eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Buddhu

buddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant future
That Which Never Dies

Have you found it yet?

Was reading the famous parable from Buddha's life? (The Mustard Seed Story)

Quote:

Once upon a time, there was a young woman. She had a good marriage, a good husband, and they had one child, who they adored. Unfortunately, her husband grew sick, and his health deteriorated…and he died. His wife was devastated. She wanted to commit suicide, she wanted to jump in the funeral pyre with her husband, but the needs of her small child prevented her, and their child was now the only thing of her husband’s that she had, and she had to live – for the child and for the memory of her husband and his legacy. But then the child got sick, and got worse, and eventually, the child died as well.

This woman went almost insane, asking people, “Is there any physician anywhere who can make my child alive again? I was living only for him, now my life is empty and has no purpose; I have no reason to live.”

It happened that Buddha was coming to the town, so people said, “You take the child to Buddha. Tell him that you were living for this child, and the child has died, and ask him, ‘You are such a great enlightened person, call him back to life! Have mercy on me!’” So she went to Buddha.

She put the dead body of the child at Buddha’s feet and she said, “Can you help me. Can you make my child live again. Can you restore him back to life so that I may know his love and through him, I may experience the love of my husband again? You know all the secrets of life, you have attained to the ultimate peak of existence. Can you please take me out of this place that I’m in – that I may know life once more?”

Buddha said, “I will do it, but there is a condition.” She said, “I will do anything to have him back again.” Buddha said, “The condition is that you take your begging bowl and go throughout the village. From a house where no child has died, bring a few mustard seeds.”

The woman did not understand. She went to one house, and they said, “A few mustard seeds? We can bring a few bullock carts full of mustard seeds if Buddha can bring your son back to life. But we, too, have lost a child…” All through the village she went, asking the same at each house. Everybody was ready to help: “How many seeds do you want?” But the condition was impossible because they, too, had had lost a child to death…

In the evening she came back with her empty bowl. Buddha asked, “Where are the mustard seeds?”…and she understood that her experience was not unique – that what had happened to her had happened to everyone in the village ...
The story is important and has very relevant conclusions that we seem to know but continually want to ignore it ... Here it is:

Remember each moment, what you are accumulating -- is it going to be taken away by death? Then it is not worth bothering about. If it is not going to be taken away by death, then even life can be sacrificed for it -- because one day or another life is going to disappear. Before life disappears, use the opportunity to find that which never dies.
Old July 13th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Buddhu

buddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant futurebuddhusen has a brilliant future
Re: That Which Never Dies

I feel very empty today in life. I dont understand where I am headed and why is everyone else seem to be so sure about what they want to do in life. I feel clueless. Nothing seems important. Ever lasting. I knwo I can go and watch a movie and forget about it. I can have you-know-what, and release it, but this urgency, lack of identity has been the undercurrent in my being for a long time.

I am sure you all have felt it at so many times in your life. I dont want you to feel miserable. Sorry if you do?
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

Like Buddha said I would also ask you to get me some mustard seeds from the house where there is not a single person who has not had a similar thought as yours.

Sometimes I too wonder about this rat race. This fast life which is engulfed with technology, electronic waste, microwave frequencies, plastic waste and above all making enough money so that your kids can get good education which is getting expensive by the minute.

One look at the moon and things become so clear. I think of it this way. In this entire universe there is this small milky way galaxy, in that galaxy we have our solar system, in that system we are on the 3rd rock from the sun, on that rock I am in a continent named N America, in that continent I am living in a country call USA, in that country I am in a state called CA, in CA I am in a county, in that county I am in a city and in that city I live in a house. "I" appear so small and insignificant. Then I think there may be life else where [remember Avatar] which is much simpler, straight forward and worry free. I feel very much at peace. Then I think to my self, ok i was born on this planet and this is the way it is to be so be it. An dmy life goes on. No point stopping, standing and sulking.

Hope you feel better soon buddy!
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhusen View Post
I feel very empty today in life. I dont understand where I am headed and why is everyone else seem to be so sure about what they want to do in life. I feel clueless. Nothing seems important. Ever lasting. I knwo I can go and watch a movie and forget about it. I can have you-know-what, and release it, but this urgency, lack of identity has been the undercurrent in my being for a long time.

I am sure you all have felt it at so many times in your life. I dont want you to feel miserable. Sorry if you do?
Yaara you sound too much depressed, remember life is not war to fight, its thing to celebrate, don’t worry if you feel you are an ordinary person, we all are ordinary here, nothing special about anyone of us.
Rabbji made us human, god created man as image of himself, says, genesis, bible. The divine is perfect, you are divine’s creature.
Don’t take any decision unless it is really required, did you ever took which kindergarten school you would join?
Did you take decision on what your name should be?

Just be with the wind, you appear Bengali.

Jay mata di, releave your stress, wherever life is heading, it is heading like the way divine has decided, you can alter your path a bit, and then with divine intervention you will be back on the track, the place where rabb wants you to be.

God chose majority of us to be ordinary, then why worry so, be happy because rabb cannot se you depressed, it hurts rabb too

jeetIAF
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

I really dont know what to advise to you buddhuji. It feels you are on the low. You dont seem to make much sense out of anything: personal, professional, and may be even spiritual. Are you afraid of death?

I am, but I am in the same boat as you, that is sinking by the minute.
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:12 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes ... all of us go through days like you are having ... FEAR ... you don't know the origins ... you don't know the cause ... you cannot pinpoint the reasons. More like FEAR of UNKNOWN.

21 posts is too short an amount of time for us to know you. Wish could help you more ... get it over with. Get a pen and a piece of paper and start jotting down anything and everything that enters your mind in this state of mind ... start reading what you have written ... analyze if fear is of unknown or of some uncertainty. You will start to feel better ... hopefully.

Don't you have someone in life who you can trust with life? Its good to have someone like that in life. It could be anyone ... wife, friend, parents, God, favorite place where you find comfort, or simply go for a walk. I used to throw my kids up in the air when they were very young. They loved it. Laughter and chuckles when they were up in the air made my day. They had no fear. They didn't know fear. They knew that their father is there to catch them ... what was there to be afraid of ... so they wanted more. We all need someone in our lives who is there to catch us when we are falling.

Come back and tell us ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

It is only fair that all philosophers be poisoned

cha pai....there should be an icon for a cup of poison
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:55 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Oh was this thread a ploy to let out all the philosophers and then do them one by one ?
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Oh was this thread a ploy to let out all the philosophers and then do them one by one ?
good thinking....you will be head of CBI or FBI someday
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:07 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Remember each moment, what you are accumulating -- is it going to be taken away by death? Then it is not worth bothering about. If it is not going to be taken away by death, then even life can be sacrificed for it -- because one day or another life is going to disappear. Before life disappears, use the opportunity to find that which never dies.
This is bullshit. Everything dies with death. Nothing is left. There is nothing that never dies except some goodwill ... that is if you will care to leave some behind. Goodwill? Who gives a shit after death. Fuck the goodwill ... better leave some reputation behind ... get out of the house ... find a nice woman or if you prefer man ... screw her or him (if you like men) good ... real good ... go to a bar and get drunk ... go home ... abuse some neighbors while you are still drunk. You will have so many problems tomorrow morning that there will be no spare time left to deal with imaginary fears.

I had to check your profile. You are 32 years old. Aren't you a bit too old to be reading children's Panchtantra stories? At 32, you should be the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post

Whats wrong with you? Dhurendher, we have a new member who feels comfortable enough in our company to come seek our help in time of need and poison is all you can think of? chee chee chee
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:54 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kyon? Idhar kaun Socrates hai?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 14th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

How are you feeling today?
Old July 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
hmm.. is it considerate to ask that, in an open forum? I know one means well, but won't it remind of yesterday's melancholy?? Just loud thinking, ok..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 14th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Buddhu

Quote:
good thinking....you will be head of CBI or FBI someday
idiots you have at your site concluding that someone should be at CBI or FBI by some "good thinking" is what philo\sophy is? (Some TWISTED SOPHY or SOPHISTICATION)

tantra or technique is not philosophy (applies to meditation), I hope you understand that and not think
Old July 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Buddhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
feeling OK rakhs. (I hope I can call you that)

the feeling of getting up in the morning and immediately feeling that you woke up alone in bed or that you are alone in this whoel wide world is what I went thru today.