eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up One more Telugu film under my belt - Athadu : good action masala movie!

When I told you all about a Telugu film which I watched recently, someone suggested that I should see Athadu too.

So I rented the DVD of Athadu starring Trisha (whom I believe to have seen in some other South film) and Mahesh Babu.

This movie has all the masala elements of a typical Bollywood film mixed with Hollywood style special effects.

So our hero, Nandu is a orphan who has taken to crime very early on in his life. Another orphan is his partner in crime. As they both grow up together, they take on more criminal activities. Nandu then gets a contract for orchestrating a fake assasination of a political leader. This is to generate a sympathy wave and ensure election for this candidate. On the day and time of the 'assasination' something goes wrong and the politician is really killed. Nandu did not kill him, but then who did?

Well, you can guess rest of the story, but the story has a interesting twist which reminded me of an old Rajesh Khanna film Dushman. Nandu goes to a small village and takes on the role of Pardhu, another young man who is killed in the course of Nandu's escape from the police. Nandu lives with the family and falls in love with Trisha.

Well, theere is the usual police drama, melodrama, CBI, some silly comedy and all that.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. Good action, good stunts, good plot and well done finale.

(PS: Maybe this is a old movie, but I saw it recently)
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
eCharchan

style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough
Re: One more Telugu film under my belt - Athadu : good action masala movie!

sounds like old salman's movie, same plot (suspense deleted.. for folks who might still want to see the movie- Sunit)

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply

Last edited by echarcha; January 11th, 2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One more Telugu film under my belt - Athadu : good action masala movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
sounds like old salman's movie, same plot (suspense deleted.. for folks who might still want to see the movie- Sunit)
This movie too is an old movie. The Salman movie you mention has lifted quite a lot from this movie and it sucked big time. First fault, its Salman, second fault - they screwed up the whole story way beyond what you can digest in a Bollywood film.