eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 14th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from entering the US. Is he racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
Sorry For delayed response. I was a bit busy and avoided lengthy posts.

There are problems in almost everywhere in world, Including Malaysia, Indonesia But it's within acceptable limit. USA agencies actually magnifies problems thousand times. You think there is general chaos in every Muslim country, Which is incorrect. Let me discuss some of them

Afghanistan- USSR invaded Afghan, When they invaded, Afghan was far westernized than India of that time. You could easily spot women more revealingly dressed than India of that time. Afghan conflict created mass refugee problem, who settled on Afghan- Pak border, CIA created radical philosophy to be fed to these refugees (Same philosophy which has nothing to with Islam and still haunting the world), they recruited, provided training/weapons/support to those militants, They cheered them, hailed them as heroes (NATO countries, If you can get your hands on newspapers of 70s and 80s, You could easily spot western newspapers hailing them as heroes) and when the drove USSR out of Afghan, they handed entire country to militants. It wasn't until Osama took twin towers down, they tried to eliminate Taliban, They were trying to clear the mess created by them in first place (destroying an entire country in process) and been unsuccessful in doing so. They actually shifted center of extremists nearer to India, In Pakistan.

Iraq- This one was entirely unnecessary and was motivated by rivalry between Bush sn. and Saddam (who was a close ally of India). Saddam was a dictator and his hands were stained with blood, But almost every other country's rulers hands are stained with blood. Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism and weapons of mass destruction and unnecessarily destroyed by Bush. Second mistake which they did was they replaced entire government machinery on pretext that they were working for Saddam. It was a dumb decision at best, people work to feed their families not for forwarding agenda of some dictator. What they supposed 400,000 trained soldiers (dismissed from Job because they got in Job when Saddam was in power) are going to do ? Sit at home and knit sweaters ? They provided reasons for creation of ISIL, even when this organization was in infant stage, they provided them with weapons/training to destabilize Syrian government. Their policies were so damn confused that same people who they were fighting in Iraq would become their ally if they cross border and enter Syria. Again an epic mess of biblical proportions. Who is responsible ? Saddam, who was sitting at home and keeping his country from radicalization ? 400,000 soldiers, who were dismissed on context of being in army during Saddam's reign ?

Now coming to terror attacks, I am a humanitarian and I can't support unjust killing of anyone, So even if France government was waging war against Syria, Killing on innocent civilians is against principals of Islam. France is a liberal country But they are wrong on some fronts, Preventing people from living life according to their religion i.e. Ban on turban, veil and second and more offending problem is that they entertain satyriasis of lowest form in name of freedom of expression. Take Charlie Hebdo case, They created such cartoons which you can't watch with your family, If someone creates that kind of cartoons of any of our parents we would probably kill that person and they went on to degree of making those kind of cartoons of most revered person in human history ? Even after that people approached government, court and even lowlifes of Charlie Hebdo and requested them to stop doing that, from everywhere they got no result. So there was no other option left, It wasn't an act of terror but direct consequence of direct action of group of lowlife people, who despite several request were adamant on hurting sentiments of 2 Billion people. Two poor Policeman who had nothing to do with it, died in it. Their blood is on hands of everyone, people who carried out the attack, people who made those cartoons, government/courts who refused to stop them.

ISIS is a thread, But everyone who wants to eliminate it has hidden agenda. They are not doing it for benefit of world but their shallow agenda. I am not sure how much more mess they will create in that process. So I don't support them blindly.

Democracy is one of the better things, It isn't best. Best would be Best people leading (like you know who, Me )

I've read this bullshit argument several times, and every time I read it I feel like barfing. Look how conveniently the Islamophiles pass the blame for all the wrongdoings of Islamic shitheads on western society, while glossing over their heinous behavior. It is disgusting.

Where is personal responsibility? When USSR invaded Afghanistan, the US came to their rescue. US provided military support and training. It put together an army of ragtag warriors and helped them get back their country. The fuckin' Afghanis should be grateful to the US!

How come the rest of the Islamic nations didn't help resurrect Afghanistan's erstwhile glory? How come none of the so-called great scientific minds of Islam didn't bring up the economy? Why do Islamic countries need a ruthless dictator to keep you people in check? In a political vacuum, why does senseless killing and suppression of women and minorities prevail? I am increasingly getting convinced that Islamic people may be peaceful, but Islam is evil.

We need to commend the peaceful Islamic people, because they are able to remain peaceful despite their religion.

Old December 14th, 2015, 09:42 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Afghan was far westernized than India of that time. You could easily spot women more revealingly dressed than India of that time.
that westernization was only in kabul and one or two more cities . the vast majority of the population lived in the darkness of medievalism . most afghan women in rural areas ( and most afghans were rural , only small percentage of them lived in cities ) had to wear head to toe hijab and cover even their faces .
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
that westernization was only in kabul and one or two more cities . the vast majority of the population lived in the darkness of medievalism . most afghan women in rural areas ( and most afghans were rural , only small percentage of them lived in cities ) had to wear head to toe hijab and cover even their faces .
So was the scene of Rural India doc, infact not that back also.
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I've read this bullshit argument several times, and every time I read it I feel like barfing. Look how conveniently the Islamophiles pass the blame for all the wrongdoings of Islamic shitheads on western society, while glossing over their heinous behavior. It is disgusting.

Where is personal responsibility? When USSR invaded Afghanistan, the US came to their rescue. US provided military support and training. It put together an army of ragtag warriors and helped them get back their country. The fuckin' Afghanis should be grateful to the US!

How come the rest of the Islamic nations didn't help resurrect Afghanistan's erstwhile glory? How come none of the so-called great scientific minds of Islam didn't bring up the economy? Why do Islamic countries need a ruthless dictator to keep you people in check? In a political vacuum, why does senseless killing and suppression of women and minorities prevail? I am increasingly getting convinced that Islamic people may be peaceful, but Islam is evil.

We need to commend the peaceful Islamic people, because they are able to remain peaceful despite their religion.
CIA created manuals for radical Islam and preached it, camps they created were also used to train Kashmir terrorists.

You might need to read it few more times, before you grasp the truth.
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:24 PM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Afghanistan was "westernized" and/or any Indonesia/Turkey are "modern" are useless arguments. As per ROP, women should remain covered. As per ROP, idol worship is biggest sin. If they were/are 'westernized' or 'modern', they are deviating from fundamentals of ROP which is nothing to be proud of for peaceful.
Old December 14th, 2015, 11:54 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So was the scene of Rural India doc, infact not that back also.
Yes , but you cannot say that Afghanistan was more westernized than India at that time. At the most it was same . Don't make exaggerated statements.
Old December 15th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Afghanistan was "westernized" and/or any Indonesia/Turkey are "modern" are useless arguments. As per ROP, women should remain covered. As per ROP, idol worship is biggest sin. If they were/are 'westernized' or 'modern', they are deviating from fundamentals of ROP which is nothing to be proud of for peaceful.
They aren't even arguments, They are just some information, So you can understand Muslim countries are not as similar as you think.

Yes You are right Islam make it compulsory for Men and women to dress properly, It's just not compulsory for men to cover the face, rest is same for men and women.

Yup polytheism is only sin toward Lord, which won't be forgiven, But I already discussed it in examination hall equivalence.
Old December 15th, 2015, 08:18 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They aren't even arguments, They are just some information, So you can understand Muslim countries are not as similar as you think.

Yes You are right Islam make it compulsory for Men and women to dress properly, It's just not compulsory for men to cover the face, rest is same for men and women.

Yup polytheism is only sin toward Lord, which won't be forgiven, But I already discussed it in examination hall equivalence.
Aur kuch nahi bacha to "information" pe aa gaye. Uske liye wikipedia hai.
May be your original stand that "X was responsible for Y" was information too. May be "polytheism is only sin towards lord" is information too. Thanks for sharing such highly intellectual & classified "information".
Examination hall ka response bhi padh lete to achcha hota.
ADD: And yes, all non-ROPic societies encourage public nudity

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; December 15th, 2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old December 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post

For some reason... well, you know exactly the reason... but this post reminded me of the numerous scenes in hindi movies where the hero has to do everything (rescuing people, that is) or else he will be blamed. There was this one particular movie where the hero (Dharmendra) is fighting a gang of villains. His mom and dad and girlfriend are tied up in a room (one wall open) and the 2 side-walls have spikes on them and they are closing in.

So, the hero is busy fighting numerous people and at the same time trying to untie and rescue the 3 people. He frees up his mom and dad and then becomes busy with another nasty bout with the main villain. The walls are real close and the heroine is bound to be crushed and poked. The hero's mom and dad (Iftekhar) look at the girl... then look at the hero... then look at the girl... then look at the hero... and the wall eats up her duphatta... and they look at the girl... and they look at the hero... and I go, what tf

Saw something similar in one of the newer movies (Singh is Bling). The heroine's dad is the don of mafia. One of the main villain's goon is pointing a gun to his head and Mr. Singh is fighting 100 other goons. It is another point that the heroine is an expert karate champion and can single-handedly bash up 200 goons and she does not lend a single finger in this fight. Mr. Singh has to do it all alone and he manages it and also manages to knock the gun pointed at the head. The gun is on the ground. Dad is standing right next to it and Mr. Singh now is fighting the main villain. Dad, mind you, the don of international mafia, is standing there. Just standing there. The villain falls to the ground... right next to the gun... picks it coolly and shoots Mr. Singh. Not a whimper from the Dad. And I go... what tf

And here I thought this happens only in Hindi movies. Now, Kaalsiaan pai, you and Dovakharan pai have proved that this happens in real-life too. Especially the examples given by Dovakhanna pai... seems like a big thing in peaceful countries. Just stand and watch your country getting smashed to the ground... and you just blame the hero for it

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 15th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
For some reason... well, you know exactly the reason... but this post reminded me of the numerous scenes in hindi movies where the hero has to do everything (rescuing people, that is) or else he will be blamed. There was this one particular movie where the hero (Dharmendra) is fighting a gang of villains. His mom and dad and girlfriend are tied up in a room (one wall open) and the 2 side-walls have spikes on them and they are closing in.

So, the hero is busy fighting numerous people and at the same time trying to untie and rescue the 3 people. He frees up his mom and dad and then becomes busy with another nasty bout with the main villain. The walls are real close and the heroine is bound to be crushed and poked. The hero's mom and dad (Iftekhar) look at the girl... then look at the hero... then look at the girl... then look at the hero... and the wall eats up her duphatta... and they look at the girl... and they look at the hero... and I go, what tf

Saw something similar in one of the newer movies (Singh is Bling). The heroine's dad is the don of mafia. One of the main villain's goon is pointing a gun to his head and Mr. Singh is fighting 100 other goons. It is another point that the heroine is an expert karate champion and can single-handedly bash up 200 goons and she does not lend a single finger in this fight. Mr. Singh has to do it all alone and he manages it and also manages to knock the gun pointed at the head. The gun is on the ground. Dad is standing right next to it and Mr. Singh now is fighting the main villain. Dad, mind you, the don of international mafia, is standing there. Just standing there. The villain falls to the ground... right next to the gun... picks it coolly and shoots Mr. Singh. Not a whimper from the Dad. And I go... what tf

And here I thought this happens only in Hindi movies. Now, Kaalsiaan pai, you and Dovakharan pai have proved that this happens in real-life too. Especially the examples given by Dovakhanna pai... seems like a big thing in peaceful countries. Just stand and watch your country getting smashed to the ground... and you just blame the hero for it
This is not the first time I've read Dova's arguments. Even the Libertarian party in the US touts the same logic to justify why US should not be the world police. My question is - if not US, who then?

Let me bust the biggest myth they are trying to promote: US DID NOT CREATE RADICAL ISLAM. Radical Islam existed well before USA was even born. The US may have provided them with arms, training and military support - but radicalism was not a western creation. Islam needs to own that problem. The reason US trained radicals was because they were the only ones willing to fight. The pussy-assed peaceful muslims certainly weren't going to take on USSR.

For the muslims, its the same fuckin' excuse .. over and over again. US did this, US did that! If US toppled a dictator in Iraq, US is the problem. If US supports an evil Syrian dictator, US is the problem. If US supports rebels fighting against an evil dictator, US is the problem. If tried to rebuild Iraq, US is the problem. If US pulls out of Iraq, US is the problem. They will give any excuse to justify their heinous behavior. It is lame and overdone.

Old December 16th, 2015, 07:25 AM
In search of peace!

I wonder why usa/west/kafirs weren't able to create radical Hinduism or Judaism or Buddhism or Zoroastrianism or Sikhism? Oh wait, I forgot, ROP is their specific target. In fact, its ROP versus all of them. Height of self-obsession
Old January 20th, 2016, 05:21 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Heard this nugget from Trevor Noah on his daily show.. I love it.

Supporting Trump is like masturbation, you know its a sin but it feels so good.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 10:42 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post

masturbation is not sin . most youngsters do it regularly .

nor is supporting trump sinful
Old January 22nd, 2016, 11:38 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
masturbation is not sin . most youngsters do it regularly .

nor is supporting trump sinful
religious texts term masturbation as a sin.. Trevor Noah was ridiculing the thinking of the people who support Trump. More often than not they tend to be super religious, people who go to church regularly, living in small towns and country side.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 08:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post

Devil is not an individual entity but a voice inside our head, telling us to do things which we know are wrong, we build immature ego defense to support those wrongs. Silly human tendencies.