eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 9th, 2018, 06:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On Things, "This and That"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Toy R Us is shutting shop, my 5 year old kid is worried .. in his words .. daddy, what will the humans do for toys now? I'm like
ah the problems of the 1st world nations!!!
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

The time when you realize you are no longer “young”.

Buried deep in documentation, I barely had time for a sip of water, let alone witnessing the close-to-clowning bhadga of my beloved PM. If only I had something else to do, anything else to do, I would gladly take it upon myself.
If you were to describe that day in terms of weather, you would call it gloomy, with no breaks of sunshine, possible chance of thunder storm. So, when my colleague asked me if in my ‘younger’ days if I danced bhanga as well as our beloved PM, I just kept on looking. I wasn’t too sure if I should focus of our PM dancing bhangda or the fact that I was referred to as ‘in your younger days’.

So lately, I dig myself deeper in literature, only to realise, it doesn’t exactly have a strong mental record.
Old April 9th, 2018, 07:06 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I had to read it thrice to understand you meant bhangda/bhangra.. the folk dance of Punjab About 7-8% of population in Toronto, Vancouver is Punjabi, so it only makes sense Trudeau should do some bhangra every now and then.
Old April 9th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

What defines a fulfilling relationship?

For me, it’s not how many years you have been in that relationship, its ….
I should take a moment and stop you here. Read the sentence above again. “It’s” amazing how smart outlook is! It knows the difference between it’s and its! It prompted me with a blue underline when I typed its without apostrophe and moved on to type how. It didn’t prompt me with underline when I just typed its and didn’t continue the sentence. Another moment when you realise how much junk one can store in a human mind that it notices meticulous like this (or should it be these?).

Relationships: For me, it’s not how many years you have been in that relationship, it’s how nurtured your should felt post the relationship. Time doesn’t necessarily mean quality. So perhaps one of those “your place or mine” may leave you with a long lasting impression, even longing if you will, than the 25 years of togetherness. Moral of the story: don’t say no to one night stands.
Old April 10th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
You seem right. Or wrong. or we are both right? Some journals call her Ananabai.

We are both right until one of us is wrong. Ananabai and Anandibai were both locked up in a steel vault. You release gas. One of them may die or both or none. So until you open it, they are both alive and dead.
journals got her name wrong. Her name is Anandi as Ashdoc says. Its a marathi name.....
Old April 10th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

I read this thread all in one go today. It feels like I am reading the transcript of what goes on in Sheldon's mind in the big bang theory....

anyone seeing Young Sheldon? not bad...
Old April 10th, 2018, 11:05 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I read this thread all in one go today. It feels like I am reading the transcript of what goes on in Sheldon's mind in the big bang theory....

anyone seeing Young Sheldon? not bad...
Been meaning to watch that, but I guess I was waiting for some reviews
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 10th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
Sheldon? You flatter me. He is a red-eye flight soaring high, flying fast. I on the other hand is a passenger train, stopping at every village, hamlet, pausing to chat with people and cattle alike. You flatter me my friend. that you do.

Last edited by Aashika; April 10th, 2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old April 11th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Why don’t men baby-talk?
When I was all but a little babe of 2, my mom had recorded my voice in a tape recorder. They are the wound up brown tape in rectangular tablets; If you grew up when I did, you would know what I am referring to. Mom used to encourage baby-talk. Mom used to encourage baby-talk in all girls. On the contrary, mom tells boys not to baby talk. Its not very masculine you see.

“my fair little princess, my sugar and spice, don’t ever stop talking like this.” She said.
“Listen you snotty nose, fair warning. This is the day you will last utter any gibberish. Man up! you are almost a toddler now.” She said to our little brother.

Years later, we see women koochi-cooing in a man’s ear ‘go get me that golden deer’, or, ‘Antony my love, lets make love and repossess Ptolemaic lands’
…never forgetting to blink those long lashes and pout those rosy lips, without missing a beat. Falling for those lovey-dovey-cuddly-wet-kisses, men jump from or move the mountains. The forbidden cooing does the trick.

Moms then pass on what moms are known best for…creating a set of identical moms who pass on the esoterica (yes, please google).
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Sheldon? You flatter me. He is a red-eye flight soaring high, flying fast. I on the other hand is a passenger train, stopping at every village, hamlet, pausing to chat with people and cattle alike. You flatter me my friend. that you do.
Its like following your train of thought... ooh now I am thinking about trains and how they whistle and how that creates various effects ooh... now I am thinking about doppler effect how train whistles are best example... ooh now I am thinking about whistles and how they are used in sports ooh... now I am thinking about sports, football specifically ooh.... footballs are round and spherical like earth ooh flat earthers are coo-coo mad ooh coo-coo cuckoos are black but their shit is white!

so... see how trains make some people think about bird shit I am pretty sure sheldon would find loads of stages in the red eye flight soaring high through various stages in the stratosphere...

btw thats is how I felt reading the thread in one go
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:05 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why don’t men baby-talk?
When I was all but a little babe of 2, my mom had recorded my voice in a tape recorder. They are the wound up brown tape in rectangular tablets; If you grew up when I did, you would know what I am referring to. Mom used to encourage baby-talk. Mom used to encourage baby-talk in all girls. On the contrary, mom tells boys not to baby talk. Its not very masculine you see.

“my fair little princess, my sugar and spice, don’t ever stop talking like this.” She said.
“Listen you snotty nose, fair warning. This is the day you will last utter any gibberish. Man up! you are almost a toddler now.” She said to our little brother.

Years later, we see women koochi-cooing in a man’s ear ‘go get me that golden deer’, or, ‘Antony my love, lets make love and repossess Ptolemaic lands’
…never forgetting to blink those long lashes and pout those rosy lips, without missing a beat. Falling for those lovey-dovey-cuddly-wet-kisses, men jump from or move the mountains. The forbidden cooing does the trick.

Moms then pass on what moms are known best for…creating a set of identical moms who pass on the esoterica (yes, please google).
My sister also used to baby talk and no one discouraged her till she became 12 and mom told 'Do you still want to baby talk' she reduced substantially after that.
I have seen one cousin specially telling her daughter not to baby talk.
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Reading the flight experiences makes me think, why dont we have flight seats along the length of the place rather than across it? majority of futuristic movies show seats like that.
will that reduce the number of passengers per flight? it will be more comfortable for passengers and for flight crew for sure.
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:35 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now that would be a scandal
There is the example of forgiving Hillary Clinton for spouses to follow
Old April 11th, 2018, 11:39 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
There is the example of forgiving Hillary Clinton for spouses to follow
Hillary is the role-model wife for cheating husbands.
Old April 12th, 2018, 10:33 AM

Orissa Connections to Nehru family -

Nehru is taken ill during his stay at Bhubaneswar in May 1964. Later he dies in New Delhi.
Mrs Gandhi addresses a rally at Bhubaneswar on October 30, 1984. The next day in Delhi she is sprayed with bullets.
Rajiv campaigns at Gunpurin Orissa on May 21. Eight hours later he is dead.

Has Pappu visited Orissa yet?