eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 17th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Dev movie review

lotsa pre-release hype abt. this movie...starring amitabh bachan, chameli and fardeen khan..i think itz abt communal riots....anyone had a chance to see this flick....

my friend his GF went for the movie and both of them have highly conflicting reviews...so before i invest green bills into this flick, i guess i will first wait for itz review from echarchans.....actually i dont commit my money into any bollywood flick unles iem convinced that itz a thorough entertainer

keep it coming guyz....even Girlfriend (USP-Lesbinism) got released last friday....seems like sab echarchans kaam mein bahut busy hai
Old June 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Now that you have outlined the story of teh movie.. how about posting both reviews from your friends... Atleast we can get some idea..
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
Watched it this weekend. It was a good effort but a complicated film.

The story was too complex, so I won't go into detail. Its about about a policeman Dev (Bachan) and his best friend Tej(om Puri). Dev's son was killed by muslim terrorist and though Dev is heart broken, he does not blame the entire Islam religion for it. However, Tej who was also very attached to the son, feels the exact opposite. Years later, Tej is promoted by the CM to handle the growing terrorism in the state. Given his feelings about the muslim community, he's basicly being used by the CM for his political interest. Tej & Dev ofcourse disagree about how to handle the growing communal problems in the state. These disagreements are handled very well in the film. The best scenes in the film are between Tej & Dev while they are arguing with each other as friends over drinks in the evening.

The Fardeen & Kareena angle adds to the story but it would take forever to type that up. I felt that the movie was good. Though it was very slow at times. The story was somewhat predictable at times.
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:48 AM
eCharchan

rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
I think 99% of the bollywood movie is same Masala just different cast and different location...thats all the money goes in hindi movies.
Old July 25th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

shahenshah will become famous soon enough
I hardly watch Hindi movies... the last movie I watched at a friend's place was Khakhee and now, at another acquaintances', Dev. In fact the movie had already begun when I started watching it and I thought it was Khakhee seeing AB as a police officer...but no, it was Dev.

It is a masala movie, with stereotypes etc...but I did find it quite forceful, esp. the individual performances.

That AB is an actor par excellence is beyond doubt. He is so masterful in every scene...and of course intense, searing scenes are his forte..be it Deewar or Muqaddar ka Sikandar or Kaala Patthar.

Om Puri is his usual brilliant self...as effortless as ever.

I did not mind Fardeen and Kareena ..they were tru to their scripts..and Fardeen acted with great control. Kareena looked quite radiant!! And the kiss scene was well done. I liked the intensity and the passion .

While the AB-OP exchanges are quite stereotypical at times, it is a welcome change focusing on some 'ideological' talk . Notice, many Hollywood movies focus on the lead character's face and expressions and on exchanges between actors. That is why we remember Robert de Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson etc. The dialogs between AB-OP were quite candid and raw at times...esp. the one about "collateral damage."

Certainly a watchable movie, if nothing for Bachchan [who easily ranks among the world's best, Brando, Burton et al] and the others who delivered well.

A World of Music

----------
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Initially it was a lil slow...caught up gradually....nice movie...very nice dialogues(u know one of those smartass comments they keep putting in movies) but its worth watching atleast once....but if u've seen it twice..ur CRAZY!
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

phew..finally a movie where Kareena did not disgust me these kindda roles suit her..

fardeen..mota ho gaya yeh banda nai? theek hai yaar uska acting..uskay baapuji jaisa stylish bhi nahin hai aur woh flair bhi nahi..

have seen many otha movies wit much mo powerful scripts where bachchan & om had lotta scope to display they histrionics..

ok movie..worth a dekko once..
Old September 6th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

DEV is a super duper chewtyapa.....I would recommend sparing yourself the agony of watching this extremely boring movie

However, I do recommend the movie, "DEEWAR" (new)....I think for the second time I actually liked Amitabh Bachchan as an actor due to his role and splendid acting in this movie...first time being in AKS.

Also, I liked Sanjay Dutt's acting in DEEWAR....and his quote, "Khan hoon, Allah ki shaan hoon"

But the guy who really stole the show with minimal words is the K K Menon who plays the cruel Paki jailor....I think his acting was the best

Last edited by dhurandhar; September 6th, 2004 at 07:51 PM.