eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old July 31st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Now British lottery win and Nigerian funds scam emails come from Mumbai

We have a thread here which has samples of those Nigerian scam emails 'You have to help me transfer huge funds out of my country'. There are British lottery wining scams too where you are supposed to send some processing fee to receive the lottery prize.

Well, it seems, this scam of sending such emails has now shifted to Mira Road in Mumbai!

Quote:
Fraud mail hub right next door - Mumbai’s Mira Rd

MIRA ROAD: They herald a fortune in faraway lands, but the fount of those beckoning fraud emails that promise a lottery win in Britain or an unknown inheritance in Africa lies in Mumbai’s very own backyard — Mira Road.

Senior police officials say the trick emails are being sent by a group of Nigerians living in a nondescript neighbourhood given the sobriquet ‘Nigerianwadi’ at a 20-minute walk from the Mira Road railway station. As evidence, they say, the IP addresses of almost all the computers from where these fraud emails originated were traced to Mira Road.

Police officials say Mira Road provides the fraudsters a perfect camouflage. A fast-growing suburb, it affords them the anonymity they desperately need and the inexpensive one-room rented flats that go for as little as Rs 3,000 a month.

The word Nigerianwadi was coined by policemen who on several occasions were roughed up while trying to pick up a suspect in a scam or a drug case. TOI visited ‘Nigerianwadi’, known as Moti Nagar to locals, on Thursday and found the seven-storey illegal building once peopled with Nigerians almost abandoned.

Locals say that about two months ago, the area’s Shiv Sena shakha pramukh, Sanjay Sawant and his aides forcibly evicted the Nigerians because of ‘‘complaints of them causing a nuisance”. Sawant’s action resulted in a number of Nigerians moving out to other areas, including to Nalasopara. But some of them stayed back. The two internet parlours near Nigerianwadi, as a result, are still doing reasonable business.

One of the cyber cafe owners bemoaned that many of her Nigerian clients were forced out. ‘‘They are the only source of income. Why do you target them?’’ she said, as some Nigerians typed away on the parlour’s computers.

The other internet parlour owner said: ‘‘I get at least Rs 100 from each of these guys compared to the paltry Rs 10 the others pay. They sit here from morning to night.’’ He, however, pleaded ignorance about the Nigerians’ activities.

"They must be chatting with their parents or friends.’’ Locals recalled violent fights at Moti Nagar, including one in which a Nigerian hit another with a beer bottle. Sawant said the police rarely acted on the locals’ complaints since they were "taken care of."

Some policemen admitted they were scared to detain Nigerian suspects from the locality. "There were times, when we lured them as recipients of Nigerian scam mails and arrested them when they came out of the area. They are physically strong and go to any length to resist us," said a police officer.

LINK
The last line in the news story speaks volumes about how physically fit our police are.

Last edited by echarcha; July 31st, 2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Junior eCharchan

Miss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these partsMiss_Bose is infamous around these parts
Re: Now British lottery win and Nigerian funds scam emails come from Mumbai

lol

this is funny and surprisng at the same time. the authorities should wake up and take care of these scamsters though. these days such scams come in so many flavors that it is almost impressive.... i put out a couple of things on craigslist for sale, and the first 20 responses were from these guys. i have to travel to mississauga frequently, so instead of a hotel i thought of getting a studio on rent. i put out an ad and again the bulk of responses were from these guys.

i wonder how exactly they get the money. at least they serve as confirmation tht the ad has been posted successflly lol
Old July 9th, 2014, 09:54 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Can i trust you

From:Capt Robert Kendrick (robert@usarmy.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk. Sent:Wed 7/09/14 6:48 AM

Dear Friend

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner,I found you
listed in the Trade Center Chambers of Commerce directory here in
Afghanistan, I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in
business.

I only pray at this time that your address is still valid. I want to
solicit your attention to receive money on my behalf.

I am Capt. Robert Kendrick, an officer in the US Army,and also a West
Point Graduate presently serving in the Military with the 82nd Air
Borne Division Peace keeping force in Kabul, Afghanistan.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage
to contact you. I am presently in Afghanistan and I found your contact
particulars in an internet address journal. I am seeking your
assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000(Twelve million Five
Hundred and Seventy Thousand USD) to the States or any safe country of
your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your
care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and
there are no dangers involved. Actually it is part of funds that we
discovered from the residence of fleeing Opium farmers in Afghanistan.

If you can be can be trusted,i will explain further when i get a
response from you. Please ensure to reply me Immediately if you want
to help me.

Respectfully,
Capt. Robert Kendrick
United States Military Army. Afghanistan.
Old July 9th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can i trust you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
From:Capt Robert Kendrick (robert@usarmy.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk. Sent:Wed 7/09/14 6:48 AM

Dear Friend

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner,I found you
listed in the Trade Center Chambers of Commerce directory here in
Afghanistan, I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in
business.

I only pray at this time that your address is still valid. I want to
solicit your attention to receive money on my behalf.

I am Capt. Robert Kendrick, an officer in the US Army,and also a West
Point Graduate presently serving in the Military with the 82nd Air
Borne Division Peace keeping force in Kabul, Afghanistan.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage
to contact you. I am presently in Afghanistan and I found your contact
particulars in an internet address journal. I am seeking your
assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000(Twelve million Five
Hundred and Seventy Thousand USD) to the States or any safe country of
your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your
care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and
there are no dangers involved. Actually it is part of funds that we
discovered from the residence of fleeing Opium farmers in Afghanistan.

If you can be can be trusted,i will explain further when i get a
response from you. Please ensure to reply me Immediately if you want
to help me.

Respectfully,
Capt. Robert Kendrick
United States Military Army. Afghanistan.

This person looks genuine. You should ask him for atleast 10% of it for all the trouble you will be taking.

Old July 11th, 2014, 11:38 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
This person looks genuine. You should ask him for atleast 10% of it for all the trouble you will be taking.
All yours. with 1.2 mill @10%, you could take a vacation across the world and buy a car and mobile combo which plays Saavn well.
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All yours. with 1.2 mill @10%, you could take a vacation across the world and buy a car and mobile combo which plays Saavn well.
You can also buy your family car

Before someone else asks you that question ??
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I already sent email to robert@usarmy.com but it bounced back. Can you check the original email? The email address must be hyperlinked to a different email address. Please let me know so I can proceed.

Old July 14th, 2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I already sent email to robert@usarmy.com but it bounced back. Can you check the original email? The email address must be hyperlinked to a different email address. Please let me know so I can proceed.
Unfortunately the original mail has gone from my junk mail folder. Here are 3 more.

BMW LOTTERY WORLD (madhuri@madisonindia.com)Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.

Sent:
11 July 2014 05:15AM

To:

Congratulations,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new 2014 Model BMW 7 Series Car and a Check of $500,000.00usd from the international programs held on the 2nd section 2014 in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures to claim your prize.

Contact Name : Wayne Donald
Email:
wanedman@bmwlottery.us.pn
Phone: 206-339-6183

Contact him by providing him with your secret pin code Number BMW:4661256703/07/13. You are also advised to provide him with the under-listed information as soon as possible:

1. Name in full.
2. Address.
3. Nationality.
4. Age.
5. Occupation.
6. Phone/Fax.
7. Present Country.
8. Email address.
9. pin code Number

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize money remitted/released to you.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements and equally to guard against non participant or unofficial personnel taking undue advantage of this program. Note that, all winnings must be claimed by a STIPULATED TIME (ON OR BEFORE 18 July 2014) otherwise all funds will be returned as unclaimed and eventually be reabsorbed into our next lucky dip sweepstakes.

Mrs. Helen Blake.
THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT

Chevrolet Automobile (promotion@chevrolet.com)Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.

Sent:
06 July 2014 03:25AM

To:

You have Won Five Hundred Thousand Pounds and a Chevrolet Car.We happily announce to you the draw (#1035) of the CHEVROLET LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International program held in United Kingdom. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 45375600545 188 with Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers(14,33,36,39,42,46) Kindly send your below Details for claims Name: Address: Sex: Age: Country: Mobile Number: Thanks and Congratulations Chevrolet Promotion Team

Facebook Promotion (infojoverta44@libero.it)Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.

Sent:
14 July 2014 08:25AM

To:

Facebook Lottery Promotion
30 Leicester Square. City,London.
Country, United Kingdom.
WC2H 7LA
==============================================
Dear Lucky Winner,

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Ј2,000,000.00 GBP(Two Million Great British Pounds) and a HP LAPTOP for the Yearly Facebook Bottling Lottery promotion United Kingdom 2014, which was organized by Facebook in conjunction with Chevron Texaco Oil and Gas Company, “Your Email Address" were selected through a computer balloting system drawn from Nine hundred thousand Emails from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceanic as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually, we only select five people as our winners, through electronic balloting System without the winner applying.

These are your identification numbers:
Ticket NumberFB-00545-18856-4756)
Serial Number: (536802-02)
Lucky Numbers: (FB-225-7736)

To file for your claim Please Contact your fiduciary agent
Payment and Release Order Department
Name:Prof. Raymond Clay.
Tel:+447010039957
Email:
fbadept@gmail.com
VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM
------------------------------------------------------
1. Full name:
2. Residential Address:
3. Sex:
4. Age:
5. Your Mobile Number:
6. Occupation:
7. Country:
8. Serial No:
9. Lucky No:
10. Ticket No:
11. Winning E-mail id:

We want to Congratulate You Once Again and Please Do Not Forget to Help the Poor In the Society When Facebook Makes You a Beneficiary Of their World Of Wealth.
Congratulations once again on your winnings!!!

Yours Faithfully,
Dr. James Mark
Foreign Service Manager
Facebook Lottery