eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old June 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian immigrants slow to assimilate into mainstream: Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhakya
How many indian girl got killed out of 1.2 billion population(0.001%) verses how many non -virgin white girl you have at age of 16 year out of 300 million population(99.99%).

can not compare 0.001% verses 99.9%.can not compare what could have happened in some village in India verse USA.
so leaving aside the statistics, it is more important for a girl to be a virgin than to be alive? so, are we to take from your above statements, you are justifying honour killings?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
so leaving aside the statistics, it is more important for a girl to be a virgin than to be alive? so, are we to take from your above statements, you are justifying honour killings?

I am justifying when a NRI don't want his daughter to go to night club with white chicks , I don't think any NRI has killed his/her daughter in the name of pride in USA, killing is wrong but if they try to protect children by asking them to stay in home@night instead of opening leg for everybody is justified.

if ratan tata/ narayan murty don't want their daughter to behave like Paris hilton then what is wrong even this consider as bad assimilate by some scientific research theory.

If Sunidhi chauhan come to US and don't take drug like britney then she is slow to assimilate.

Last edited by chadhakya; June 10th, 2008 at 05:43 AM.
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

daru peene se pahale discussion topic dhyan se padh liya karo ki discuss kya ho raha hai.
so i am drunk now! thanks for jumping to conclusion about others without even knowing them!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
so i am drunk now! thanks for jumping to conclusion about others without even knowing them!
I am really sorry about that I deleted that line on my post.
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:33 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

Quote:
I am justifying when a NRI don't want his daughter to go to night club with white chicks , I don't think any NRI has killed his/her daughter in the name of pride in USA, killing is wrong but if they try to protect children by asking them to stay in home@night instead of opening leg for everybody is justified.

if ratan tata/ narayan murty don't want their daughter to behave like Paris hilton then what is wrong even this consider as bad assimilate by you scientific research theory.

If Sunidhi chauhan come to US and don't take drug like britney then she is slow to assimilate.
I agree with you on the point about NRIs. What I was pointing out was we should not stand on high pedestal nad preach that our culture is better. It is certainly better in some ways, its worse in some others. Your earlier post suggested that!

Yes, if the survey above takes in factors like 'going to chruch or taking drugs', I agree with you that it is a flawed research. But I really doubt if the serveyors that stupid to include such things!

Further, there is no harm if immigrants from India or China do not assimilate. They have already proved their worth to this country as ideal immigrants. As long their culture doesnt affect the host country unlike some (in cases like this), I dont think Americans will object to it.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 10th, 2008, 02:46 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi
not really surprised....well when my brother went to the states..i expected him to marry some white,black or latina girl..but he turned out to be an a$$.he came here and married an indian girl and went back.
milfun pai . usko poocho ki usne kuch scandals kiye ki nahi US mein . kiye hai to assimilate hi samjho
Old January 28th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Junior eCharchan

Rahul20978 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
dont put words into my mouth. i never said we should assimilate this way! i only wanted point out that balantly saying bad things in their culture doesnt help our case. we have several 'bad things' in our own culture. if you can point out negatively about their culture and use that as reasoning for not assimilating, we can do the same about our culture and use that as a reason for assimilation!

the point is how and to what extent do we want to assimilate into American culture is a individual decision. you or i cannot stand here and judge who and how much someone should assimilate into foreign culture. as far i see it, anyone not hurting the host country with their culture, however foreign it is to the host culture, it is ok!

now, if someone comes from a 7th century society, rapes and kills woman and then justifies it in the name of culture and ethnicity, he certainly deserves the toughest punishment allowed under law of the land! read this
Absolutely right. But then, how many honour (or honor, for the sake of assimilation) killings have been committed by the Indians in the US? If we let go of our shameful practices and adopt and adapt to the GOOD practices of the US, isn't that a degree of assimilation right there? Is it necessary that we abandon our culture so completely in an attempt to "fit in" and "assimilate" that we actually have to adopt everything that is deplorable in American society as well?