eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old May 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Barack Obama congratulates Narendra Modi on phone, invites him to US

Barack Obama congratulates Narendra Modi on phone, invites him to US

Quote:
WASHINGTON: President Obama on Friday telephoned Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi and invited him to visit Washington at a mutually agreeable time to further strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries.

The White House said the President called Modi to congratulate him on the Bharatiya Janata Party's success in India's historic election. The President noted he looks forward to working closely with Mr Modi to fulfill the extraordinary promise of the US-India strategic partnership, and they agreed to continue expanding and deepening the wide-ranging cooperation between our two democracies, a White House statement said.

Hours before the call, Washington made it clear that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is welcome in the United States. Even before the President's phone call, the Obama administration extended the most explicit invitation to India's prime minister-to-be on Friday, indicating that the visa flap that had dogged ties with him is a thing of the past.

Separately, senior State Department officials said the visa thing is now a non-issue, overruling overzealous spokespersons who doggedly stuck to the bureaucratic script in repeating ad nauseum that his visa will be considered on merit etc. Officials explained that as a head of government, Modi will merit a different treatment altogether.

"Everything will be alright," a senior official said on the sideline of a reception the Indian ambassador to Washington S.Jaishankar hosted at the conclusion of the elections and the announcement of the results.

Droves of India experts and administration officials dropped by at the luncheon where everyone, without exception, expressed astonishment at the staggering size and scope of the BJP victory. Representatives of U.S trade and industry, business and commerce were clearly beside themselves with delight at the clear mandate the Indian electorate had given to the BJP, saying it paved way for the incoming government to take swift decisions without being weighed down by coalition politics.

A representative of the Ford Motor Company, whose CEO will be in India early next month expressed admiration for the electorate saying the outcome was one that would be good for India and for foreign investment.

The White House spokesman Jay Carney also praised the outgoing prime minister Manmohan Singh for his contribution to India-U.S relations and said ties would continue to remain bright going forward.

Earlier, US Secretary of State John Kerry tweeted his congratulations to prime minister-designate Narendra Modi on his historic victory in the general elections.

"Congrats to @narendramodi and BJP. Look forward to working w/you/growing shared prosperity/security w/world's largest democracy," Kerry, who is travelling to London, said on the micro blogging site.

Kerry's remarks came after the White House National Security Council also took to Twitter to convey its greeting.

"US congratulates BJP on its victory in India's historic election; we look forward to working w/govt once formed to advance our partnership," the National Security (NSC) of the White House said in its tweet.

"After the largest democratic election in history, US congratulates the BJP for its victory and looks forward to working closely with new government," tweeted Ben Rhodes, the Deputy National Security Advisor and a close aide of President Barack Obama.

LINK

Last edited by echarcha; May 16th, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Barack Obama congratulates Narendra Modi on phone, invites him to US

2014 Elections have proved one thing,
A Gujju can do anything to get an US Visa..
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
2014 Elections have proved one thing,
A Gujju can do anything to get an US Visa..
Ab toh dost Americans Indian visa ke liye line laga kar interview dekar visa lenge with a rejection rate of 70%
Old January 25th, 2015, 09:49 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

All the desi news channels are on this visit.
i wanted to check on the American websites
CNN - On the front page. Top news. I scrolled a bit below and theats when it came to my notice that miss universe is also tonight.
New York Times - on the front page, but not the top news. There is also this piece tagged along with it.
Human Rights Groups Press Obama on India

Washington post - Not visible as soon as you open the screen. You scroll down a bit and you find this piece on Jasodhaben

Only if you scroll further you find a photo feature on the visit.

Now for some brit sites
BBC - a small mention in 'Other top stories' Greek elections and Egypt protests are more important.
Guardian - On the front page. more prominent than NYT or Washington Post.

Now, i remember during Kargil War, BBC was still trying to support Pakistan where as CNN reported facts, which were in India's favor.
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:33 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Cnn was saying something like Obama is dumb and wasting time over some parade in India and Taj Mahal. Instead of rallying the congress 2 days after state of union speech. Final comments were this is what a president does in the last time of a lame duck presidency, enjoy his perks before term is over.
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Caught it on 6 PM news PBS in my Rabbit Antenna TV by an anchor who looks like an ABCD.

Quote:
Cnn was saying something like Obama is dumb and wasting time over some parade in India and Taj Mahal. Instead of rallying the congress 2 days after state of union speech. Final comments were this is what a president does in the last time of a lame duck presidency, enjoy his perks before term is over.
There seem to be many pieces. On the front page, The Obama vist has since been replaced by North east Blizzard. And what i see now is a piece by a desi on Obama Modi ki Dosti

New Delhi (CNN)India and the United States, the two largest democracies, seem like natural allies. The kinship between their leaders, however, has been a bit of a surprise.
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:51 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Clogged noses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
All the desi news channels are on this visit.
i wanted to check on the American websites
CNN - On the front page. Top news. I scrolled a bit below and theats when it came to my notice that miss universe is also tonight.
New York Times - on the front page, but not the top news. There is also this piece tagged along with it.
Human Rights Groups Press Obama on India

Washington post - Not visible as soon as you open the screen. You scroll down a bit and you find this piece on Jasodhaben

Only if you scroll further you find a photo feature on the visit.

Now for some brit sites
BBC - a small mention in 'Other top stories' Greek elections and Egypt protests are more important.
Guardian - On the front page. more prominent than NYT or Washington Post.

Their media is reporting what is important locally to the locals. Fact, you went searching for validation speaks a ton of your own confusion. 60+ years of worshiping a clan and an unworthy dynasty does that to a people, you are not to be blamed. Look at the soggy face of Kaangresee Parnab during all the events. He couldn't believe it either, congrats, you are in a good company.

Some of us are proud of BJP and Prime Minister Modi jee's accomplishments in such a short span of time; and we need really not have to explain. Not that worshipers likes of you aren't sincerely eager or worthy; yeetaliyan glasses are keeping you in the dark. Remove glasses to soak in the sunlight. Get a towel, blow your nose and help RaniRaja with his nose, so you both can smell fresh scent of the roses.
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Few striking photos to look at,..
http://i.imgur.com/j4IFKou.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fEtaO6q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8ypXFbQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/S8UIYXL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6LVKOmo.jpg

Last edited by Jagmohan; January 25th, 2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 06:38 PM

Re: Clogged noses

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post
Their media is reporting what is important locally to the locals. Fact, you went searching for validation speaks a ton of your own confusion. 60+ years of worshiping a clan and an unworthy dynasty does that to a people, you are not to be blamed. Look at the soggy face of Kaangresee Parnab during all the events. He couldn't believe it either, congrats, you are in a good company.

Some of us are proud of BJP and Prime Minister Modi jee's accomplishments in such a short span of time; and we need really not have to explain. Not that worshipers likes of you aren't sincerely eager or worthy; yeetaliyan glasses are keeping you in the dark. Remove glasses to soak in the sunlight. Get a towel, blow your nose and help RaniRaja with his nose, so you both can smell fresh scent of the roses.
It is not validation. It is reciprocity of Media. All the Desi Channels are 24/7 on to it (except the gult channels!)
Now, to check whether chanels in US also report it or not. It was actually an important news item in PBS newshour the only show i watched.

It could be more the slavish attitude of NDTV. i could not even find Pranab Mukherjee's address in NDTV VOD (in Yupp TV not the website)
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:55 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It could be more the slavish attitude of NDTV. i could not even find Pranab Mukherjee's address in NDTV VOD (in Yupp TV not the website)
NDTV did you and us all a favor. I rather wash my last years' used condoms than watch that kaangressi 'wet-sponge' speak.

EDIT:

Thank you.
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है

Last edited by drsantabajuwala; January 25th, 2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 08:22 PM

Old January 25th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post
NDTV did you and us all a favor. I rather wash my last years' used condoms than watch that kaangressi 'wet-sponge' speak.

EDIT:

Thank you.
President does not belong to any party - I see Mukherji's enthusiasm at republic day parade.
I hope he is not like Pratibha Patil.
Old January 26th, 2015, 06:56 AM

Now this is what is called 'seeking validation'
Pakistan is our irreplaceable all weather friend: China
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
MSA is a relic from the Nehruvian era. However, what he says is true, that what it is. By the time a US prez 'gets a proper picture', he ends up being a lame duck like Clinbton in 2000.
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
MSA is a relic from the Nehruvian era. However, what he says is true, that what it is. By the time a US prez 'gets a proper picture', he ends up being a lame duck like Clinbton in 2000.
MSA even gets a mention in Puki debates. Have seen one discussion on Modi when Aiyar invited Modi to serve tea at Congress annual conference. The very pro-indian and very critical of Pakistan .. Hassan Nisar was saying he didn't expect such a statement from the intellectual Aiyar.