eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old April 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Question Politicians Raiding Education Funds to Give To Cricket Players!

CHAMPIONS OR BEGGARS?

POLITICIANS RAIDING EDUCATION FUNDS TO GIVE SOME MORE
TO ALREADY A MULTI-MILLIONAIRES!
HEY RAM! HEY RAM! HEY RAM!

Cant they refuse to accept? All of them earn hundreds of thousands a year in dollars. No sense of shame? No sense of morality? Cant they say NO? A country and people who claim Mahatma Gandhi a father ... how do you account for this kind of behavior?

Don't misunderstand ... I am as happy and proud of these players for what ever they won ... but if they are accepting money intended for education of children ... I wish they lost. Winning is just not worth the cost. Our children need education. Education is more important than some old geezers playing games. I have lost all respect for our team. They don't represent India. They play for money and fame. PERIOD!

copy/paste follows:

Raiding education funds for MS Dhoni's men

Divya A, TNN | Apr 10, 2011, 12.46am IST
Article
Comments (318)

NEW DELHI: Team India's World Cup is brimming over with state largesse. Delhi, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Punjab have been quick to reach into their pockets as netas announce they are gifting cash, plots of land to MS Dhoni's men. But, some taxpayers are asking where the money is coming from.

It is a good question considering the size and scale of the bequests, which have caused a nation bleeding blue just last week to turn green with envy. P Selvam, a 43-year-old businessman from Chennai, says, "It is audacious for state governments to be so generous with taxpayers' money. The DMK government has already eaten into the state coffers. But even when the model code of conduct is in force because of the elections, they did not shy away from announcing Rs 3 crore to the cricket team and Rs 1 crore to local lad R Ashwin. Who gave them the right to squander my money on these people without asking me?"

Selvam speaks for many. A 'Concerned Netizen' posts on a microblogging website: "Who has given the rights to an elected politician to give away state land or flats? Who's to pay for this — income taxpayers' obviously, not the politician."

TOI's investigation finds that much of the money is coming from the state education budget, at least in Punjab, Delhi and Maharashtra.

A Delhi finance ministry official explains: "There is some allocation in the annual education budget to give away cash rewards to outstanding sportspersons. So, it is that fund which we are using." But even he admits, "The awards announced by CM Sheila Dikshit will pose an additional burden to the state exchequer. This year's allocation for special prizes is just Rs 2.4 crore but Dikshit gave away Rs 6 crore."

The shortfall is expected to be made up by either the education budget or money that would have otherwise been spent on social welfare projects.

The "cash for cup" controversy has the potential to keep a lot of people very angry. A social networking group has already been set up and its name is significant: 'No to gifting of public funds 4 cricket World Cup winners'.

The aam admi says there's a simple solution: Honour the deserving with awards instead of hard cash. Yamini Khanna, an 18-year-old college student from Surat, says: "Let's honour them in the real sense. Let's give Sachin the Bharat Ratna. Why give them free railway tickets when we know our rich cricketers are never going to travel by trains? Let's give free passes to students and those who need it!"

Please proceed to this link for more of frank, fair and balanced news ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Politicians Raiding Education Funds to Give To Cricket Players!

Admin and moderators ... please feel free to edit or delete this thread. I just feel a bit disgusted and disappointed by greed of our politicians and now our heroes- so called champions.

Please do not hesitate to delete this thread or edit the heading.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Why do 'chewtiya public' need education? The kids are anyway going to bunk classes and watch the multiple forms of cricket anyway?
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM

Sutradarji ... aren't you disgusted and angry at what corruption is doing to our land?

Path we are on leads to Sodom and Gomorrah ... just a matter of time ... doesn't bother you?
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Champions? Woohoo... did we win the world cup or something? Amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone.
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

I like Modi Sahebji's decision to give only 1 lac to patel and munaf with eklavya award... Mmmmha

Last edited by marvelous; April 10th, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Admin and moderators ... please feel free to edit or delete this thread. I just feel a bit disgusted and disappointed by greed of our politicians and now our heroes- so called champions.

Please do not hesitate to delete this thread or edit the heading.
its either the cricketers get the money or the politicians. Or saying that cricketers got the money but actually politicians sharing them.
Sad news indeed, but we know where most of the money ends up anyways don't we?

By the way, how come cricketers are beggars? They are not asking for the money are they? We should be blaming the government instead of cricketers.

Last edited by sunnykode; April 10th, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Shuklabhramar5

shuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond reputeshuklabhramar5 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Politicians Raiding Education Funds to Give To Cricket Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
CHAMPIONS OR BEGGARS?

POLITICIANS RAIDING EDUCATION FUNDS TO GIVE SOME MORE
TO ALREADY A MULTI-MILLIONAIRES!
HEY RAM! HEY RAM! HEY RAM!

The aam admi says there's a simple solution: Honour the deserving with awards instead of hard cash.

Please proceed to this link for more of frank, fair and balanced news ...
Badri ji very nice good subject , nice thought ,
Honour the deserving with awards instead of hard cash.
let beggers not to beg but to shine our country build the culture , education, wat will they do with crores and crores which they are earning and sending to sb and sleeping keeping that under their pillow
who is going to moderate or delete this ???

Jai Hind Jai Bharat

Bhramar5
आँचल सर पर मेरे डाले
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Champions? Woohoo... did we win the world cup or something? Amazing!!
What good is championship if it deprives some poor children of education and welfare ... Charchillabhai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
I like Modi Sahebji's decision to give only 1 lac to patel and munaf with eklavya award... Mmmmha
Gujjus kanjus makhi choos ... I am surprised he gave even 1 lac. He must have given his own personal money cause Dikshit auntie gave 6 crores of people's money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
its either the cricketers get the money or the politicians. Or saying that cricketers got the money but actually politicians sharing them.
Sad news indeed, but we know where most of the money ends up anyways don't we?

By the way, how come cricketers are beggars? They are not asking for the money are they? We should be blaming the government instead of cricketers.
Heroes are never born. One single act makes them one. India has not one hero. There has not been and it has been decades. Here is an opportunity to these 12. All of them live in houses worth several crores. All of them earn millions a year. What is 1 crore to them. Stand up and declare ... we refuse to receive cash intended for education and welfare of poor and needy children. We will not because we are honorable men. We will not because we are champions and not beggars.

Sunnykodesji ... what does it take to be a hero? A simple gesture will give India 12 heroes. It takes a man. Are these 12 man enough?

Not all beggars harass you into giving alms and coins. Some just sit at a street corner with a begging bowl in front of them for people to drop whatever they wish to. You decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklabhramar5 View Post
Badri ji very nice good subject , nice thought ,
Honour the deserving with awards instead of hard cash.
let beggers not to beg but to shine our country build the culture , education, wat will they do with crores and crores which they are earning and sending to sb and sleeping keeping that under their pillow
who is going to moderate or delete this ???

Jai Hind Jai Bharat

Bhramar5
Shukla Sahib ... precisely my point.

Jai Hind!
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute

Wat da fack !!!

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone who reads the online news papers or just the newspapers in India are getting worked up about corruption and how our system is two steps away from failing and turning us into a failed state, blah blah.

I have seen first hand what is happening in India for the last two months. Nothing catastrophic is happening. India is doing fine and will do fine. Business is booming and people are making money and politicians too and cricketers as well.'

Foreign investment is still flowing in, Indian companies and MNCs are still working fine, business is going on in a positive way, despite corruption many infrastructure projects are underway, life just moves on.

So all of you who are having their underpants churn into a tight wad based on reading media shenanigans like Anna Hazare, et-al should relax. Remember India and Indians are not idiots to let the country become a failed state. Take it easy, read the newspaper with a huge ladle of salt and get back to your work
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Everyone who reads the online news papers or just the newspapers in India are getting worked up about corruption and how our system is two steps away from failing and turning us into a failed state, blah blah.

I have seen first hand what is happening in India for the last two months. Nothing catastrophic is happening. India is doing fine and will do fine. Business is booming and people are making money and politicians too and cricketers as well.'

Foreign investment is still flowing in, Indian companies and MNCs are still working fine, business is going on in a positive way, despite corruption many infrastructure projects are underway, life just moves on.

So all of you who are having their underpants churn into a tight wad based on reading media shenanigans like Anna Hazare, et-al should relax. Remember India and Indians are not idiots to let the country become a failed state. Take it easy, read the newspaper with a huge ladle of salt and get back to your work
correct. this country has learned to survive and move ahead with corruption. just yesterday, one infy senior exec made a comment that files get stuck when palms arent greased. but infy has still become infy after greasing requisite palms.

only the bolded part is not correct. those who matter, propably care two hoots whether or not this country becomes a failed state.
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Banned

Arbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Tanzania, otherwise a shithole in Africa, gets annually about 1.5 billion dollar as tourism revenue. India too is incredible for vacationers.

Agreed, nothing catastrophic is happening because people like hazare are keeping the conscience of the country alive.
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
correct. this country has learned to survive and move ahead with corruption. just yesterday, one infy senior exec made a comment that files get stuck when palms arent greased. but infy has still become infy after greasing requisite palms.

only the bolded part is not correct. those who matter, propably care two hoots whether or not this country becomes a failed state.
What I meant is that politicians, however corrupt, know very well that they have to let the country function properly to an extent otherwise we will break down as a failed state and the military has to take over. The politicos do not want that because only 'democracy' allows them to enjoy the seats of power and the wealth that comes with it.

So for a rupee officially spent by the government, at least 10 to 15 paise is really spent for the work to be done and thus keep India moving.

Do not underestimate the politicians of our country because they are the brightest bulbs when it comes to running a nation, making it appear that things are all well and ensuring that the 'system' continues for them and their future generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbaaz Balushi View Post
Tanzania, otherwise a shithole in Africa, gets annually about 1.5 billion dollar as tourism revenue. India too is incredible for vacationers.

Agreed, nothing catastrophic is happening because people like hazare are keeping the conscience of the country alive.
I was not in India for pure leisure but for business. I had to deal with certain degree of the 'system' and I realized that being an Indian gave me immense advantage over my colleagues from here. I knew how to get 'things done' and could write off certain things as 'petty cash', 'miscellaneous expenses' etc.

Basically, India is the most efficient system in the world. Really. Just that you should accept the fact that a machine needs oil to run smooth and then know how to go about oiling it. Once you oil this machine, its better than the best of systems in the developed world.

Simple example - In the US, if you need your home cable internet connection fixed you have to file a complaint, then wait for the allocated engineer to show up in a wide open window of time (say between 2 and 4PM) and then just wait. In India, how do you handle this? Simple, you call up the VSNL guys, and they are at your doorstep within the next hour. They fix everything for you within minutes. Also as an added bonus, they throw in extra bandwidth which will never show up in your billing For this excellent doorstep service, all you need to do is arrange some nice samosas and tea for the team and then give them a 'mithaai' sweets package See, you dont wait for anyone, you dont have to depend on anyone. You decide when you want service. You decide how quick you want things.

Last edited by echarcha; April 11th, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

all this is happening in mumbai? mumbai = India?