eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute
Mumbai airport's stunning Terminal 2

Quote:
Mumbai airport's stunning Terminal 2

Last updated on: March 22, 2013 10:29 IST

The swanky Terminal 2 at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai is all set to open in September this year.

With a vision of making the airport one of the best in the world, the Terminal 2, or T2 has been built with a state-of-the-art four-level terminal with an area of over 4,39,000 sq. mts.

The new terminal will have new taxiways and apron areas for aircraft parking designed to cater to 40 million passengers annually.

The Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd. (MIAL), a joint venture between the GVK led consortium (74%) and Airports Authority of India (26%), got the mandate to modernise and upgrade Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) in February 2006.

Photographs, courtesy: MIAL

More photos at Rediff: LINK
Old March 25th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mumbai airport's stunning Terminal 2

GVK did a great job renovating without disturbing the functioning of the CSI airport.

GVK,GMR...telgus are booming in infrastructure biz
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute

But how much safe is Mumbai Airport for the Aircrafts ?

Check this image. A stone is enough to bring this aircraft down..

Old March 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

you need a strong arm with a good aim to hit the propellor.but terrorists can just launch a grenade. btw the slums around the airport are majorly inhaibited by none other than bangladeshis.
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
A good indicator of a beautiful airport is not just the architecture, but whether the clean cool water is available for free, and that the toilets are clean and fresh smelling without having to tip the cleaners.

The only good thing I saw at Mumbai's airport (last year) was the availability of water fountains, but sometimes the paper cups were missing. Actually Mumbai's national airport (Santa Cruz) is much better and modernized than the international airport.

Ahmedabad's international airport smells like a railway station and toilets are not worthy of mention.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
A good indicator of a beautiful airport is not just the architecture, but whether the clean cool water is available for free, and that the toilets are clean and fresh smelling without having to tip the cleaners.

The only good thing I saw at Mumbai's airport (last year) was the availability of water fountains, but sometimes the paper cups were missing. Actually Mumbai's national airport (Santa Cruz) is much better and modernized than the international airport.

Ahmedabad's international airport smells like a railway station and toilets are not worthy of mention.
I think Delhi's new terminal 3 is one of the best indian airports.. well organized, clean toilets stocked with toilet papers & no phenyl smell, very good architectue.. so far in the last 3 years I have visited 5 times and except the staff everything was good.

Why should any foreigner come to India?
The immigration clerks are generally pissed off and shouting or missing from their stations.

Ground staff lets people break lines.. One Jap said to me after 3 mofos broke line despite me cursing them and complaining to the officials.. "The airport is so well designed like any in the world but people have no sense.. it will take a few years".

Why does the ground staff of Airlines grill you like they are Custom or Immigration officials? I am okay with it now since I know they will ask me 10 times.. same typical questions.. who packed my bags? whom were the bags with before coming to airport? Did I take any packed objects from anybody?
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I think Delhi's new terminal 3 is one of the best indian airports.. well organized, clean toilets stocked with toilet papers & no phenyl smell, very good architectue.. so far in the last 3 years I have visited 5 times and except the staff everything was good.

Why should any foreigner come to India?
The immigration clerks are generally pissed off and shouting or missing from their stations.

Ground staff lets people break lines.. One Jap said to me after 3 mofos broke line despite me cursing them and complaining to the officials.. "The airport is so well designed like any in the world but people have no sense.. it will take a few years".

Why does the ground staff of Airlines grill you like they are Custom or Immigration officials? I am okay with it now since I know they will ask me 10 times.. same typical questions.. who packed my bags? whom were the bags with before coming to airport? Did I take any packed objects from anybody?
that is just their routine checkup. They are trying to eliminate the danger of poor innocent people being trapped in drug racket. Otherwise they know it very well too if one's bag is full of drugs s/he is not gonna say "somebody I dont know packed my bags and they were left alone outside for couple of hours"

aur tu ab Japs chapton ki bhi sun ne laga woh bhi India ke against.

bol deta tokya was dirtier than this and people dont even know how to talk. specially in English.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

I am yet to use a civilian flight

God willing, will do it soon

jeetIAF
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
I am yet to use a civilian flight

God willing, will do it soon

jeetIAF

biyaah kar le ...honeymoon ke liye to fighter jet main nahi jayega I m sure.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
biyaah kar le ...honeymoon ke liye to fighter jet main nahi jayega I m sure.
Yaar mele waale jhule mein toh madamji ki waat lag jaati hai, Jet mein naa jaane kya hoga

jeetIAF
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post

It's scheduled to open this September. You should check it out then.

I don't know if it will be up to international standards, but, for sure, it will be an improvement over the typical airport run solely by the Airports Authority of India (with no pvt sector participation).
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Yaar mele waale jhule mein toh madamji ki waat lag jaati hai, Jet mein naa jaane kya hoga

jeetIAF
kya misaal di hai.. @ mele waala jhula.. yaad dila di bachpan ki.
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Six flags magic mountain ke slingshot main baith...bachpan kya pichhla janam bhi yaad aa jayega.
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Always on target

Quote:
Yaar jab woh neeche ki taraf aata thaa, tab pet mein titliyan udti thii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
Six flags magic mountain ke slingshot main baith...bachpan kya pichhla janam bhi yaad aa jayega.

jeetIAF