eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap: Angry Old Man Back with a Bang!!

Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap: Angry Old Man back with a Bang!!

Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap is loud but flamboyant

Self-promotion seems to have got a new medium, films. Whereas a Salman Khan is Wanted or Ready, the superstar of Hindi cinema is the Baap (call him buddah at your own peril)!

Before the credits role, director Puri Jagannadh thanks the Big B for inspiring an entire generation that grew up watching his movies, dedicating Bbuddah… to the man himself. We couldn’t agree less. Bbuddah is a Big B show all the way, loud, flamboyant, and effervescent with an energy that comes only from a man of his stature.

But did he really need this kind of a PR exercise to assert his supremacy? You decide.

Gangster-turned-pub owner in Paris, Viju (Bachchan) returns to Mumbai, we’re told, on a mission. The purpose of this mission becomes increasingly difficult to comprehend as a juicy twist at the interval nullifies this purpose.

The second half is built around this twist, picking up pace, and bolstered by slick action sequences along the way. The enviously stylish Viju has an eyewear collection to die for. Bbuddah… is at best a 2-hour advertising campaign for Mr Bachchan.

Tollywood director and producer Jagannadh’s tribute is void of story, and with a paper-thin plot like this only works because of Bachchan’s over-powering screen presence. We’re not surprised. There’s even a medley of old Bachchan songs (Pan Banaraswala, Ke Pag Ghungroo Baandh, Rang Barse & Saara Zamaana) packaged as ‘Go Meera Go’ by musicians Vishal-Shekhar. Everybody involved in the project is paying a tribute to Bachchansaab, including the man himself.

“Hum jahaan khade hote hain, line wahi se shuru ho jaati hai,” is among the unimpressive lines Viju delivers.

Exactly! The good lines are scattered, and not memorable either. The superhero saves young women from eve-teasers, packs a punch till they’re flat on the ground, cracks a joke or two and even shows his tender side when dealing with estranged wife Sita (Hema Malini).

The writing isn’t strong, nor are the characters. In a film starring the multi-faceted Bachchan, it’s a daunting task for any actor to stand out. Sood as ACP Karan manages this with ease, confidence and panache.

He beats the bad guys up, woos a girl, and even makes promises of cleaning up the kachra of crime, much like our title hero. Wonder why we aren’t seeing him in many films. South Indian actor Raj’s goonda act is perfect, impressive and amusing, in that order.

Chauhan as Sood’s love interest isn’t interesting enough. She can’t emote, let alone act. Her friend Amrita, played by Kaur, on the contrary overacts, just like her mother Kamini (Raveena Tandon). Raveena, why, just why a cameo like this? You deserved better. We did too.

A lot in Bbuddah… is loose, vague and unnecessary, like the Bs and Ds in the title.

Duniya mein do kism ke log hote hain, ek jo Bachchan ke fans hote hain aur doosre jo aisi filmo mein koi sense nahi dekhte hai.

You decide which part of the duniya you’re part of. We love the angry young man of the 70s and 80s. Bachchan saab, aaj khush toh bahut hoge tum, but this angry, wanna-be buddah does not make us feel the same.

LINK
Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap: Angry Old Man Back with a Bang!!

Wah wah wah !!

Mega star with Big-B!!

Quote:
Amitabh watches 'Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap' with Chiranjeevi
Reshma Kelkar Dhabolkar, TNN | Jul 1, 2011, 01.15pm IST
Amitabh Bachchan on Thursday visited several parts of Hyderabad to promote his film Bbuddah ... Hoga Terra Baap. The actor grabbed the opportunity to meet his old friend and Southern Megastar Chiranjeevi during the special screening of Bbuddah.

"Oh the joy of sitting in a theatre in Hyderabad with the great Chiranjeevi and watching BHTB," said the actor after meeting Chiranjeevi after a long time. It is also believed that Amitabh had a long chat with Chiranjeevi and expressed his wish to work with him.

Big B reveals he loved watching Bbuddah with his Hyderabad fans, who clapped, screamed and whistled while watching his film. Being confident about the film Big B said, "Simply overwhelmed by the reception in Hyderabad as I come in by the evening to a special screening of BHTB. It's Puri Jaggannath's territory and the crowds, the reactions just so special. If BHTB succeeds it will be my first solo hit after 2 decades, and that too by a Telugu film director."

Bbuddah... is releasing today along with Delhi Belly, which is seen as a tough competitor.

LINK
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Re: Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap: Angry Old Man Back with a Bang!!

Fucking awesome!!! Big B is really the best!!

Screw the reviews ... watch the movie!!
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

cha pai, your feedback dragged me to see this movie so early days, yesterday saw on big screen im late night show.... true.... Big B is fucking vigorous and fucking stimulant.
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

ironic that Big Bs genes do not seem to have been inherited down the line. I dont reckon abhishek is a poet either so, its not even as if the genes have skipped a generation.
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly he had the same arrogance in Toofan and Shahenshah... Both super flops

Old July 5th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Buddha hoga tera baap

watched in a camping ground with wi-fi

friend brought the laptop along on a 5 day picnic and watch so many movies

pyaar ka panchnama,
delhi belly
double dhamaal
bhejafry 2 ( I didnt ... for me it was a repeat and I cant handle this part 2)
shagird ( copy of ab tak chhappan )
Dharti ( punjabi ...just for the sardarni among us )

but Buddha hoga tera baap .... was awesome.

Amitabh proved it again that he has more iron than any other hero in the industry.

Sonu Sood is ACP in mumbai and AB is his father who was living in Paris for a while after he had left Hema ( his wife ) and son Sonu sood for his interest in underworld. Sonu is good cop so goons are after him and try to ill him many times and every time AB comes to rescue ....

watch it on a saturday night... I m buying DVD for this ... will look good in my collection.

3.5 star of 5.

P.S. Somebody please add the tags.
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buddha hoga tera baap

What tf Why tf You watched movies on a camping trip? Outdoors ka maa-behen ka ek kar diya

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
What tf Why tf You watched movies on a camping trip? Outdoors ka maa-behen ka ek kar diya

raat main kya karne ka ... daaru main peeta nahi ki pii ke ludak jaaoon... aur raat bhar khulle mian sone ki aadat nahi rahi yaar .... tent main thoda pyaar thoda magic ke baad jab talak neend na aaye movie pel daalo ...

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
raat main kya karne ka ... daaru main peeta nahi ki pii ke ludak jaaoon... aur raat bhar khulle mian sone ki aadat nahi rahi yaar .... tent main thoda pyaar thoda magic ke baad jab talak neend na aaye movie pel daalo ...

Who says you have to drink and do things only inside a tent Campfire jalao... nanga ho jao... kamar mein pathe bando... aur raat bar fire ke around jingalala jingalala kar ke nacho

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

continue with BHTB I ll reply to this in long weekend thread.
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Merged the two threads ...
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Watched this movie on big screen,you know I hate piracy love to watch after paying

Good movie

Amitabh

Last edited by swami; July 5th, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Re: Buddha Hoga Tera Baap

swami,

I wish to publicly apologize for chiding you over a thread merge. I am sorry that I did not realise your thread was much earlier than mine.

I wish to really say sorry and I will keep in mind next time that I do not throw childish tantrums.

Hope you will forgive this lapse of mine.

Thanks,
Sunit
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Re: Buddha Hoga Tera Baap

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
swami,

I wish to publicly apologize for chiding you over a thread merge. I am sorry that I did not realise your thread was much earlier than mine.

I wish to really say sorry and I will keep in mind next time that I do not throw childish tantrums.

Hope you will forgive this lapse of mine.

Thanks,
Sunit
Sorry I cannot accept your request to delete this response. I genuinely felt sorry for lashing out at you. So this stays. I dont mind eating my own humble pie.