eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 9th, 2017, 06:32 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Sachin ; a billion dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post

. didn't stand up for Kapil when he was falsely accused of match fixing. Actually whole marathi cricket league is selfish and self centered.
So the whole thing is about north Indians vs marathis isn't it ?

Kapil was always against the Mumbai players ever since his rivalry with gavaskar . He himself destroyed the career of raju kulkarni---the fastest bowler India has ever produced, but a mumbaikar and marathi.

Why was tendulkar supposed to give support to kapil---a known baiter of mumbaikar maharashtrians ? Fact is that the Mumbai lobby has stood as a bulwark against the cherished dream of north Indians to dominate Indian cricket. So the north indian lobby hates Mumbai.

Here is tendulkar and kapil taking swipes at each other---

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.redif...y/20141106.htm

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.times...w/49590427.cms

Last edited by ashdoc; June 9th, 2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:42 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
So the whole thing is about north Indians vs marathis isn't it ?

Kapil was always against the Mumbai players ever since his rivalry with gavaskar . He himself destroyed the career of raju kulkarni---the fastest bowler India has ever produced, but a mumbaikar and marathi.

Why was tendulkar supposed to give support to kapil---a known baiter of mumbaikar maharashtrians ? Fact is that the Mumbai lobby has stood as a bulwark against the cherished dream of north Indians to dominate Indian cricket. So the north indian lobby hates Mumbai.

Here is tendulkar and kapil taking swipes at each other---

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.redif...y/20141106.htm

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.times...w/49590427.cms
I should have said Bombay marathi not marathi alone..

Kapil played and succeeded despite the Bombay cricket mafia.. who are nothing but sarkari babu type administrators.. they thought Indian cricket is our jageer and whoever don't play like we do is useless. Kumble, Dravid, Srinath and all were the first ones to break the jinx.

Just like Gavaskar's son, now Arjun Tendulkar will enter Indian team in few years.. already he is getting star treatment over a poor brilliant guy.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 9th, 2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:59 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bombay

Bombay
Earlier on this forum you used to call it Mumbai. Now Bombay.....the bitterness is really boiling over....

Forget it buddy. I come here for fun and timepass not to create bitterness. So I will quit posting on this thread.
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:09 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Earlier on this forum you used to call it Mumbai. Now Bombay.....the bitterness is really boiling over....

Forget it buddy. I come here for fun and timepass not to create bitterness. So I will quit posting on this thread.
That time it was Bombay.. not Mumbai. I'm not same as Bhidubhai .. he said Mumbai I did not.

Go to Raj T and complain..

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 9th, 2017 at 07:12 AM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:36 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
That time it was Bombay.. not Mumbai. I'm not same as Bhidubhai .. he said Mumbai I did not.

Go to Raj T and complain..
I am talking about earlier in other threads .I have seen you calling it Mumbai.

Anyway here is news that would be sweet music to your ears . And it's relatively recent

http://hotcricketnews.in/cricket-new...ner-for-india/
Old June 9th, 2017, 08:53 AM

^^ Sachin was a match winner too and single-handedly many times.. I've loved his great displays, I don't hate his batting.. but I'm not convinced he was greatest ever or God, and had many shortcomings. Of course he is top 5 batsman ever.

Gavaskar is right when he makes that comment, although Kapil himself could and should have achieved more in batting.
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...Anyway I am done with this argument. What can one say about a person who considers his own opinion important and makes trivial of Don bradman's remarks. So I am ending my posts on this thread.
Asldook pai, please do not stop... continue with your thoughts. Kutte tho bhonkthe rahenge. You are an elephant.

Quote:
Read my statement properly. I Said that the three can OUTMATCH Sachin if combined .
Oh... you did not stop. Good

Strange that a god is being criticized and bad-mouthed. Same as in real-life

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

I agree too that Kapil did extraordinary things to win 1983 wc which SRT never could in a WC. KApil inspired a ragtag team to beat the giants. An awesome achievement after singlehandedly digging India out of trouble against Zim. SRT had to depend on others to fulfill his biggest dream and that too when the team was playing at home, was not a minnow and had some of the best players.

1983 remains the biggest and most stunning achievement of Indian cricket. And a lot of that credit goes to Kapil. If the mahaul of those days was of today, then those achievements would have been considered bigger than anything any team has done or any individual has done to his team. But that does not diminish the batsmanship of Gavaskar. He did not contribute much in that WC but he was a giant in his own right. Similarly SRT is an amazing cricketer but he never did anything like Dravid Laxman partnership against Aus that turned the fortunes of Indian cricket in tests. Saying that doesn't mean he is a lesser batsman than them but that others did something that he never could.

And it is not about Marathi vs NI or MAdarasis. If that was the case why would anyone like SEhwag, Gavaskar, Dravid, Laxman, Gangs - all from different regions. It's just ones own opinion which others can disagree.
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:04 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
I agree too that Kapil did extraordinary things to win 1983 wc which SRT never could in a WC.
What is this BS ? tendulkar may not have been able to win a world cup final on his own but his record in world cups is absolutely superb.
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
What is this BS ? tendulkar may not have been able to win a world cup final on his own but his record in world cups is absolutely superb.
It is not BS. It is a fact. Did SRT win a WC or the team won it for him? Kapil did that with bits and pieces players like Binny, Madan, Yashpal, etc. He inspired the team that they can beat the mighty WI. Compare the matchups of minnow India and Mighty WI versus India of 2011 and a declining Aus. 1983 win was in foreign conditions to boot. By any standards that win was far more unbelievable and inspired by Kapil than 2011.

Yes SRT has piled up enough runs but that did not help us to win a WC until Dhoni and the young Turks came along. And those young Turks happened because cricket moved away from just metros and into smaller centres.

Sorry I will not have any more to add. Will have to leave it at that.
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:18 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
It is not BS. It is a fact. Did SRT win a WC or the team won it for him? Kapil did that with bits and pieces players like Binny, Madan, Yashpal, etc. He inspired the team that they can beat the mighty WI. Compare the matchups of minnow India and Mighty WI versus India of 2011 and a declining Aus. 1983 win was in foreign conditions to boot. By any standards that win was far more unbelievable and inspired by Kapil than 2011.

Yes SRT has piled up enough runs but that did not help us to win a WC until Dhoni and the young Turks came along. And those young Turks happened because cricket moved away from just metros and into smaller centres.

Sorry I will not have any more to add. Will have to leave it at that.
Tendulkar did well in several world cup matches. Like the 98 he scored to crush Pakistan in the 2003 world cup. You can't launch tirades against him just because he didn't do well in finals
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Tendulkar did well in several world cup matches. Like the 98 he scored to crush Pakistan in the 2003 world cup. You can't launch tirades against him just because he didn't do well in finals
I agree that he did a lot. I did not launch a tirade. I just don't think he is a God and others are too far from him. Most SRT fans think that nobody can touch his level which I don't agree. From time to time there have been far better performances than his best performance. Of course those better than his best performers may not have shined like him for long years or made billions for themselves and BCCI because of the reasons I have already mentioned.

I don't hate SRT but at the same time I don't demean others greatness or treat him as God. By not demeaning others I am not questioning his greatness. Aisa nahin hai ke who akela India ko sambhala which is a fav thing for SRT fans. Also I accept that he was the mainstay in 90s and it was magical to see him bat but that magic turned to commercial greed in 2ks and that's when I moved away from adoring him to just liking him.

Another thing that bothers me about him

1) he didn't care much for his childhood friend Kambli
2) he loved cricket so much but left it in the gutter hen it comes to match fixing. He knows what and how it happened. Should have opened up

Now on the above 2 things he might have shared info or done things that we are not privy to.

Last edited by Bhidubhai; June 9th, 2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:32 PM
senior echarchan

Even the victory in 2011 world cup is unimaginable without tendulkar and his contribution. Agreed he did not do well in finals but he batted well in league matches. If he hadn't india would not have reached the finals in the first place.

http://www.cricwaves.com/cricket/tou...ayerStats.html

Look at tendulkar's batting statistics in 2011 world cup. 120 against England, 111 against South Africa, 53 against Australia and 85 against Pakistan. What more do you want?

Last edited by ashdoc; June 9th, 2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old June 10th, 2017, 12:29 AM
senior echarchan

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.s...3-south-africa

Look at tendulkar and his contribution in 2003 world cup. 673 runs and man of series award . We reached finals because of him . No other player in any team in that world cup was able to score so many runs .All this howling and barking against tendulkar and his world cup contributions is sheer BS!!

On the other hand Sehwag was largely out of form in the 2003 world cup except for the final when played an innings of 82 .

Last edited by ashdoc; June 10th, 2017 at 02:57 AM.
Old June 11th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.s...3-south-africa

Look at tendulkar and his contribution in 2003 world cup. 673 runs and man of series award . We reached finals because of him . No other player in any team in that world cup was able to score so many runs .All this howling and barking against tendulkar and his world cup contributions is sheer BS!!

On the other hand Sehwag was largely out of form in the 2003 world cup except for the final when played an innings of 82 .
Thats exactly what SRT fans do when someone points out his weakness.

Sehwag changed the tempo of Test cricket with his batting. All the other cricketers, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly etc. I am talking of from his era did something meaningful for Indian Test record barring SRT. SRT just accumulated his runs, centuries and crores after 2000.

In ODIs, he did not win a WC like Kapil did. Period. When we mention his scores we have to look at the match situation, how many balls he consumed to reach a milestone etc etc and if it hurt the team. Many a times such scores are meaningless if the team does not win. I do remember his Sharjah performances against Aus which were outstanding but that was in 90s and I have already conceded that he was a boss in that decade.

In 2011 WC final the most talked about thing is Dhoni's batting and his finishing six. But the most important contribution came from Gambhir which is almost never talked of. So there are stars and their contributions get magnified by their PR machinery for commercial reasons. SRT was commercially more viable in the team after 2000.