eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 5th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Baby its Cold out there...

This song (mostly played around Christmas time) has been pulled out by all radio stations here as of now. I just started laughing when I read the news....they say its demeaning to women. Out of all the other songs, they had to pull this one out? I think the decision was an overreaction. She obviously wants to stay...Thoughts?

A no is a no?? what say?

Below is the lyrics.

I really can't stay (Baby it's cold outside)
I gotta go away (Baby it's cold outside)
This evening has been (Been hoping that you'd dropped in)
So very nice (I'll hold your hands they're just like ice)
My mother will start to worry (Beautiful what's your hurry?)
My father will be pacing the floor (Listen to the fireplace roar)
So really I'd better scurry (Beautiful please don't hurry)
Well maybe just a half a drink more (I'll put some records on while I pour)
The neighbors might think (Baby it's bad out there)
Say what's in this drink? (No cabs to be had out there)
I wish I knew how (Your eyes are like starlight now)
To break this spell (I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell) (Why thank you)
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Mind if move in closer?)
At least I'm gonna say that I tried (What's the sense of hurtin' my pride?)
I really can't stay (Baby don't hold out)
Baby it's cold outside
Ah, you're very pushy you know?
I like to think of it as opportunistic
I simply must go (Baby it's cold outside)
The answer is no (But baby it's cold outside)
The welcome has been (How lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm (Look out the window at that storm)
My sister will be suspicious (Gosh your lips look delicious!)
My brother will be there at the door (Waves upon a tropical shore)
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious (Gosh your lips are delicious!)
Well maybe just a cigarette more (Never such a blizzard before) (And I don't even smoke)
I've got to get home (Baby you'll freeze out there)
Say lend me a coat? (It's up to your knees out there!)
You've really been grand, (I feel when I touch your hand)
But don't you see? (How can you do this thing to me?)
There's bound to be talk tomorrow (Think of my life long sorrow!)
At least there will be plenty implied (If you caught pneumonia and died!)
I really can't stay (Get over that old out)
Baby it's cold
Baby it's cold outside
Okay fine, just another drink then
That took a lot of convincing!
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Baby its Cold out there...

Liberalism is a mental disorder .. .and this incident is a perfect proof of that.
Old December 6th, 2018, 03:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
This song (mostly played around Christmas time) has been pulled out by all radio stations here as of now. I just started laughing when I read the news....they say its demeaning to women. Out of all the other songs, they had to pull this one out? I think the decision was an overreaction. She obviously wants to stay...Thoughts?

A no is a no?? what say?
I don't know what incident is this... I will find out after I post this, but reaction from just reading your post....
over-reaction or not... as someone who would like things clear, I dont understand why someone (man or woman) would say yes when they mean no or no when they mean yes.... what's the frigging point?

37 lines in that lyrics out of which
cant stay - three times
gotta go/must go - two times
tripple no (as in 'no, no, no') - once
answer is no - once

to me it seems abundantly clear the answer is no, yet why would someone think she wants to stay

Isn't a no, really a no?
Old December 6th, 2018, 03:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Written by Frank Loesser in 1944, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" featured in the 1949 film Neptune's Daughter, winning the Oscar for best original song.

quote from someone -
"A feminist defense of the lyrics points out that when they were written a woman with a reputation had to protest a man's advances, even if she actually welcomed them, and the song's figurative woman is actually expressing her sexuality in a veiled era-appropriate way."

"when the song was written in 1944, it was a different time, but now while reading it, it seems very manipulative and wrong"

I wonder if they had not actually declared that they are removing this song from their rotation, would anybody actually have noticed/made so much noise about it?
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Liberalism is a mental disorder .. .and this incident is a perfect proof of that.
I agree completely...social liberalism has spiraled out of control. Media outlets will not stop covering these chutiyas because it gives them their clicks and eyeballs -- but it is making everybody's lives miserable.
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

Can someone explain what is social liberalism to do with a radio station deciding not to play a particular song?

Wikipedia -
Social liberalism is a political ideology and a variety of liberalism that endorses a market economy and the expansion of civil and political rights while also believing that the legitimate role of the government includes addressing economic and social issues such as poverty, health care and education.
Old December 6th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
Can someone explain what is social liberalism to do with a radio station deciding not to play a particular song?

Wikipedia -
Social liberalism is a political ideology and a variety of liberalism that endorses a market economy and the expansion of civil and political rights while also believing that the legitimate role of the government includes addressing economic and social issues such as poverty, health care and education.
Liberal warriors or activists have got out of control and have now stepped into the realm of what people can or cannot say, wear, eat, sing....they will start viral campaigns against your business, radio station, celebrity status or whatever and force you to apologize and do dund-baithak in public. Its been happening a lot since the advent of social media and has had a global impact.

Last edited by Zorro; December 6th, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, how about 'Achcha tho hum chalte hai' and a myriad of other hindi songs They should all be taken off the air too

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same reaction when Kajol kept saying, "jaati hoon main" but SRK kept telling questioning her about what's the hurry and stuff. Poor gal was scared of herself. Fuck liberals.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old December 7th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

^^didn't understand your statement... you started out feeling like the liberals... and then you curse them by the end of the statement

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Not a big Kevin hart fan ... but the liberal social media has struck again. this is the world we live in.

Kevin Hart's history of homophobic tweets costs him Oscars hosting gig

I like his response

Quote:
I swear, man, our world is becoming beyond crazy. And Im not gonna let the craziness frustrate me or anger me, especially when Ive worked hard to get to the mental space that I am at now. My team calls me. Oh my god, Kevin. The world is upset by tweets you did years ago. My god. Guys Im almost 40 years old. If you dont believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I dont know what to tell you. If you wanna hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then Im the wrong guy, man. Im in a great place. A great, mature place, where all I do is spread positivity. If youre not doing that, youre not on my page.

The same energy that went into finding those old tweets could be the same energy put into finding the response to the questions that have been asked years after years after years, said Hart in the video. We feed into internet trolls, and we reward them. Im not gonna do it, man. Im gonna be me, and Im gonna stand my ground. Regardless, Academy, Im thankful and appreciative of the opportunity. If it goes away, no harm no foul.
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Fantastic response . This is what I was saying in that other thread too. People change... and you can see that by their responses everywhere else, by their general life. If they are still doing negative things that they had done a long time back... yeah, then the meto movement makes sense... but just against those kind of people. As people go from one step to another, the direction of motion needs to be considered.

Old December 8th, 2018, 07:47 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
I had the same reaction when Kajol kept saying, "jaati hoon main" but SRK kept telling questioning her about what's the hurry and stuff. Poor gal was scared of herself. Fuck liberals.
It sounds like a casteist song.. talking about jaati (caste) ..

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 8th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old December 8th, 2018, 12:41 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
That is tame , compared to Na Na Na Choo Na Na from Raju ban gaya gentleman.

Anyone remember that song still ?

I was barred from watching it when I was young.
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Next these liberal whackos will objec to (if not objected to already) nursery rhymes like Baba Black Sheep Have You Any Wool because to them its racist and hurts sentiments of black people. Well the word black is used to describe the sheep, so there you go!

And they might have problems that the rhyme Mary Had A Little Lamb will hurt sentiments of people who are LGBTQ or into Sex with Animals as Mary had a 'objectionable' relation with a lamb.

This excessive political correctness is stifling and fucking up everyone else who wants to have a normal life.

Every song, every poem can be deemed as hurtful to anyone if you keep looking for every small thing and interpret it according to your own warped up mentality.

And I can see this and have seen this for ages now in the Bay Area... Oh come to San Francisco and see for yourself.