eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old September 29th, 2009, 09:21 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Property on moon

Some time ago, there was a thread on rising property prices. On the heels of the same, now comes the news of water on moon. This has led to a rush to buy property on moon, something akin to the gold rush of California.

Further, the buzz is that the inhabitants of the Lunar colony will fight for their independence from earth. They have already declared themselves a separate nationality and are calling themselves "Loonies". Some of them have even started using a currency by the same name.

Quote:
Water find sparks a mad rush for lunar property
Prashanth G N, TNN 30 September 2009, 04:33am IST

BANGALORE: Want to buy land on the Moon? You think Bangalore's getting too congested? There's even an Indian who would like to sell 2,000 acres at $4 an acre. He got it cheap, though on an average, lunar land costs $20 an acre. The discovery of water molecules on the Moon seems to have spurred a new interest in this property.

Bizarre? That's the kind of extra-terrestrial chat on the internet about buying land on the Moon, something US-headquartered Lunar Embassy claims it first initiated.

Whether that claim is true or not, the company has been selling and registering property on the Moon for the past 29 years. Its website tells you everything you need to know about the process, including why this venture is not a fraud.

It also claims it's the only company to possess a legal basis and copyright for the sale of lunar and other extra-terrestrial property in the solar system. The organisation claims it has over 3,470,072 members.

So, how did Lunar Embassy get the right to own, sell and register land on the Moon? A declaration of ownership was filed with the United Nations as well as the US and Russian governments 29 years ago by Dennis M Hope of the Lunar Embassy to ensure a legal basis for ownership of properties sold on the moon. No country has contested that claim or declaration.

Though the international Moon Treaty, finalised in 1979 and in force since 1984, forbids private ownership of extra-terrestrial real estate, as of January 1, 2008 only 13 states ratified the agreement and more importantly not a single country has legally contested Lunar Embassy's claims to ownership of Moon land. Thus, anyone who made the first claim before the UN becomes the first owner. Lunar Embassy says it made the first claim and so it is the rightful owner of lunar property.

There's another fact that Lunar Embassy is banking on. Although the Outer Space Treaty, which came into force in 1967 forbids countries from claiming celestial bodies, there apparently is no provision forbidding private individuals from doing so. In 1996, the company set up its website, the MoonShop, "the first Internet website ever to be selling properties on any extraterrestrial body".
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old September 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Wanna buy land on the moon ?

Want to buy land on the Moon? You think Bangalore's getting too congested? There's even an Indian who would like to sell 2,000 acres at $4 an acre. He got it cheap, though on an average, lunar land costs $20 an acre. The discovery of water molecules on the Moon seems to have spurred a new interest in this property.

Bizarre? That's the kind of extra-terrestrial chat on the internet about buying land on the Moon, something US-headquartered Lunar Embassy claims it first initiated.

Whether that claim is true or not, the company has been selling and registering property on the Moon for the past 29 years. Its website tells you everything you need to know about the process, including why this venture is not a fraud.

It also claims it's the only company to possess a legal basis and copyright for the sale of lunar and other extra-terrestrial property in the solar system. The organisation claims it has over 3,470,072 members.

So, how did Lunar Embassy get the right to own, sell and register land on the Moon? A declaration of ownership was filed with the United Nations as well as the US and Russian governments 29 years ago by Dennis M Hope of the Lunar Embassy to ensure a legal basis for ownership of properties sold on the moon. No country has contested that claim or declaration.

Though the international Moon Treaty, finalised in 1979 and in force since 1984, forbids private ownership of extra-terrestrial real estate, as of January 1, 2008 only 13 states ratified the agreement and more importantly not a single country has legally contested Lunar Embassy's claims to ownership of Moon land. Thus, anyone who made the first claim before the UN becomes the first owner. Lunar Embassy says it made the first claim and so it is the rightful owner of lunar property.

There's another fact that Lunar Embassy is banking on. Although the Outer Space Treaty, which came into force in 1967 forbids countries from claiming celestial bodies, there apparently is no provision forbidding private individuals from doing so. In 1996, the company set up its website, the MoonShop, "the first Internet website ever to be selling properties on any extraterrestrial body".

Lunar land

Property -- Rate (in $)

Prime View Lunar Properties (1 acre), Deed with name printed -- 22.49

Prime View Lunar Properties (1 acre), Normal Deed -- 19.99

Register Your Name and Property in Lunar Embassy Registry Archive -- 15

Ethereal Net - Dial-Up Access Full Year Price -- 107

Extraterrestrial Domain Names -- 22

Lunar Explorer Virtual Moon Simulation and 1 Acre Lunar Land -- 49.95

Lunar Explorer Virtual Moon Simulation -- 29.95

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/n...ow/5069590.cms
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wanna buy land on the moon ?

did two different threads got merged here?

I see almost same contents in both of them

ToI and TNN (times new network)..aren't they same?
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
did two different threads got merged here?

I see almost same contents in both of them

ToI and TNN (times new network)..aren't they same?
Well,if you want to buy lunar land,it does not matter what the source is.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Well,if you want to buy lunar land,it does not matter what the source is.
charan kahan hain aapke naapyji

there was a quote back then "what good is moon when you cant buy or sell it"...well...it just went into trash
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Property on moon

Sprite saheb aajkal bahut mood mei rehte hai,lagta hi do teen nayi ladkiya pata liya hi inhone
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Sprite saheb aajkal bahut mood mei rehte hai,lagta hi do teen nayi ladkiya pata liya hi inhone
I was about to comment on that.. This sprite appears to be much less acidic... positively sugary.. kuch bada change aaya hai iski life me.. Shaadi, I think..

Old September 30th, 2009, 01:48 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
I was about to comment on that.. This sprite appears to be much less acidic... positively sugary.. kuch bada change aaya hai iski life me.. Shaadi, I think..

Ashdocji ett Spriteji Sahib son't dan s l ' amour!!!
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
acidic...me? when? I mean leave alone that gang-rape episode..other than that

main bechara...kaam ke bojh ka maara....aur aaj-kal cinkara tak nahi milti
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:54 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
You mean that was just a "jawaani ki bhool"? Friends leading you astray

Old September 30th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Banned

Quote:

aise bouncers matt pheka karo yaar..waise hi lunch ke baad neend mein rehta hoo aur cheezei.n samajh mein nahi aati
Old September 30th, 2009, 02:02 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:

aise bouncers matt pheka karo yaar..waise hi lunch ke baad neend mein rehta hoo aur cheezei.n samajh mein nahi aati
mera to bura haal hota hai, khana khane ke pehle.. dimag me blood supply nahi hota na.. chalo, lunch karke aata hoon.

Old September 30th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
abhi tubelite jali...ohhh no...it was no bhoot or friends stuff...was looong pending...in any case...I dont think I did anything there...some chemical reactions are self-sustainable..aapko sirf shuru karna padta hain...baaki they can take care of themselves...main to sirf bahar baith ke dekh raha tha sodium pe paani girne se kya hota hain
Old September 30th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

kaunse wala kaam?

jhyada bojh achcha nahi...release your "juices"
Old September 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post

Ashdocji ett Spriteji Sahib son't dan s l ' amour!!!

Yes Tantubhai,which language was that, Spanish ?