eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old August 6th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seven problems with the new iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Why would I want to do that when I can ask someone. what a waste of time and battery.
excuses excuses you're just stuck with sprint or verizon. just admit it
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
as opposed to you who is free from the crap called AT&T - "less bars in more places while more bars up subscriber's ass!"

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Fuck both of them. AT&T baby.
Atleast GSM lets you use your own phone.
Got mine from India as a gift.

CDMA has better sound quality and reliability in coverage, no doubts about it. But the basterd's phones suck. Have very limited choices of phone models and won't let you use your own even if it is cdma capabale phone. Sareaam gundaagiri.
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
as opposed to you who is free from the crap called AT&T - "less bars in more places while more bars up subscriber's ass!"
ramesh tatz how far ATT's reception goes...even if your phone is stuck up your ass, you can get a signal...can your verizon/sprint do that?

Last edited by YedaAnna; August 6th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

by the way, was vbulletin updated? i dont see the arrows that let you go to the latest post on the home page
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
by the way, was vbulletin updated? i dont see the arrows that let you go to the latest post on the home page

No. So fuck your iPhone.
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
i dont see the arrows that let you go to the latest post on the home page
I can see the arrows fine. IE baby.
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Seven problems with the new iPhone

Quote:
ramesh tatz how far ATT's reception goes...even if your phone is stuck up your ass, you can get a signal...can your verizon/sprint do that?
bhai saab, my phone is sony erection w580i and AT&T is the provider! and believe me, i dont stick my phone up my ass!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

YedaAnna, but this:

Quote:

Apple's iPhone-App-Approval Mouse Falls Off Treadmill: Buy The $1000 App That Does Nothing (AAPL)

Dan Frommer | August 5, 2008 7:40 PM

Update: The app has been removed from Apple's store. More here.
While many of the apps in Apple's (AAPL) iPhone App Store are useful, some are utter crap. And the latest, spotted by John Gruber, is an insult to all the well-meaning developers that Apple made wait/are still waiting to get into the iPhone developer program.

"I Am Rich," a $999.99 app from Armin Heinrich, which just displays a red gem on the phone's screen -- nothing else.

"The red icon on your iPhone or iPod touch always reminds you (and others when you show it to them) that you were rich enough to afford this," the app's information page says in iTunes. "It's a work of art with no hidden function at all."
The upside for Apple: $300, or 30%, of all purchases. The downside: Good luck enforcing that "all sales final" policy on this scam.

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/8/a...-nothing-aapl-

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old August 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Before you buy a new iPhone or decide to upgrade to a 3G version, here is something to consider.
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Seven problems with the new iPhone

950$ + for a phone !!! ( Sony X1 costs) compared to 199$ 3g ??

http://www.google.com/products/catal...um=6&ct=result
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:06 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Seven problems with the new iPhone

Quote:
HA HA,

Thats why I love my Noki N-95 8gb.
Got all above listed features. Don't need memory slot since it has 8gb memory. Also got GPS (free). And 5mp camera with led flash.

Kyaa boltaa hai Colldude. Donchya like yours?
Yes Amtha Bhai, I am still using the N95 8GB along with the Blackberry 8830.

Lately loaded a bundle of softwares into the N95 8GB including Worldmate, Engineering Calculator, Office, Yahoo Go, Youtube & even Gmail. All work flawlessly & havenít slowed down the system too. The camera still rocks with its resolution & is handy to shoot anytime anywhere.

I still reckon the N95 8GB as a better buy than the iphone or even the HTC Diamond.

The forthcoming N96 is still juicier with 16 GB HD & expandable memory plus hordes of other features:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4797539

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/t...ines-high-end/

Folks planning for a Nokia can wait & grab this when it gets launched.
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
Yes Amtha Bhai, I am still using the N95 8GB along with the Blackberry 8830.

Lately loaded a bundle of softwares into the N95 8GB including Worldmate, Engineering Calculator, Office, Yahoo Go, Youtube & even Gmail. All work flawlessly & havenít slowed down the system too. The camera still rocks with its resolution & is handy to shoot anytime anywhere.

I still reckon the N95 8GB as a better buy than the iphone or even the HTC Diamond.

The forthcoming N96 is still juicier with 16 GB HD & expandable memory plus hordes of other features:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4797539

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/t...ines-high-end/

Folks planning for a Nokia can wait & grab this when it gets launched.

Can you give me links for these? I got Gmail and google maps. And I did installed the GPS of Nokia's own and use it too. Only problem I face is its got "Queen's english" since I got from India.
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Seven problems with the new iPhone

Quote:
Can you give me links for these? I got Gmail and google maps. And I did installed the GPS of Nokia's own and use it too. Only problem I face is its got "Queen's english" since I got from India.
Amtha Bhai, the Youtube & Gmail software are available on the google website(mobile). You have to download it on your handset.

Yahoo Go is available at the link below:

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go

As for the other softwares, I got them loaded from a local geek here (One package). You could download them from the links below or find a suitable source nearby:

http://www.softwaremarket.nokia.com/...id=254&lang=en

Old August 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
Amtha Bhai, the Youtube & Gmail software are available on the google website(mobile). You have to download it on your handset.

Got already,

Yahoo Go is available at the link below:

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go

Will check it out.

As for the other softwares, I got them loaded from a local geek here (One package). You could download them from the links below or find a suitable source nearby:

Will check these two too.

I use internet connection at hom since its wireless. I don't use internet/data pack at all. Don't want to pay them extra.