eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 18th, 2017, 04:40 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Star Wars - The Last Jedi

A Placeholder thread for this. But dont worry. Booked to see it tomorrow. So the rumaal wont be there for long.
Bachcha log are very excited. It even gives me some bargaining point to make them do home work. Threaten to cancel the tickets.

One enthusiastic colleague took time off on Friday to watch this FDFS.

When the previous one 'Force Awakens' was released, my reactions were as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Welcome to the club. In EC, quite a few go against the grain.
i normally hate all the hit movies or the movies rated highly by the paid reviewers. Shakti Pai here is with you and gave star wars a miss.
Sena Lassi Pai also loves low rated movies and Sutradharji loves old Dharam paaji Amrapurkar movies.

But normally i see you give a default 3 stars to almost all the movies and you seem to love most of the movies you watch.
Quote:
Saw it with my bachcha log and the elder one (8) loved it. The younger one (5) was sleeping over it.
The effects are so 20th century, but it is still piggybacking on the characters and the theme which thrives some 40 years after the original.
I found it OK, though i would prefer more earthly movies. I havent seen the original trilogy, but figured out who the good and bad characters were.
And after the experience with age of ultron, i preferred watching the 2 D version of it.

Since then, i have caught up on the characters and figured out the themes. Also saw all the other star wars movies from the library.

So, all ready for this one.

Last edited by sgars; December 18th, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old December 19th, 2017, 05:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Nice...I highly doubt I will be able to catch this one on big screen. I hope its good! Have fun.
Old December 19th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A Placeholder thread for this. But dont worry. Booked to see it tomorrow. So the rumaal wont be there for long.
Bachcha log are very excited. It even gives me some bargaining point to make them do home work. Threaten to cancel the tickets.

One enthusiastic colleague took time off on Friday to watch this FDFS.

When the previous one 'Force Awakens' was released, my reactions were as below.

Since then, i have caught up on the characters and figured out the themes. Also saw all the other star wars movies from the library.

So, all ready for this one.
Saw this over the weekend. Don't want to spoil anything -- but I felt it was a lot different than typical Lucas style Star Wars. Good and well made nonetheless. I thought they should have killed off one particular character -- there was even a moment I thought this was done -- but the character miraculously survived. Can't understand what purpose this serves for future sequels.
Old December 19th, 2017, 02:03 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I havenít watched a minute of any star wars movie ever.. I donít think I missed anything
Old December 20th, 2017, 05:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I havenít watched a minute of any star wars movie ever.. I donít think I missed anything
you are totally missing something!
Old December 20th, 2017, 09:59 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I like to read science fiction not watch it.. Most of Clarke's books are in my head.. I'd hate to watch somebody's interpretation of it.
Old December 20th, 2017, 07:44 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

So, saw it yesterday. I was not expecting much from it. Only setting the stage for the next sequel. But the director probably thought that wont fly and packed quite a bit of action, drama and emotion in those 2.5 hours. Some twists were interesting and i liked the way the makers moved the plot towards the end. better than many others in the series including the previous one, 'force awakens'.

The bachcha log thoroughly enjoyed it. One was actually preparing for it by watching all youtube videos giving the context.

The firangs were also laughing at some scenes which i found only midly amusing.
Old December 20th, 2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
He has to watch all the other movies in the series before he can catch up on this one.

Quote:
I like to read science fiction not watch it.. Most of Clarke's books are in my head.. I'd hate to watch somebody's interpretation of it.
This one is fantasy like Bahubali. Hardly any science in it. In fact, from whatever little fluid mechanics i remember, the 'X wing fighters' shown in the movie would be an aeronautical disaster in real life. They look sleek though and bachcha log loved making models of them. The latest one almost touches mythology and supdeernatural stuff (could be natural in a galaxy far far away).

But many Americans have grown up with this fantasy story and love it. example when i went for the previous one, audience started clapping when harrison ford made his appearance as Hans Solo. I was still thinking then 'What is the point in having all these wierd creatures'.
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
But many Americans have grown up with this fantasy story and love it.
My dislike grew infinitely when during my university days in US, I was urged umpteen times to visit a free event to watch 8 hours of back to back star wars classic movies.

They do this chutiyaap every year in my office as well .. but like 4 hours of no work if you can tolerate this cult mania. In fact, all the meeting rooms on my floor are named after star wars stuff.. Alderaan, Tatooine, Naboo, Endor, Dagobah, Corelia, Hoth .. just to name a few. I have no frikkin idea what this stuff means.. nor I want to know.
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You are thoroughly Americanized.. or Canadianized.. same difference.
Old December 21st, 2017, 08:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
You are thoroughly Americanized.. or Canadianized.. same difference.
If you are upto date on books, I agree, a movie is going to spoil it for you.

I was into all this stuff back home too. Even the Marvel stuff, especially Spider Man. My dad used to subscribe for the books and my sister and I used to read and read each book several times.
Old December 26th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this movie last weekend. Way better than the previous one. But the force was too strong... especially after a movie-medium coke (which is actually humongous). The long movie made the force unbearable... and the movie will just not get over... even after getting over

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 27th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Saw this movie last weekend. Way better than the previous one. But the force was too strong... especially after a movie-medium coke (which is actually humongous). The long movie made the force unbearable... and the movie will just not get over... even after getting over
I wanted to watch The Force Awakens, but then felt that The Force Needed Five More Minutes.

Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this in Imax 3D and was totally like paisa vasool - I liked it..
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it with my son during the Christmas/new years break. Turns out he is a bigger Star Wars fan than I ever was!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.. Did anyone notice those 10 seconds of silence when Holdo hurtles her ship @ light speed towards the first order destroyer and lets the resistance fighters escape?

Seems some theatres were posting advisories that the silence was deliberate and was not an audio issue!