket. If India is losing pathetically, my day gets ruined. Die hard fans have pessimistic view of Indian cricket and rightly so. But when they do win, we get the happiest. For us, cricket is religion and SRT is like tenth incarnation of Vishnu (one guy said 1000 yrs from now you will have stories of how Lord Tendulkar destroyed demon Warne-asur) Dravid maybe Ganesh himself (as one newspaper said)

2. Relaxed cricket fans (like GpeL/SoulSeller80) - They aren't into test cricket a lot and are a little optimistic about Indian cricket. They view it as 'just' a game and aren't religious about it. They enjoy this game.

3. Bandwagon fans (Charchila types) - These guys are the most irritating worst fans. When India will start losing, they will become pessimistic. But when India wins, they will all spring up in action claiming how they always supported India and always somehow knew that India will win. They will then ask type 1 fans (like me) to have 'faith' in Indian cricket. What joke. They probably shut off their browser when India loses SRT, probably watching reruns of Seinfeld.

So there you have it
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Apne hi muh se khud ki tareef karta hai

Ok chal, if it makes you happy, you are a better cricket fan than me. You know every-damn-thing about cricket, and I don't.

We haven't had the Friday Threads lately. Can you please wait till Friday before you start making those predictions? It's good for EC. Thanks

[size=0.8]Please don't attack my English now. I no speek good engles.[/size]

Sent from my iPhone.
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Junior eCharchan

Bihari Hero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila
Apne hi muh se khud ki tareef karta hai

Ok chal, if it makes you happy, you are a better cricket fan than me. You know every-damn-thing about cricket, and I don't.

We haven't had the Friday Threads lately. Can you please wait till Friday before you start making those predictions? It's good for EC. Thanks

[size=0.8]Please don't attack my English now. I no speek good engles.[/size]
acha theek hai... check out the news on dizzy!

Without dizzy, India can slaughter the Aus pace attack if they play their cards right
Old December 17th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Bihari Hero
acha theek hai... check out the news on dizzy!

Without dizzy, India can slaughter the Aus pace attack if they play their cards right
<replying in that thread>

Sent from my iPhone.