eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 3rd, 2005, 04:17 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
Angry shocking acquittals in pakistan gang rape case

this is incredible. i think news of this has been posted before when it happened but all the accused have been acquitted. the victim's brother was accused of rape and a pakistani tribal council ordered the rape of his sister in revenge!!

the rapists have now been acquitted!!
jeez......

Acquittals in Pakistan gang rape

Mukhtar Mai said 150 men ignored her pleas for mercy
Five men sentenced to death in a high-profile gang-rape case in the Pakistani province of Punjab have been acquitted on appeal.
Judges in Lahore said there was insufficient evidence. A sixth man had his sentence commuted to life in jail.

A Pakistani tribal council allegedly ordered the rape of Mukhtar Mai in February 2002 as punishment for a rape falsely attributed to her brother.

The case shocked rights groups in Pakistan and overseas.

'Justice done'

The two judges of the Multan bench of the Lahore High Court criticised faulty procedures in the police investigation of the alleged rape.

I will go to appeal. I will go anywhere, wherever is necessary... to get my right

Mukhtar Mai

School hope for Mukhtar Mai

A total of 14 men originally stood trial in a special anti-terrorism court in Dera Ghazi Khan in August 2002 but only six of them were convicted - four alleged rapists and two panchayat (tribal council) members.

Defence lawyer Mohammad Salim said: "Justice has been done. The verdict of the anti-terrorism court in August 2002 was largely influenced by media hype and government pressure."

Ms Mai broke down on hearing the appeal verdict.

"I will go to appeal. I will go anywhere, wherever is necessary... to get my right," she told the Reuters news agency.

Schools built

The panchayat in Meerwala, southern Punjab, had found Ms Mai's younger brother, Shakoor, guilty of raping a girl from the village's powerful Mastoi clan.

It was later revealed in a conventional court that the 12-year-old had in fact been kidnapped and sexually assaulted by the same men who later made up his jury.

Mukhtar Mai spent compensation money on building schools

It was alleged that Ms Mai was then taken away to be raped in revenge for her brother's supposed crime.

None of the 150 men present responded to her pleas for mercy, she said.

Ms Mai became famous after the rape for human rights work and pursuing the case through the courts, although she said she faced threats from her alleged attackers' supporters.

She built two schools in her village with the $9,400 compensation money she was awarded.

"Education will play a very, very important role in changing the minds of men. Without these schools, my life would be nothing," she told the BBC news website last year.

"Even if I don't succeed in my struggle," she says, "I'll keep trying until my death."

Tribal courts are effectively the only system of justice in many rural areas of Pakistan, traditionally relying on resolving disputes between whole families.

Women often suffer "honour punishments" to pay for crimes attributed to relatives.

link
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:13 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Its the law there

Vakil Sahib, why are you getting agitated with this verdict?? This is Pakistan, where the primitive laws of the jungle prevail. Its really funny how these tribal courts pass a decree for a family where an innocent woman should be gang raped for a rape committed by her brother. What Justice!!

Though the leaders of such countries including Musharaff portray to the outside world, how modernized their country is, these Taleban type laws still work at the helm of their lives. Honour punishments in Pakistan, Making new born babies stand trial for dacoity in Bangladesh are apparently routine affairs with these countries.

Though I don’t have much faith in the Indian judicial system, I feel thankful that they are not as abysmal as these countries.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:20 AM
nayasavera

It's amazing how, even in these times, countries get away with such disgusting crimes against their women. This incident alone calls for heaviest economic sanctions on that cursed land.

I just hope that there's something equivalent of Supreme Court there and the woman gets justice. Otherwise, Musharraf should be sentenced to gang-rape by the heads of all African nations till he cleans the justice system in his country.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
ROFLMAO at nayabhai
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Pakistan.. ha ha ha ha What else can you expect?
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:07 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by nayasavera
It's amazing how, even in these times, countries get away with such disgusting crimes against their women. This incident alone calls for heaviest economic sanctions on that cursed land.

I just hope that there's something equivalent of Supreme Court there and the woman gets justice. Otherwise, Musharraf should be sentenced to gang-rape by the heads of all African nations till he cleans the justice system in his country.
ROTFL....imagining that irritating looking Thabo Mbeki screwing Mush...or that big gorilla Nigerian Prez Olesegun Obasanjo humping Mush

on the other hand....let's remind ourselves that rapists are usually not caught in New Delhi.....even if it means raping a person with diplomatic status

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...e&pagenumber=1

Last edited by dhurandhar; March 3rd, 2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Aamer Batooq

Red face

Incredible enough, thousands of women still die in India every year in the hands of their own husbands because their family couldn’t meet the economic expectations of their in-laws. Many of these cases were brought to the light after the efforts of different associations and individuals, fighting to eradicate at once dowry deaths. Most of them, though, remained unknown and what’s more important, unpunished, because of the conscientious effort of the ruling elite to hide them.

Namrata was the center of maybe one of the most famous cases. Her death and the legal process that followed it put dowry deaths in the media spotlight not only in India but also abroad. The eyes of the world were carefully examining every thing that happened in that courtroom.

Namrata was 22 years old and a middle class graduate when she married Vivek in 1980 in Dehli, one of the most conservative cities in India. Vivek and his family were not happy with the dowry they had received from Namrata’s family and started torturing her as soon as she got pregnant. In a visit to Namrata’s parents, Vivek demanded a scooter on the birth of the child. Her parents didn’t give in to his demands. Two days later, and less than a year after her marriage Namrata was found dead in her kitchen. Her body was badly burnt.

Her mother, Lavanya, started a four-year lonely struggle to get her daughter’s murder to be punished. Finally with the help of different Indian women’s associations Lavanya brought her daughter’s case to the Supreme Court of India and Lavanya’s in-laws summoned on charges of abetment to commit suicide. It wasn’t until 1993 when a charge was framed against Vivek and his mother.

As in the Namrata case, Vimala’s murder didn’t go unpunished. For Vimala the harassment started right after the wedding. Her family couldn’t meet the dowry demands of her in-laws. After less than a year of marriage and eight months pregnant, Vimala’s mother in-law soaked her in kerosene and set her aflame. She was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Unfortunately most of the cases go unpunished. Many husbands know how the law can be tricked. This is the case of Shilpa who’s murder is a perfect example of how planned these murders may be. Shilpa got married at fifteen, too young according to Indian law. She suffered the abuse of his husband’s family, pressuring her to give them more and more money. Shilpa didn’t stay quiet; she sought help several times in a shelter for abused women, to cope with the constant demands for dowry of their family. After counseling the couple was together again. She was twenty-two when they found her badly burnt in the kitchen floor. Her husband knew that according to the Dowry Prohibition Act, a death is only considered a dowry crime if it happens within the first 7 years of the marriage- Shilpa was murdered 7 years after her wedding. Her husband’s family was powerful enough to interfere with the process. After an insufficient investigation Shilpa’s husband was acquitted for lack of evidence.

what shall i do !!
ha ha hahaha...this is india what else can you expect.
OR
shit happens every where !
india is no better then Pakistan.
Its like some one fart in Pakistan and you lads have to make something out of it.
you are NOT keyboard warriors but COWARDS
propaganda against Pakistan
thats all at this site
Looks like you want these two countries to go on war ..crazy people you are
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:16 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

look at my post you moron....I am offering the most balanced view thereis
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:18 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of
arre..Dhuru, moron ko moron bolne ka kya faayda.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
Aamer Batooq

Quote:
Originally posted by dhurandhar
look at my post you moron....I am offering the most balanced view thereis
shove your offering up your arse.
when i wrote it
your balanced post wasnt there.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Aamer Batooq
shove your offering up your arse.
when i wrote it
your balanced post wasnt there.
This is a desi forum where a Paki like you is 'tolerated'. Please show us a Paki forum where any desi is tolerated. Offcourse desis who are ashamed to be born Indian would be most welcome on your forums, I guess.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
copy/paste

Forced to wed at 14

By John Masanauskas
February 28, 2005

AUSTRALIAN girls as young as 14 are being sent to Lebanon and forced into marriage.

Australian Arabic Council chairman Roland Jabbour said most forced marriage cases involved Muslims, with the husbands usually from rural villages.

"Some of these families are bound by customs and traditions but the practice doesn't accurately reflect the whole Lebanese community," Mr Jabbour said.

The Department of Foreign Affairs travel advisory for Lebanon includes warnings that child custody decisions and divorce are based on religious law.

Girls have sought help from the Australian embassy in Beirut amid claims they were raped and kidnapped.
Consular officials work hard to help the victims but often face strong legal and cultural barriers while trying to get them home.

Under Lebanese law, Lebanese men can stop their Australian wives and children from leaving the country.

Australia's ambassador to Lebanon, Stephanie Shwabsky, has raised the forced marriage issue with Lebanese community and religious leaders in Australia.

In a letter to the Arabic media here, Ms Shwabsky said marriages involving people under 18 were illegal under Australian law.

"Importantly, the marriage would not be recognised in Australia at any time after the marriage, for example when the person concerned reaches the age of 18," she said.

Speaking from Beirut, Ms Shwabsky told the Herald Sun that the embassy had handled about 12 forced marriage cases over the past year.

The youngest was 14, but some others, including a male, were aged in their early 20s.

"Often these cases are quite serious because they are young, distressed and want urgent help," Ms Shwabsky said.

She said it was a brave step for the victims to come forward because they were rejecting marriages arranged by their families.

copy/paste
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

tantu bhai kyon yeh sub likh rahey ho? No use... Pakistanis and 'gentlemen wearing special head dress from Middle East' will never improve
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Aamer Batooq

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
This is a desi forum where a Paki like you is 'tolerated'. Please show us a Paki forum where any desi is tolerated. Offcourse desis who are ashamed to be born Indian would be most welcome on your forums, I guess.

who the heck asked you to 'tolerate' a PAKISTANI like me.
or
maybe its the same 'unknown forces' who are makeing your 'politicians' kiss PAKISTANI ass.
when you cant reply to a post of mine and you have nothing to say or when you dont have an answer,suddenly you are 'tolerating' me NO you are not ****ing doing anything,I come here to have fun laugh at your idiotic visions versions and thoughts,people like you mr echarcha make me laugh,you dont even have a ****in logic half of your posts have no logic ( recent example is PAKISTANI cricket team asking for better travel arrangements )
DESI forum !!
and I am a PAKISTANI
so I am not desi
what the heck is the difference !!!!!!!!!!!
no logic again
word 'DESI' is used by indian and PAKISTANIS for themselves when they are in US of A.
this word is not OWNED by no one and any one from sub continent can classify himself as one.
No one will ever invite a **** like you to any other forum cause people dont like to listen to non logic crap from a stubborn right wing hindu fart like you and least of all you ****in dont listen to no one.

DONT TOLERAT ME
this is your forum ban me do what ever you want to do,because one thing for sure you are not tolerating anything.
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Aamer Batooq

who the heck asked you to 'tolerate' a PAKISTANI like me.
Oye Paki Bastard.
Batooq, Twaada email address aur house address ki hai ?