eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old July 4th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Heart Warming Desi Stories

We do bash a lot of politicians and public servants and poor desis in general. So lets use this thread to share good news

This Police Commissioner is a role model.

http://www.ndtv.com/telangana-news/t...rtment-1718176

Quote:
An IPS officer from Telangana has won an award from the US Department of State for his fight against human trafficking in India. Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat, currently Rachakonda Police Commissioner, has been conferred with the 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the US state department.

Mr Bhagwat is the third IPS officer to get the honour.

At the release of 2017 TIP Report in Washington yesterday, Mr Bhagwat was recognised for his vital role in elevating human trafficking as a government priority, and his innovative approach to investigating cases and dismantling trafficking operations.

According to the report, Mr Bhagwat joins seven other individuals from around the world who were recognised for their tireless efforts despite resistance, opposition, and threats to their lives - to protect victims, punish offenders, and raise awareness of ongoing criminal practices in their countries and abroad.
Old July 6th, 2017, 02:50 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heart Warming Desi Stories

good stuff, this caught my eye.. like who is this guy, doing something almost nobody would. I wish media went gaga over it, interviewed him about his thought process.
Old July 8th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
good stuff, this caught my eye.. like who is this guy, doing something almost nobody would. I wish media went gaga over it, interviewed him about his thought process.
Media going gaga over something positive is not happening, they are busy maligning.

What struck about this officer is that it is easy for him to not mess when the alternate option is so easy and so lucrative. It takes more willpower for such people than the ones who don't have a choice.
Old July 10th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

I was once driving my bike and saw this scrawny old man hauling this huge cart with gunny bags. I think his cows must have taken the day off. He was struggling to get the cart over a speed bump. As you may know, the speed bumps in India provide roller coaster like experience for drivers. Anyways, I saw this scrawny old man struggling and thought, how can I help?

So I pulled over next to him. I advised him to turn around toward the cart and Pull it towards him instead of pushing. He followed my advise and was able to get the cart over the hump. It felt good to do my part in helping the needy. I'm not looking for accolades or praise. I just thought of sharing this heart warming story.

Old July 10th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I was once driving my bike and saw this scrawny old man hauling this huge cart with gunny bags. I think his cows must have taken the day off. He was struggling to get the cart over a speed bump. As you may know, the speed bumps in India provide roller coaster like experience for drivers. Anyways, I saw this scrawny old man struggling and thought, how can I help?

So I pulled over next to him. I advised him to turn around toward the cart and Pull it towards him instead of pushing. He followed my advise and was able to get the cart over the hump. It felt good to do my part in helping the needy. I'm not looking for accolades or praise. I just thought of sharing this heart warming story.
That's awesome!!

The scene reminded me of Daddu's cart-pulling in Amitabh movie Sharaabi. Nobody comes to his help in the movie and he ends up losing his arms.
Old July 11th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is definitely debatable. How will pulling be more effective than pushing I am sure the old man got better leverage pushing the cart. For some reason I have a feeling that you pushed the cart while the old man was pulling, thus helping him get the cart over the hump. Then you quickly jumped into your car and behaved as if the old man did it all by himself and thus felt proud of his strength.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 11th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

my physics isnt all that agreat. how will this help with weight reduction?
Old July 11th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
This is definitely debatable. How will pulling be more effective than pushing I am sure the old man got better leverage pushing the cart. For some reason I have a feeling that you pushed the cart while the old man was pulling, thus helping him get the cart over the hump. Then you quickly jumped into your car and behaved as if the old man did it all by himself and thus felt proud of his strength.
First I offered to push it over the hump for 50% of his rate (which was measly btw). He started complaining something about gareeb ke pet pe laat and all that jazz. I was willing to settle for 30% , but he was cheap and wouldn't budge (literally and figuratively). Out of the goodness of my heart, I gave him the above advise, which saved the day.

Old July 11th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
my physics isnt all that agreat. how will this help with weight reduction?
By changing directions, he was using different set of muscles, which probably were less worn out.

Old July 12th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First I offered to push it over the hump for 50% of his rate (which was measly btw). He started complaining something about gareeb ke pet pe laat and all that jazz. I was willing to settle for 30% , but he was cheap and wouldn't budge (literally and figuratively). Out of the goodness of my heart, I gave him the above advise, which saved the day.
That really is unfair. You were going to charge 30% for just going over one bump What alien planet are you from You should look at the total distance that the old man had to drag the cart. Then the total number of bumps across the whole journey. That is when you should have made a fair offer. If he had already traveled half the distance and you offer to push the cart for the rest of the way then 30% would have been a fair offer. 30% for just one hump is outrageous

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 12th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
That really is unfair. You were going to charge 30% for just going over one bump What alien planet are you from You should look at the total distance that the old man had to drag the cart. Then the total number of bumps across the whole journey. That is when you should have made a fair offer. If he had already traveled half the distance and you offer to push the cart for the rest of the way then 30% would have been a fair offer. 30% for just one hump is outrageous
That's what he said. I based my price on his vulnerability.

Old July 13th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Seems like. And this is what is wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to take phayda of the vulnerability of the other person. It is like we are living in the world of keeda-makauda. People going to pray to their gods or eating their meats are shot and/or mauled from their tuchcha jeevan. No respect... no humanity left.

Old July 13th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Seems like. And this is what is wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to take phayda of the vulnerability of the other person. It is like we are living in the world of keeda-makauda. People going to pray to their gods or eating their meats are shot and/or mauled from their tuchcha jeevan. No respect... no humanity left.
Why are you so negative? It was supposed to be a heart warming story.

Old July 13th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Why are you so negative? It was supposed to be a heart warming story.
I am negative because all heart-warming stories end up like yours. Where the real intention is far out than what actually happens. Take the example of the widow who banned her husband to the sofa... only to find him dead the next morning. Her lesson was to never go to sleep angry... but her deed was to marry the brother of the dead man. And you are asking me why I am negative

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
I am negative because all heart-warming stories end up like yours. Where the real intention is far out than what actually happens. Take the example of the widow who banned her husband to the sofa... only to find him dead the next morning. Her lesson was to never go to sleep angry... but her deed was to marry the brother of the dead man. And you are asking me why I am negative
You are just a negative person. You collect sad songs all the time.