eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old June 18th, 2015, 09:48 PM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mahadev Shiv - the Supreme, the Ultimate

A small write-up titled Yogini Tantra found on fb.

It was an interesting read. Mahadev was humbled by none other than .....

~This painting is based on a narrative featuring in the Yogini Tantra. After the complete dissolution of the universe, when nothing remained other than Shiva and Shakti, Shiva mocked Parvati saying, 'O Devi, I always choose kaivalya. Hence I am absolutely comfortable when there is no creation. But what will you do now, you being the ever-creative force?' At this the Devi replied, 'Never forget that you exist by virtue of my power. without me, you are no better than a corpse. So even if you are enjoying kaivalya now, it is because I am enabling you to do so.' Shiva had nothing to answer but twarted by this insult, he resolved to teach her a lesson. He took a handful of ashes from his body and created a demon whom he named Ghora. Him Shiva commanded to show Parvati what the great Lord could do. The moment Ghora met the Goddess, he was enchanted by her beauty and he asked for her hand in marriage . The Goddess soon assumed the form of Kali and said,' I never keep the aspirations of my devotees unfulfilled. Since you have desired me, I shall surely accept you.' saying this she projected forth her tongue and swallowed up Ghora. Humbling Shiva's pride, Kali revealed before him her cosmic form with millions of universes contained in it. Shiva entered into this vast body of hers and in its various energy centres, beheld the secrets of the universe. In her body he encountered millions of Brahmas, Vishnus and Shivas like himself and was overwhelmed with wonder and fear. Within her heart lotus, he saw the grand body of Shabdabrahman comprising of the fifty letters. There he saw the Agamas, the Vedas, the Puranas, the Smritis and all the limbs of Shastra. The fifty Matrikas embodying the universe of names and forms and the essence of all Mantras were stationed there. From her Ida and Pingala, Brahma and Vishnu were born who again merged into her; and Shiva could well perceive that they were all subject to birth and death. With this vision, Shiva attained the highest enlightenment and recognized the Goddess as the Supreme Reality. As she said, 'There is no state of Brahman higher than that of Kali', he realized that she was absolutely identical with Brahman. He offered himself as a corpse under her feet and attained the supreme bliss.

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; June 19th, 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old June 19th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

What tf I am going to have nightmares henceforth... every time I sleep

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Read the snippet. I wonder, if what it says is true, why Ma Kali is not as much revered as Lord Shiva Himself?
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:11 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Had Mahakaleshwar (Ujjain) 's darshan 2nd time.

Har Har Mahadev. Om Namah Shivaya.
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:16 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Read the snippet. I wonder, if what it says is true, why Ma Kali is not as much revered as Lord Shiva Himself?
Maybe it's like this. The foundation on which a grand skycrapper stands is neither visible nor appreciated as much as the external imposing structural Iooks.
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:44 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Had Mahakaleshwar (Ujjain) 's darshan 2nd time.

Har Har Mahadev. Om Namah Shivaya.
i had visited in february . but photos are not allowed inside . so no photographic proof .
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:12 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I've visited a few times in my childhood when we lived in Indore. Also, Omkareshwar another one of the 12 jyotirlingas is in the vicinity.

Btw, pics are allowed outside
Old May 11th, 2017, 12:01 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Shiva of Marleshwar---

there is a temple in konkan region of maharashtra situated in a forest on the top of a mountain . it is dedicated to shiva . steps have been created to climb the mountain . after climbing some 500 large steps you can reach the temple .

the idol of the penis of god in union with goddess's vagina was found by a group of hunters in the remote past , and it was found surrounded by venomous cobras . ever since then a temple has been created around the idol and it has acquired legendary status . devotees regularly make the hard climb of hundreds of steps to take blessings of the lord shiva of marleshwar .

the cobras have never left the place and the priests of the temple live among the cobras . devotees pray to god among the cobras .
my female cousin who visited the site few years ago was terrified when she saw the cobras , as no one had warned her about them . but the priests and devotees swear that the cobras never bite either any priest or devotee .

in hindu mythology shiva is always represented surrounded by snakes , and he is never worshipped in his full bodily form but only his penis will be worshipped in union with his wife's ( the goddess parvati ) vagina . the accidental finding of such an idol atop a mountain in a remote forest surrounded by the god's favourite animals ( snakes ) excited the imagination of hindu believers like never before .

what could be the story of the idol ? of course if was crafted by artisans in the remote past and adorned some temple in the plains . but muslim invaders probably threatened to break the idol into pieces during their invasions . some intrepid devotees must have carried the idol for safekeeping atop the high mountain in the forest where the invaders could not penetrate , and here it must have lain forgotten for centuries....but when it was rediscovered centuries later it was surrounded by the lord's favourite animals---cobras . possibly the muslim invaders reached even this place , but the presence of cobras prevented them from trying to destroy the idol .

today the cobras are regarded as the protectors of the idol , and the presence of cobras is considered auspicious in the temple---for it is they who must have protected the idol over the centuries from being desecrated . after a hard climb of over 500 stairs a true believer can attain spiritual nirvana if he or she has the guts to believe the stories of the poisonous snakes being benign to devotees !! as for as myself is concerned , i neither have energy the climb over 500 big stairs to reach the temple nor do i have the daring to risk my life among live cobras .

---ashdoc .