eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old October 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Manorama - Six Feet Under : Good suspense drama after a long time.

I will not reveal the suspsense of this film as the director really manages to keep the suspense till the last few minutes when it all unfolds, and even then the final revelation is really something.

Abhay Deol acts really well in this suspense drama set in a arid Rajasthan village by the name of Lakhot. The movie is inspired in part by a Roman Polanski movie (which I have seen many years ago) but the desi touch and treatment is really good! Dont look up Roman Polanski's films now on the net lest you spoil the fun of this Hindi inspiration.

The story is about a junior engineer in the Public Words Department (PWD) who has been suspended from his job pending an inquiry into allegations of bribery and corruption. Now Abhay Deol's character has written a detective novel called Manorama but it has been a flop. It sold only 200 copies. He wanted to be a famous novelist, but now is a engineer and recently suspended!

Anyway, one day a woman (played by Sarika) drops at his doorstep and says that she has a detective assignment for him. He is to take photographs of her husband who is having an affair with some woman. Her husband is no oridinary man but the local Memeber Of Legislative Assembly (MLA).

The movie really kicks into gear when the MLA's wife ends up committing suicide.

I dont want to reveal any more of the plot line, but I can say that you will spend a good 2 hours watching this movie and not feel stupid at having watched something boring. Its a good movie, slow at some points, but overall a good suspense movie.

The actors are not that well known, but some of them are old timers. Overall, a good Saturday afternoon experience.
Old October 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manorama - Six Feet Under : Good suspense drama after a long time.

liked it sunit....watched it just based off ur review. no regrets!
Abhay deol is a nice boy next door kind of actor.

This is his second movie after the whatever time ki last local- that i liked...
4/5

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old October 14th, 2007, 08:39 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Manorama - Six Feet Under : Good suspense drama after a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg
liked it sunit....watched it just based off ur review. no regrets!
Abhay deol is a nice boy next door kind of actor.

This is his second movie after the whatever time ki last local- that i liked...
4/5
1.40 ki local...........saw it last week..............man o man.......mind blowing movie. U know these shitheads Johars & Chopras & Roshans (after kkrish) shud just understand what excatly cinema is and putting in money in crores & chweteya SUPERstar cast can't help at all.

From last 3-4 years thankz God, Indian cinema has got a new brigade of young people who dare to make parallel-commercial cinema (all thankz to people like Madhur Bhandarkar, nagesh kuknoor) and gave us around 40-50 good sound movies, with amazing low budget and starcast

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old November 15th, 2007, 04:07 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Had this movie on my disk for more than a month... today watched it just by sheer chance.. odd name.. wtf... I can't be more mistaken by a name... M-SFU is a fantastic suspence thriller... each actor has put his worth in it and the plot unfolds so gradually and teasingly that one has to see the movie to feel what I am feeling right now...

should have seen it earlier if not for the odd name... don't know how I missed this thread... these are what movies are about...
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it a couple of weeks back.Good movie.Abhay Deol has looked good in role of a mature man.
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:02 PM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

btw I loved to watch Raima Sen with her large expressive eyes, nice complexion, traditional looks - kind of beauty that I appreciate. She was looking quite refreshing in her simple salwar kameez suit / sarees.. simple indian clothing impart so much freshness and beauty...

She too acted well, hope to see her more often. Reminded me of Suchitra Sen.
Old November 16th, 2007, 07:40 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
btw I loved to watch Raima Sen with her large expressive eyes, nice complexion, traditional looks - kind of beauty that I appreciate. She was looking quite refreshing in her simple salwar kameez suit / sarees.. simple indian clothing impart so much freshness and beauty...

She too acted well, hope to see her more often. Reminded me of Suchitra Sen.
i agree :-) raima is sooooooooo cute....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11raima1.jpg (6.3 KB, 19 views)

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old December 14th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Manorama - Six Feet Under : Good suspense drama after a long time.

late latif alert:

finally watched this movie..sahi abhay deol kay movie choices zabardast hai bawa
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Desibaba, this is a good movie. They remade the Hollywood flick China Town, but added good desi masala. Gul Panang gave total Savita Bhabhi vibes
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

Great Movie. Abhay Deol is good in all his movies.
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:39 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this movie . liked it very much . very taut thriller . I had really kept it aside as a C grade off-beat film . Maybe I should check out Dev D too...
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Benam eCharchan

Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond repute

good movie.

first time saw gul panag acting.
she is very good. totally agree with cha pai, ekdum SB vibes.
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
good movie.

first time saw gul panag acting.
she is very good. totally agree with cha pai, ekdum SB vibes.

have you watched DOR starring aayesha takia and gul panag.
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:53 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Koi adult scene hai kya? Bole toh daddy mummy ke saath baithke dekh sakte kya?
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:34 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna View Post
Koi adult scene hai kya? Bole toh daddy mummy ke saath baithke dekh sakte kya?
6 feet under has no adult scene.