eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 18th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Kangana Ranaut

A few months back I would have said Kangana who But you guys recommended Tanu Weds Manu... and though it wasn't at all a funny movie like you guys were discussing... this lady stood out. And because of the name of this lady, I say Revolver Rani and was completely enthralled. Now I want to watch all or as many of her movies as I can

Of the three movies I have seen, I would rate them in this order,

1. Revolver Rani - A fantastic desi-style tribute to Quentin
2. Queen - A very good bio of a shy innocent girl coming out
3. Tanu Weds Manu - Not as much fun but definitely a unique role by her

If you have more movies of her, please list them here. If I have already watched it, I will include it into the list above at the right order. If not, I will try my best to give it a shot.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 18th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kangana Ranaut

The first student of Mahesh Bhstt with talent.
Ashdoc can help you with her movies,last I heard was Asdoc meeting Kangana every Sunday so you can get her pics also from him
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:06 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ashdoc's movie review---Tanu weds manu returns

The movie rests fairly and squarely of Kangana Ranaut's power packed performance....while in one avtar ( that of an england returned mod babe who has the chutzpah to divorce her husband on the flimsiest of reasons ) she displays a bold personality who wears temperature raising backless blouses and openly flirts with young men , in the other avtar ( that of a earthy girl from haryana who speaks in a rural accent and has come to delhi to train as an athlete ) she plays an outspoken and gutsy and good hearted person who has the guts to defy her backward family to fall in love....

....And you can only say that may the best of the two kangana's win the race for the best acting performance---for it is difficult to choose between the two , though the heart beats for the rural kangana who displays a bravery and a large heartedness that wins your heart....and she wins the heart of the hero ( madhavan ) too at least for a while....

Madhavan has been divorced from Tanu ( the england returned kangana ) and comes to delhi only to fall in love with this haryanvi girl ( datto ) who looks largely the same---except for the cut hair and the buck toothed appearance....
And wedding bells are about to ring for the two , for datto has the courage to fight with her family and villagers to win her love....and has the ability to triumph over their opposition....

And all this while what has tanu ( the england returned kangana ) been doing ?? well , she has been painting the town red with available guys including her old flames....
But who is going to tell tanu that divorce over trivial reasons is not done , and ultimately she must go back to her husband for she has not really gotten over him and in fact never will....and who is going to tell madhavan that his love for datto is nothing but his longing for his wife , for why has he chosen a girl who looks the same....who ??

In the midst of this , the other guys tanu has been flirting ( played by jimmy shergill and Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub ) with have got themselves into a heart losing situation with a tanu that they do not deserve , and datto has got her self into a heart breaking situation over a manu ( madhavan ) whom she will not get....
And such is kangana's acting that your heart goes out to datto....and if you are a guy ( like i am ) you want someone like datto to be in your life---someone who stands upto her ideals , and has the daring to fight the whole world for her lover....

I wish the movie was about only this , and it would have been a fine movie indeed....but the director crams a lot of corny situations and corny characters ( played by swara bhaskar and deepak dobriyal and eijaz khan ) and stupid incidents into the movie....and a lot of time is wasted in this nonsense....
Some parts of the movie are like a farce , and I am not a fan of farcical situations....

To me the best parts of the movie were when datto was around for they were memorably emotional , and I especially liked the ' old school girl ' english song that she sings in a haryanvi accent---been listening to it again and again and can't seem to let it go...

Rest of the movie does not match up , but it can still be watched for kangana as datto , or even as tanu....

Music is decent , and acting is the strong point of the movie---for it is good by everyone....
No great locations are filmed , and photography is only so so....does not seem like a big budget movie....

Okay for watching once....

Verdict---Decent .
Three stars .

Last edited by ashdoc; September 18th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:13 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

i liked this song from TWMR

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to watch this movie, TWMR, but the print on Einthusan keeps getting stuck... right at the beginning. Very jittery. Tried it few times... different days. So have been waiting. Maybe there is one on youtube that is better.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 19th, 2015, 05:12 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Tanu Manu movie had some good vernacular dialogues, and a few funny scenes but story falters for me with the guy wagging his tongue for a shrew that doesn't give him ghaas. Story is a bit like taming of the shrew by Shakespeare. Anyway not a bad movie around .. You heard it .. SHAADI. Thats all Indian life is about acc to Bollywood.

Couldn't bring myself to watching a repeat of the same in Returns movie.. Didn't hear exciting reviews.
Old September 19th, 2015, 05:38 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Tanu Manu movie had some good vernacular dialogues, and a few funny scenes but story falters for me with the guy wagging his tongue for a shrew that doesn't give him ghaas. Story is a bit like taming of the shrew by Shakespeare. Anyway not a bad movie around .. You heard it .. SHAADI. Thats all Indian life is about acc to Bollywood.

Couldn't bring myself to watching a repeat of the same in Returns movie.. Didn't hear exciting reviews.
That's the closest to my take. However can't believe it was inspired by Shakespeare. Saw the TM on a flight and stopped after some time. WTF. Decent guy being rejected by a slut and he goes on to pursue her.

TM2 sounds even more ridiculous. Why would he want to marry a replica of the bitch who he just left.

If You make a series reversing Kangna and Madhavan's roles, all the critics will slam that as Chauvinist.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:11 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised that nobody brought up this whole Kangana Hritik saga what with now oddball characters joining in like Adhyayan Suman and whatnots.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:39 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707 View Post
Surprised that nobody brought up this whole Kangana Hritik saga what with now oddball characters joining in like Adhyayan Suman and whatnots.
It requires too much work to follow that story and there are too many versions of the story.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707 View Post
So who is hallucinating - Hrithik or Kangana?
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:11 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
So who is hallucinating - Hrithik or Kangana?
my guess is--kangana . so is the guess of a lot of people around me .
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:16 PM

I heard some black magic in this story. Who can provide a summary in layman terms.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:35 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how Adhyayan Suman would feel being called Oddball. He is the Son of Shekhar Suman.
Old May 4th, 2016, 07:27 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

What has he done that's so notable in the field of cinema for him to be so famous other than being Shekhar Suman's son or Kangana's ex boyfriend? To me he is oddball at best.
Old May 4th, 2016, 07:28 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I heard some black magic in this story. Who can provide a summary in layman terms.
Apparently Kangana did black magic on Adhyayan and ruined his (non existent) career. And life. That's what he claims.