eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:21 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
biggie, this is quite a normal phenomenon. it is regularly referred to as "growing up". whenever i see an old movie that i was mad about in the 70's i cringe when i see the bell bottomed heroes dancing to some banal tune.

hota hai yaar hota hai. but the analysis of MPK was too good. i am going to watch it again just to laugh at all the things mentioned on this thread. i remember thinking as i watched the movie for the first time that only a fcukwit would rely on a kabootar to relay a message of such mighty import to a loved one.

and the voice of balasubramaniam!! i don't think we should be too unkind to him but he should seriously think of becoming, say, an accountant instead.

bhagyashree comes across in all her roles as a silly girl. her husband( himalaya, i believe he is called- lord, his dad must have a magnificent sense of humour) is equally silly.

Last edited by vakil sahib; May 3rd, 2003 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:26 PM
in Bartania

smartganduinuk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by vakil sahib
biggie, this is quite a normal phenomenon. it is regularly referred to as "growing up". whenever i see an old movie that i was mad about in the 70's i cringe when i see the bell bottomed heroes dancing to some banal tune.

hota hai yaar hota hai. but the analysis of MPK was too good. i am going to watch it again just to laugh at all the things mentioned on this thread. i remember thinking as i watched the movie for the first time that only a fcukwit would rely on a kabootar to relay a message of such mighty import to a loved one.

and the voice of balasubramaniam!! i don't think we should be too unkind to him but he should seriously think of becoming, say, an accountant instead.

bhagyashree comes across in all her roles as a silly girl. her husband( himalaya, i believe he is called- lord, his dad must have a magnificent sense of humour) is equally silly.
Sahebjee,

kem cho....

I dont think we should rate / analyse any movie in current context. If any movie was filmed 20 years ago, one must consider the social circumstances and the scenario at that period of time.

Otherwise one can quickly come to a conclusion that Salim was soooo stupid to have let Anarkali go away, isnt it ?

But Zen's argument is quite plausible as to what led biggie to write this crap

I think you were right abt the growing up phenomenon, but I still like old movies
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:26 PM
a bored echarchan

nandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to behold
hmm

sooraj barjatya is a genius that is all i want to say

in hum aap ke hain kaun....
(it was such a bloody hit...market was flooded with letter pads with sallu ullu and madhuri's picture on it ...gross gross and every puppy shaadi was full of 5 girls wearing the same green dress tho in different colours as the one madhuri wore in didi tera devar....)

and so in the film the most intelligenbt rather the only sane person was the kutta.....

and renuka shahane bloody she was dying she has fallen down from teh stairs and she is dying only can think of madhuri's shaadi......
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
mastikhor echarchan

vipul can only hope to improve
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by nandini

and renuka shahane bloody she was dying she has fallen down from teh stairs and she is dying only can think of madhuri's shaadi......

whisky thodi kam piya karr,aur hame bore mat kar
Old May 3rd, 2003, 10:01 PM
a bored echarchan

nandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to beholdnandini is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by vipul
whisky thodi kam piya karr,aur hame bore mat kar
pardon me.
who are u anyway
Old May 4th, 2003, 03:19 AM
An admirer !!!

clik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down aap sabhi ek mahatwapoorna baat bhool rahe hain .....

Ek bahut hi popular gaana bhi tha ...

Kabootar ja ja ja ......

Sun kar aur dekh kar Ramayan aur Mahabharat ka zamana yaad aa gaya .

Jab picture release hui thi tab internet ( Chat / e-mail ) aur mobile phones( sms ) to nahin the India mein par postman aur phone to the ........ baat kuchh hajam nahin hui .

“Success is not doing extraordinary things, but doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.”

“Judge a person by the questions rather than by the answers.”
Old May 4th, 2003, 04:11 AM
a bored echarchan

Re: aap sabhi ek mahatwapoorna baat bhool rahe hain .....

Quote:
Originally posted by clik
Ek bahut hi popular gaana bhi tha ...

Kabootar ja ja ja ......

Sun kar aur dekh kar Ramayan aur Mahabharat ka zamana yaad aa gaya .

Jab picture release hui thi tab internet ( Chat / e-mail ) aur mobile phones( sms ) to nahin the India mein par postman aur phone to the ........ baat kuchh hajam nahin hui .
wah wah jaise baaki sab to bada logical tha film mein bas yahi illogical baat nazar mein aayi kya

my favourite scene was when bhagya sri hurts her ankle...and salmaan khan puts malham with his eyes closed then she decides he is decent and trustworthy enuff to see my legs and salmaan khan gives her a grateful overwhelmed look......BIGGIE IS KA KOI SYMBOLIC MEANING HAI KYA
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:14 AM
An admirer !!!

clik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: aap sabhi ek mahatwapoorna baat bhool rahe hain .....

Quote:
Originally posted by nandini
my favourite scene was when bhagya sri hurts her ankle...and salmaan khan puts malham with his eyes closed then she decides he is decent and trustworthy enuff to see my legs and salmaan khan gives her a grateful overwhelmed look......BIGGIE IS KA KOI SYMBOLIC MEANING HAI KYA
Hehe .... kya garantee hai ki sallu ne aankh band ki huyi thi , uski aaj kal ki harkato se lagta nahin ki usne kuchh bhi nahin dekha hoga ............. aajkal to malham lagana ho ya nahin wo aankh hi nahin bahut kuchh khol ke rakhta hai .... lol

“Success is not doing extraordinary things, but doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.”

“Judge a person by the questions rather than by the answers.”
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:45 AM
nayasavera

Re: Maine Pyaar Kiya - The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G

And to think that this movie was one of the biggest hits in Bollywood's history. One of the biggest earners. What the fuk is wrong with us????

Wow!!! What a post. Can't stop laughing.

Nothing is wrong!!! It's just that our perceptions change with time. What you find hep and cool today would be considered chütiyatic tomorrow. I can't really believe that Rajesh Khanna used to be a heart-throb at a time. I can't stand Rakhi or Meena Kumari for a second but the expressions on my dad's face change whenever they are seen on tv. Skewed Manoj Kumar, hiding his face with one hand, may be chütiyai impersonated for us today but my aunt finds him cool. So you see, we will prolly laugh at Devdas or Kaante when we watch them 10 yrs from now.

Watch any of Shahrukh Khan's or Anil Kapoor's first few movies. They are fukkin' funny as well.
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by smartganduinuk
Sahebjee,

kem cho....

I dont think we should rate / analyse any movie in current context. If any movie was filmed 20 years ago, one must consider the social circumstances and the scenario at that period of time.

This is the only "HIT" movie that I dislike.

Name one Old hit "biggest earner" movie and u would still see it all over again...but not MPK....Never.

Old May 5th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Maine Pyaar Kiya - The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally posted by nayasavera

Wow!!! What a post. Can't stop laughing.

Nothing is wrong!!! It's just that our perceptions change with time. What you find hep and cool today would be considered chütiyatic tomorrow. I can't really believe that Rajesh Khanna used to be a heart-throb at a time. I can't stand Rakhi or Meena Kumari for a second but the expressions on my dad's face change whenever they are seen on tv. Skewed Manoj Kumar, hiding his face with one hand, may be chütiyai impersonated for us today but my aunt finds him cool. So you see, we will prolly laugh at Devdas or Kaante when we watch them 10 yrs from now.

Watch any of Shahrukh Khan's or Anil Kapoor's first few movies. They are fukkin' funny as well.
I agree that there are some movies/things which you find chewtiyatic after some years. But thats the difference between really good movies and fuking ordinary movies like MPK. e.g take movie in same era : QSQT. Though I am not really big fan of QSQT but it didnt look chewtiyatic at all.

Look evergreen movies like Angoor, Abhiman, Mera nam joker ....etc. These are really good movies. And you know what happens with ordinary movies ? they become hit but after some time a thread on eachacha opens up and starts loading shit on it
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Apart from the movies SS has mentioned I would like to add:

Sahib Biwi aur Gulam. Mughle Azam and Kagaz ke Phool. Simply great.

Also no other suspense film has been able to beat the old Bees Saal Baad (Biswajeet, Waheeda Rehman).
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Good Morning Netra

Old May 5th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Shivsainik stole my word. Savera, Smarty and Zendu kay phool... this has nothing to do with perceptions changing over time. There were movies like Sharabi, QSQT, Karma, Tezaab, Amar Akbar Anthony etc. (and I am not talking about really good art movies like Ankush et al) in the fun movies category, made much before MPK, which might seem to have some old concepts when viewed today but yet they did not have the kind of hardcore chewtiya-pandi that MPK had. And it's not that the movie is that old either. For fuk's sake man, during what era of our civilization was it considered normal to display and let out your deepest sorrows by doing a MOONWALK in a mandir???

Yaar Zen, sahi bol raha hooN yaar, I never frikking liked this movie. But I remember that when this movie was running, overnight there were Salman Khan's springing up from everywhere. 75% of the guys in my school had Salman's hairstyle (including yours trule *blush*) Remember all those 'Friend' caps?? And they had those belts and jackets etc with the words 'No sorry, No thank you', 'Hota hai, hota hai' etc. (Yours truly never wore one of those, though).

The only other movie which brought about such a revolution amongst schoolkids was the movie 'Shiva'. Saala, for like 6 months every kid in the school had become absolutely fearless. We used to have fights with seniors, juniors, schools in the neighbourhood..... and the best part was that no one was afraid of anyone else. There were like 100s of Shivas everywhere. I loved this movie, I must add.
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

what that Bhangi hairstyle?
I puked then and I puke now when i saw it on Mel Gibson(Lethal Weapon)