eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Urban Planning in Mumbai

The skyline of Mumbai also looks quite poor..... the outer facade of the houses/buildings wear a worn out look....... cracks..... dull paints...... and people unwilling to spend to make the buildings look better....... Simply because they dont have enuf money to do so, it seems.......

I feel that just because someone's great grandfather had purchased some patch of land at Marine Drive and his current generation is barely able to meet the livelihood, gives that family a right to stay at Marine Drive....... Marine Drive should be for those who can afford & correctly maintain the stay there.......

But the problem is how to evict those who already are holding their flats since last say 100 years....... They neither are willing to sell the flats nor do they want to spend on the beautification of the buildings....... So ultimately every turn of the road in Mumbai's poshest places simply looks like a shanty.......!!!!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post

I feel that just because someone's great grandfather had purchased some patch of land at Marine Drive and his current generation is barely able to meet the livelihood, gives that family a right to stay at Marine Drive....... Marine Drive should be for those who can afford & correctly maintain the stay there.......

But the problem is how to evict those who already are holding their flats since last say 100 years....... They neither are willing to sell the flats nor do they want to spend on the beautification of the buildings....... So ultimately every turn of the road in Mumbai's poshest places simply looks like a shanty.......!!!!
we are talking about guys who earn in lakhs just from the interest in banks and another lakhs in rents.They do not wish to sparkle and get caught by IT.these are the smartest marawaris,gujjus and panjus...who have been holding those buildings with no builders evil eye casted on it.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
we are talking about guys who earn in lakhs just from the interest in banks and another lakhs in rents.They do not wish to sparkle and get caught by IT.these are the smartest marawaris,gujjus and panjus...who have been holding those buildings with no builders evil eye casted on it.
Agreed, but in this process, Mumbai is the ultimate loser...... just roam around in western mumbai...... And the place simply doesnt bear any semblance to a place worth 30000 to 90000 PSF place...... the rust of the railings mingled with rain water has formed indeliable marks on each elevation......

I mean, how can a city like this ever become truly urban....??? If people earn, then they should also spend...... So my guess was that they are not able to earn cos they are unable to spend to maintain.......!!!!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Another good thing, I noticed in Pune was near complete concretization of every patch of land...... This has helped in combatting dust...... Major source of dust are the road side patches which are left unconcretized in most indian cities........ And then in rains or in summer, the 'dusty' havoc they wreck is painful....... Pune seems to have achieved this benchmark too...... Atleast the places which I went past, were fully concretized from end to end...... Leaving no dusty patches......

Sometimes, I wonder, is it such a problem to employ horticulturists to grow grass on empty patches of land to combat the dust problem.....?? kya re, is desh kaa kuch nahi ho sakta hai.......

Even in my own building, I see that there is a problem of mosquitoes..... The standard response of the people in my building is that if Mosquitoes are a problem, then better shut your main doors and windows from 1800 hours..... If they still manage to get in, then shut yourself inside your bedrooms...... If still they manage to get in, then turn the fan on at high speed and shut yourself inside a blanket......!!! I proposed, spending Rs. 4 per day per family to conclusively end the mosquitoes by hiring a pest control agency....... but people feel that its fine to be bitten by mosquitoes than spending Rs. 4 per day to eliminate them...... We are a truly democratic country...... Mosquitoes will enjoy equal or more rights than human beings......

Yeh sab dekh ke lagta hai, ki all talk of urbanisation of cities etc is all such a wanton exercise...... Is desh kaa kuchhhh nahi hooo sakta hai......!!!! People are just toooo insensitive....... Penny wise and Pound foolish.......
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ correct

mosquito killed more human beings than mighly lions and others from cat family, during Burma campaign, during world war 2, most of the soldiers were killed by mosquitoes than by enemy fire

jeetIAF
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a correlation between the length of the address (in any given city) to the cities planning itself?
Sarv's post got me thinking...does a well planned city have a smaller address? Never thought about it that way.

My sisters address in Hyderabad is so big that I have to use extra-space to write it down every time I send her something.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
aam aurat

Parijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond repute

Jeet bhai, bengaluru metro work is going on at good speed, roads have also improved under the present state govt. I am saying present govt coz I was away from Bengaluru for around 1 1/2 years in Mumbai and notice much broader and better roads after coming back within that short period. And of course the weather - no other city has such good climate like `namma bengaluru`!

Rahul bhai, Mumbai used to be a beautiful city (at least for me, a country bumpkin from madhya pradesh) when I used to visit relatives more than 30 years ago. Used to be much cleaner and better place and not smelly like it has become now. One thing is for sure no other city has provided a living for people from all parts of our country than Mumbai.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parijataka View Post
Jeet bhai, bengaluru metro work is going on at good speed, roads have also improved under the present state govt. I am saying present govt coz I was away from Bengaluru for around 1 1/2 years in Mumbai and notice much broader and better roads after coming back within that short period. And of course the weather - no other city has such good climate like `namma bengaluru`!
since devanhalli airport has become operational, it took one of my friends to reach his home in banshankri III stage almost three hours.

delhi airport link has started recently. bangalore should have at least one such link.

by the way Brigade road and MG raod are too much overrated, those street doesnt stand anywhere in comparison to connaught place of delhi and banglaore central is no ansal plaza

jeetIAF
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
aam aurat

Parijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond repute

True, Bangalore does not have the big city feel like Delhi or Mumbai or even Chennai, with their wide roads and landmarks such as CP etc. Still, it has its charm. Never been to Kolkata - some people like it and some hate it.