eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > International Politics

Notices

International Politics Hey aren't we all experts at world politics?

Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Obama can cook Keema, Dal; admires great Cricket players

I wish the President had desi room-mates instead ...

Quote:
Obama can cook Keema, Dal; admires great Cricket players
Agencies Posted online: Saturday , Jun 20, 2009 at 1344 hrs

Washington : US President Barack H Obama can cook 'Keema' and 'Dal'-- and cook well! He is a fan of Cricket-- but terrible with bats!

These little known secrets about Obama were revealed during his interview to Dawn television of Pakistan where he reflected upon his acquaintance with the South Asian culture.

"As you know, I had Pakistani roommates in college who were very close friends of mine. I went to visit them when I was still in college… was in Karachi and went to Hyderabad. Their mothers taught me to cook," Obama said.

When asked what he can cook, Obama said, "Keema and Dal and....You name it, I can cook it".

It doesn't stop at that, though.

The US President further revealed that he is an admirer of great cricket players, but doesn't know how to bat despite making several attempts.

"You know, I have to say that I have tried to get up to bat a couple of times, but I've been terrible," Obama said in response to a question.

"So I am an admirer of great cricket players, but make no claims in terms of my own skills," Obama said.

Obama said that he also has an affinity for great Urdu poets. "I have a great affinity for Pakistani culture and the great Urdu poets. My hope is that I'm going to have an opportunity at some point to visit Pakistan," he said.

One of the things that ties the two countries together, he said, is the "extraordinary Pakistani-American community that is here in the US who are thriving and doing great work as physicians and as lawyers and as business people".

He said that one of the great opportunities for the country is to be able to draw on all this talent to help provide concrete benefits to the Pakistani people. "That's one of the biggest challenges for Pakistan," he said.

"We want to be a partner in opening up trade opportunities, but making sure that people on the ground... are getting education, children are going to school, farmers are able to get a decent compensation for their products, electricity and infrastructure is built, because I know the Pakistani people and I know that if the tools are made available to them, then they will thrive and continue to be a great nation," Obama said.

LINK
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obama can cook Keema, Dal; admires great Cricket players

jai Obama...Jai Osama...Jai Islam... Eik fuddi keyy gandvey
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya View Post
jai Obama...Jai Osama...Jai Islam... Eik fuddi keyy gandvey
Nice avatar and signature

yuh saw his pic with lara during his last visit to west indies...

Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Why do we get so much excited on these small things. Manmohan Singh would also be knowing to cook Burger . USA is a great country but we do not have to feel excited if its President knows to cook Daal
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Why do we get so much excited on these small things. Manmohan Singh would also be knowing to cook Burger . USA is a great country but we do not have to feel excited if its President knows to cook Daal
Why should Indians be excited,Obama knows to cook only Pakistani Daal ,he is not interested in Indian foods
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:24 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Obama recently killed a fly which sat on his hand during an interview... he then asked the cameraman to get a close-up shot of the bug... now PETA is after Obama's life for this act... it seems they should use those insect catching machines which dont kill the bugs so that they can be released outside...
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Nice avatar and signature

yuh saw his pic with lara during his last visit to west indies...
Thanks dude. Yeah I saw this pic , seems to be holding the bat in right way.
For some reason I believe Obama is 100% anti India.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Obama recently killed a fly which sat on his hand during an interview... he then asked the cameraman to get a close-up shot of the bug... now PETA is after Obama's life for this act... it seems they should use those insect catching machines which dont kill the bugs so that they can be released outside...
Cheetiya dramabaaz hai...closeup isski gaand ka karegi American public... A good orator musalman hai chewtiya
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:01 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Obama can cook Keema, Dal; admires great Cricket players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
I dont think Indians really care about this bull! Its our damn media that sensationalizes everything! TOI Headline: 'Obama shits the Indian way by squatting!'

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.