eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old January 18th, 2011, 06:37 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Advantages of Corruption

We all know corruption is rampant here. from the traffic cop on the next signal to the minister, idhar sab kuch bikta hai. it clearly will seem all bad to the unintiaited.

similarly there is no rule of law present as such. law does not punish criminals, it only punishes those whom it catch and punish for display. its a funny and shocking at the same time. again, its all bad to the uninitiated

but there are certain advantages of these.

corruption is a big uniting factor. hindu muslim sikh isai, koi bhi ho, hamam mein sab nange. their religion is only money. one is welcome to be part of it and enjoy. dont bring in your morals, principles and religions BS, come in and enjoy the show. once inside, hardly anyone comes out or revolts. everyone mingles. unites. at least for the outsiders.

power hunger is another equalizer. there are idelogies which want to rise above all systems. but when there is no system present, whom will such ideologies rise above?

exploitation of weak is also a great equalizer. the recent rape case of a backward class girl by a BSP MLA in UP is a case in point. The jail warden, a muslim woman, Shahjahan Begum, tried to support the victim but is being threatened. women across religions speak up for exploited women, its like exploitation unites people while religion divides.

ditto for power hunger, desire to rise above the law, lawlessness etc.

interesting country this is.

what you folks think? do you agree?

what are the invisible advantages you could think of
  • corruption
  • lawlessness
  • power hunger
  • exploitation of weak

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; January 19th, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advantage or corruption/lawlessness in a country like India

This is the 4th thread on corruption... in less than that many days. Peacekeeper pai, I think you should get your's merged with Shringacharya pai's thread as they are nearly the same topic. Mine's different as I am not trying to analyze corruption... just how we deal with it

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:56 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
This is the 4th thread on corruption... in less than that many days. Peacekeeper pai, I think you should get your's merged with Shringacharya pai's thread as they are nearly the same topic. Mine's different as I am not trying to analyze corruption... just how we deal with it
this thread is not about WHY WE ARE SO CORRUPT.

Its about POSITIVE EFFECTS of the ills in our system, including high scale corruption.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
No wonder people call me trend setter!
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post
No wonder people call me trend setter!
they must also call you king of de-railers! whether it is your own thread or anyone else's.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
they must also call you king of de-railers! whether it is your own thread or anyone else's.
Guilty!
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advantages of Corruption

Any new advantages ?
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Give 50-100 rs to traffice wala and you are free from any hessel.. They are even ready to salute you

Give some minor percentage of your PF balance to a Dallaa and he will get your PF work done faster than anyone....

At property registeration office, it is compulsory to give around 1% of registeration value under the table and you need not run from here to there.. You will get your work done. You can also choose to decide reasonable registeration value to discount in your black money.

Offer some money to TT and you can get an otherwise impossible seat in high class boggies.....

Excise officer comes to your office, gives him nice treatement and judge at what level his aukat is. Once known, he will thoko you salaami and get his ass away and you will be free to conduct your underground businesses.

There are many advantages. you know
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Banned

Jat will become famous soon enough

In India I just cant imagine my personal progress without corruption .For me corruption is a boon and not a bane.The only thing that makes India worth living for me is corruption.
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:24 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
We all know corruption is rampant here. from the traffic cop on the next signal to the minister, idhar sab kuch bikta hai. it clearly will seem all bad to the unintiaited.

similarly there is no rule of law present as such. law does not punish criminals, it only punishes those whom it catch and punish for display. its a funny and shocking at the same time. again, its all bad to the uninitiated

but there are certain advantages of these.

corruption is a big uniting factor. hindu muslim sikh isai, koi bhi ho, hamam mein sab nange. their religion is only money. one is welcome to be part of it and enjoy. dont bring in your morals, principles and religions BS, come in and enjoy the show. once inside, hardly anyone comes out or revolts. everyone mingles. unites. at least for the outsiders.

power hunger is another equalizer. there are idelogies which want to rise above all systems. but when there is no system present, whom will such ideologies rise above?
The greatest crime of corruption is not the advantages it bestows upon the corrupt. instead corruption's worst perversion is the manner it has a cancerous impact on the society that allows it unchecked. When you say corruption is a uniting factor, you must realize that it is not corruption which is the virtue here, but the money that is being being shared by the corrupt.

Such a virtue has a very loose fundamental nature. If the corrupt can take money to unify themselves in hypocrisy and lies, then how much money it will take to make them fight with each other again? My guess is not much.
In my opinion, such dubious virtues are not something worth it in terms the terms of building a nationalist spirit.

Quote:
exploitation of weak is also a great equalizer. the recent rape case of a backward class girl by a BSP MLA in UP is a case in point. The jail warden, a muslim woman, Shahjahan Begum, tried to support the victim but is being threatened. women across religions speak up for exploited women, its like exploitation unites people while religion divides.
Communism and general revolts by lower class people have been fairly common throughout all human history. Again that brave warden supporting the brutalized girl across their religious divide wasn't a consequence of corruption or a benefit of exploitation. Instead it was a noble act of humanness and empathy that miraculously survived despite all odds in India.

Quote:
ditto for power hunger, desire to rise above the law, lawlessness etc.

interesting country this is.

what you folks think? do you agree?

what are the invisible advantages you could think of
  • corruption
  • lawlessness
  • power hunger
  • exploitation of weak
The advantages to corruption are temporary at the best. Any society touched by corruption will be one forever plagued in internal disequilibrium. Corruption undermines the natural process of truth turning into decisions. So in the long term, the disconnect between ground realities of that society and actions of the corrupt rulers growing wider as time passes on. This is when that society starts lurches into turmoil, either economic or political or as in case of India, both.
Old July 6th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Any new advantages ?
Any new advantages

Has or will GST done/do away with corruption If yes, how?

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless