eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weekend dillemma - What to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Actually Sunnykode, when a women says that she likes so and so (in this case RP), she would have read the books or have gone deeper to understand the actual personality of the person.

In this movie RP is Edward Cullen. If you had read the Twilight Series you would have understood his characteristics. Everyone here is commenting/judging him by looks alone. If you had read the book/seen the movie and had understood it, you would have known that he was actually born in 1901, 20th June. So he is more than a 100 years old. Hence his style, language, demeanor etc still portray a guy who was born so long ago.

Its like expecting Jane Austin's creations to reflect Arnold Schwarzenegger.
That is even more confusing. After reading a book I can almost never appreciate the movie or actor as they would totally different than my perception.

Most of us hate the concept itself, this cross between vampire and highlander... I can see schoolgirls going gaga over movie and RP...but grown up people.... and on its merit and acting...this movie sucks...

Austen did not but Shelley did create Fankestein's monster...very close to governator._

Old September 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I dont know why but I have a mental block against watching outright copies of Hollywood movies I have watched. I saw a clip from Deewangi and felt Devgan although a good actor didn't come within a mile of Norton acting wise.

Norton is one brilliant actor... he does a great job in Primal fear and is no less brilliant in Fight Club.
I like Norton because physically he never looks the part... but when he comes on screen by sheer intensity he pulls off all those fight club and american history x roles... superb actor...
Devgan is good but am not sure we are comparing the right two... Devgan has his Zakhm and all... but Primal Fear Has Norton written all over it.

Old September 1st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually Sunnykode, when a women says that she likes so and so (in this case RP), she would have read the books or have gone deeper to understand the actual personality of the person.

Now how does that relate to a girl meeting a normal guy and decides to like him?

In this movie RP is Edward Cullen. If you had read the Twilight Series you would have understood his characteristics. Everyone here is commenting/judging him by looks alone. If you had read the book/seen the movie and had understood it, you would have known that he was actually born in 1901, 20th June. So he is more than a 100 years old. Hence his style, language, demeanor etc still portray a guy who was born so long ago.

Its like expecting Jane Austin's creations to reflect Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I did not read Twilight series at all, but sawa the movie in ff most of the times.
Let me come clean, I am the one who wants to see a proper horror/thriller movie when watching vampire/wolf movie. Twilight lacks them in all point of view. The fact that hero is some 100 yr old and trying to blend in (which is not apparent in the movie) and also how the girl's experience with meeting the guys family is so poorly shown. The movie could have been much better.
I will watch the next one also (ff mode), I love vampire vs wolf type movies
For the hero, I think he was in HP too. I liked his role there, he looked better in the role there.

Old September 1st, 2009, 11:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
For the hero, I think he was in HP too. I liked his role there, he looked better in the role there.
Yes its that Diggory guy in the HP and the Order of the Phoenix.
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby wanted me to see Dil Chahta hein...for the first time I'd seen this movie tonight and loved it. So....finally Akshay khanna falls for Aamir Khan's girl friend? (the one before Preeti Zinta)?
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:57 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hubby wanted me to see Dil Chahta hein...for the first time I'd seen this movie tonight and loved it. So....finally Akshay khanna falls for Aamir Khan's girl friend? (the one before Preeti Zinta)?
NOoooooo... he falls for Dimple Kapadia... didnt you see the whole movie?
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:32 PM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that the superhero movie is supposed to be funny. I may watch Kaminey on tv today (tata sky's airing it on showcase)
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707 View Post
I've heard that the superhero movie is supposed to be funny. I may watch Kaminey on tv today (tata sky's airing it on showcase)
they are airing it on TV already... wow... the DVD might not be out even... hmm
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they are airing it on TV already... wow... the DVD might not be out even... hmm
well its like pay per view...
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Clown Prince

Quote:
NOoooooo... he falls for Dimple Kapadia... didnt you see the whole movie?
Abe tu bhool raha hai..... last mein he falls for that 'aaaakaaaaaash' girl....

Old September 13th, 2009, 05:40 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

something bad happens to dimple in the movie?? suicide??
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old September 13th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
something bad happens to dimple in the movie?? suicide??
Liver sorosis.... maloom hai kyun.... daaru peene se liver kharab ho jaata hai.... main daaru nahn peeta... wo to bus dost ki shaadi mein sabne... chaar baatli... :hic:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by chitrala; September 13th, 2009 at 05:51 AM.
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Liver sorosis.... maloom hai kyun.... daaru peene se liver kharab ho jaata hai.... main daaru nahn peeta... wo to bus dost ki shaadi mein sabne... chaar baatli... :hic:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
ae saala tum to kamaal aadmi hai... tumko to sab maloom hai... tumhaara ek pappi lega apun... muuuah....
Old September 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ae saala tum to kamaal aadmi hai... tumko to sab maloom hai... tumhaara ek pappi lega apun... muuuah....
It is indeed bad that they abolished article 377

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
It is indeed bad that they abolished article 377
have you seen the movie? article 377 didnt exist then.