eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old October 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Cool DVD Review: Ironman - Not as good as Spiderman and Batman

Saw this movie on DVD. Hmm... I dont know why but I did not find it as engrossing like Spiderman or Batman. The special effects were superb, no doubt, but somehow I could not connect with the Ironman character. Robert Downey Jr has done a great job of playing Tony Stark who designs the Ironman outfit.

Spiderman was so much better. The latest Batman was also very good.

The ending was also abrupt. Maybe the sequel will be much better.
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future
Re: DVD Review: Ironman - Not as good as Spiderman and Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Saw this movie on DVD. Hmm... I dont know why but I did not find it as engrossing like Spiderman or Batman. The special effects were superb, no doubt, but somehow I could not connect with the Ironman character. Robert Downey Jr has done a great job of playing Tony Stark who designs the Ironman outfit.

you wud have liked it more if you watched it in theatres
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are the first person to say so, everyone that i knew liked the movie.

The best thing that i liked about the movie is its tight screenplay.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayaguzra#1 View Post
you wud have liked it more if you watched it in theatres

Naah... I am not at all in it for special effects. Today special effects for me are those effects which make something look very possible. I am not into effects which actually stand out.

As I said, the effects in the movie were awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
You are the first person to say so, everyone that i knew liked the movie.

The best thing that i liked about the movie is its tight screenplay.
Yes the story kept moving. Maybe Spiderman had much more than a single thread like Ironman. In Ironman, there is a bad guy who is selling weapons to bad guys. Ironman has to destroy this bad guy. Well, I would have enjoyed the comic book a lot, but still, I found the story very one dimensional. Spiderman and Batman had a lot more to each character. Ironman was nowhere near the latest Batman where the JOker was such a complex character and the story too was very well spun.

I did not say I hated the movie, but somehow it was like a very nice plain cake with no icing and I had expected a rich dark chocolate black forest kind of cake. Good cake nevertheless.
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Naah... I am not at all in it for special effects. Today special effects for me are those effects which make something look very possible. I am not into effects which actually stand out.

As I said, the effects in the movie were awesome.

Yes the story kept moving. Maybe Spiderman had much more than a single thread like Ironman. In Ironman, there is a bad guy who is selling weapons to bad guys. Ironman has to destroy this bad guy. Well, I would have enjoyed the comic book a lot, but still, I found the story very one dimensional. Spiderman and Batman had a lot more to each character. Ironman was nowhere near the latest Batman where the JOker was such a complex character and the story too was very well spun.

I did not say I hated the movie, but somehow it was like a very nice plain cake with no icing and I had expected a rich dark chocolate black forest kind of cake. Good cake nevertheless.
The best thing that this movie has that spidy does not have is the fact that with this movie you feel this can be done(technically may be impossible as of now) and the fact that you see in this movie is the super hero is another person like you(unlike an alien in superman or some one who is half animal as in spidy) with likes and dislikes(stripper pole in his plane and a playboyish life style).
Not that you have hated the movie, but everyone i knew gave this movie 4 1/2 out of 5. I was forced to see this movie in theater 2nd time that's when i felt the movie was a bit stretchy.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.