eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Australia - A Racist Hub

Updates....

Quote:
Autralian police chief assures security to protesting Indians
1 Jun 2009, 1100 hrs IST, PTI

MELBOURNE: Australia's police chief today assured stepped up security for Indian students outraged by a spate of racial attacks on them, even as he justified the use of force to break protests by hundreds of demonstrators here.

Police chief commissioner Simon Overland said Australian police was working hard towards ensuring security for Indian students and a representative was being sent to India to discuss security issues with prospective students.

"We have made a number of arrests this week and we will continue to work harder," Overland said.

"We know we need to make security improvements. We will continue to work and I am happy to meet with a delegation from this group (protestors) this week," he said.

Overland also defended action to disperse protesters, who refused to move from one of the busiest streets of Melbourne till early this morning, saying the police was "entirely justified" in using force to break up the protest.

"Violence is not OK... racism is not OK. I have come here because I understand your concerns... you have made your point. We need to work together on this issue... but now I ask you to go home," he told the protestors.

Overland said there was some force used after students were given the opportunity to leave and they refused to do so.

About 18 youths were detained for allegedly "breaching peace" during the rally as protestors accused the police of "ramrodding" them to break up their sit-in.

LINK
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australia - A Racist Hub

Quote:
Overland also defended action to disperse protesters, who refused to move from one of the busiest streets of Melbourne till early this morning, saying the police was "entirely justified" in using force to break up the protest.
Did these chutiya Indians think that they were in the Brirish era using Gandiji's non-violent, non co-operation techniques??

The British tolerated Gandi and his antics cuz they wanted to leave India anyways. Otherwise one bullet in Gandi's takla would have finished the job
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:29 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

More updates ....

Quote:

Racism confined to 'minority of people': Australian Minister
31 May 2009, 1232 hrs IST, PTI

MELBOURNE: Against the backdrop of a series of attacks on Indian students here, Australia's first Asia-born Cabinet minister on Sunday said that racism in this country was confined to "a minority of people" with extreme views.

"On the whole I think Australians are tolerant," Malaysia-born Penny Wong, Federal Climate Change Minister, was quoted as saying.

"It is a minority of people in Australia who hold those sort of extreme and intolerant views," Wong said. "By and large our political leaders, our community leaders, church leaders do continue to advocate for inclusion, for respect, for tolerance, for acceptance."

Her comments follow recent assaults on Indian students. However, Wong had previously recounted her "pretty difficult" childhood facing racist remarks while growing up in Adelaide.

India's High Commissioner to Australia Sujata Singh also said recently that there had been "a racist element" to the attacks on Indian students in Melbourne.

Former Telstra boss Sol Trujillo also recently took a swipe at Australia describing the nation he called home for four years as racist, backward and like "stepping back in time".

LINK
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:50 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"It is a minority of people in Australia who hold those sort of extreme and intolerant views,"
It's just like saying a minority of Muslims are fanatics and anti Hindu.
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Did these chutiya Indians think that they were in the Brirish era using Gandiji's non-violent, non co-operation techniques??
many of those Indians are settled in Australia and have taken up citizenship... what do you expect them to do? burn a couple of trains? stop going to work? apply for guns and carry them all the time? do a signature campaign?

Showing too much animosity and calling Aussies as racist and descendants of criminals will not send across love signals.

BTW its funny to see you say Gandhiji and talk of shooting him in his takla in the same breath... sounds like you are

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 1st, 2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
many of those Indians are settled in Australia and have taken up citizenship... what do you expect them to do? burn a couple of trains? stop going to work? apply for guns and carry them all the time? do a signature campaign?

Showing too much animosity and calling Aussies as racist and descendants of criminals will not send across love signals.

BTW its funny to see you say Gandhiji and talk of shooting him in his takla in the same breath... sounds like you are
What I expected them to do is nothing! Just get the hell out of Australia. The khujli is with those Indians. Also they could have taken out a peaceful protest march on Flinders street which runs across the Federation square, not block traffic and thereby cause more hatred towards themselves. Gandi taught them non-co-operation (chakka jam, rasta roko etc) which will not work in Australia. This would not have worked in India as well had it not been the desire of the British to leave India anyways. Hitler weakened the British empire's grip on it's colonies and we owe it to him.

About Gandi. I call him GandiJI only because Indian govt. forces me to. Anything said against him is punishable by law.

Last edited by viking; June 1st, 2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM
Ass Kicker

Thumbs down Daily Assault's : The latest one.

Taxi driver from Hyderabad assaulted in Melbourne
Natasha Chaku in Melbourne

June 01, 2009 13:15 IST
Adding to the growing list of violent attacks on Indians in Australia [Images], a taxi driver from Hyderabad was reportedly bashed up by a drunken man in Melbourne [Images].

The 35-year old victim picked up the passenger, who was in an inebriated state, from Chapel street for the suburb of Blackburn in his taxi, when he was attacked by him on Sunday morning.

"After we reached Blackburn the passenger asked me to take him to Ringwood when my taxi tyre went flat. I tried to tell him I won't be able to take him any further and he started abusing me," the victim said on condition of anonymity.

The victim, hailing from Hyderabad, was then beaten and punched by the attacker.

"I have injuries on face, leg and hand. I have two broken teeth as well," the victim, who went unconscious after the attack, claimed.

The man was then taken to Alfred Hospital by the police, who informed his family. The man was discharged on Monday, a family member told PTI.

The police, according to the victim's family member, also got hold of the attacker.

The victim said he did not think it was a racially motivated attack but an "opportunistic crime".

When contacted, hospital authorities did not provide details of the victim. There was also no official confirmation of the incident so far.

http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/j...-melbourne.htm
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post

so now i lose all my opining privledges on public forums just coz i am sitting right here in US? also, just coz i am posting sitting in US it does not take away the validity of my post that you quoted

secondly i really wish there is a considerable drop in students to this racist rowdy country..Indian students alone spent $585 million in 2005...fuck them where it really hurts
i was just kidding..but life will get harder in india..with growing population and ruling congress....reservations for sc,st muslims,christians. will be on a rise and average students would seek shelter somewhere else...the brilliant ones will be attracted by huge money and brighter oppurtunities to other countries /universities..so overall...just students with raw instinct of survival will stay in india,study here and fight their way out..
jay hind
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:05 AM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
i was just kidding..but life will get harder in india..with growing population and ruling congress....reservations for sc,st muslims,christians. will be on a rise and average students would seek shelter somewhere else...the brilliant ones will be attracted by huge money and brighter oppurtunities to other countries /universities..so overall...just students with raw instinct of survival will stay in india,study here and fight their way out..
jay hind
Again our rationalists who are happy and gay and do not find any problems with the Kangress and the shitty asswipes who voted it to power will use their anus instead of trampolene's to jump and say that Kangress has nothing to do with this and that Kangress should not even remotely be connected to this situation in which the secular lame duck curry that's being bashed in Australia.
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
RajaJani

janibhai will become famous soon enoughjanibhai will become famous soon enough
Re: Daily Assault's : The latest one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Taxi driver from Hyderabad assaulted in Melbourne
Natasha Chaku in Melbourne

June 01, 2009 13:15 IST
Adding to the growing list of violent attacks on Indians in Australia [Images], a taxi driver from Hyderabad was reportedly bashed up by a drunken man in Melbourne [Images].

The 35-year old victim picked up the passenger, who was in an inebriated state, from Chapel street for the suburb of Blackburn in his taxi, when he was attacked by him on Sunday morning.

"After we reached Blackburn the passenger asked me to take him to Ringwood when my taxi tyre went flat. I tried to tell him I won't be able to take him any further and he started abusing me," the victim said on condition of anonymity.

The victim, hailing from Hyderabad, was then beaten and punched by the attacker.

"I have injuries on face, leg and hand. I have two broken teeth as well," the victim, who went unconscious after the attack, claimed.

The man was then taken to Alfred Hospital by the police, who informed his family. The man was discharged on Monday, a family member told PTI.

The police, according to the victim's family member, also got hold of the attacker.

The victim said he did not think it was a racially motivated attack but an "opportunistic crime".

When contacted, hospital authorities did not provide details of the victim. There was also no official confirmation of the incident so far.

http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/j...-melbourne.htm
Mister Viking, for a man who claims to have lived in Australia, you don't seem to know or recall much. Let me help you with few hints: nights of friday, Saturday, Sunday. Pubs. Bars. Drunks. Nasties. Fights.
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janibhai View Post
Mister Viking, for a man who claims to have lived in Australia, you don't seem to know or recall much. Let me help you with few hints: nights of friday, Saturday, Sunday. Pubs. Bars. Drunks. Nasties. Fights.
viking seems to have stayed in many countries....saala kaunsa job hain aisa duniya main??apan ko bhi chahiye
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bharat View Post
I always not liked the idea to believe that , India is a conglomerate of different countries with different cultures and languages. [/color][/i]
You know why Indians love to divide themselves so much on basis of all the possible silly divisions of caste/region/language etc because all are so damn similar to each other

All are stinky,cheap and third world morons . Belive me, I have live too long in India and different parts to know this.
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:35 AM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by janibhai View Post

Bhaiyya my office was on Burke street off-flinders street in the commonwealth bank building. I exactly know what Australia is. I have travelled on their useless Yarra trams. I dont visit bars, pubs etc I would not especially in racist Australia.
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Latest updates ...

Quote:

Don't brand Australia racist; give time to act, say Indians

Agencies Posted online: Sunday , May 31, 2009 at 2025 hrs
Melbourne : As Australian authorities face flak over a series of attacks on Indian students, leading members of the community spoke out against branding the country as ‘racist’ and said the Government should be given some time to resolve the problem.
At the same time, they expressed their deep concern over the security issues of Indian students.

Insisting that Australia was not a ‘racist’ country and all attacks were not racist in nature, Sydney-based cardiologist Yadu Singh said "We believe that this is not the correct picture of the unfortunate events."

"Most of the attacks are what we call 'opportunistic attacks' and due to the impression by the criminal elements about our students being the easy target for various reasons," Singh said.

Indian-origin CEO of leading company Primus, Ravi Bhatia, who took part in a peace rally here, said "Australia is a very open and tolerant society. It is a fun-loving country.

"There are many examples of highly successful members in the Indian community. Just like any other society, there are small minority of miscreants and malcontents," he said.

"Voice of Indian students have been heard at the highest level of the country. I would request them to give Government time to address grievances," Bhatia said.

Indian students hold rally in Australia, protest attacks

Shaken by a wave of racial assaults, thousands of Indian students chanting 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' on Sunday rallied here demanding justice for victims of recent attacks as Australia scrambled to contain the rising anger and frustration within the community.

The 'peace rally' organised by bodies like Federation of Indian Students in Australia (FISA) and National Union of Students kicked off from outside the Royal Melbourne Hospital, where 25-year-old Shravan Kumar is in a critical condition after being stabbed with a screwdriver by a group of teens on Sunday last.

Kumar, who had slipped into coma after being stabbed, was "out of danger", but still critical, said a leading community member who visited him at the hospital. "He (Kumar) has come out of coma and moved his hands," said T J Rao, also a former Consul General of India in Melbourne who too participated in the rally. "Kumar is out of life support, but doctors are still not very sure about his full recovery," he said.

The marchers numbering over 5,000 walked down to the Victorian Parliament House on Spring street, holding placards with slogans like 'We want Justice', 'We are the Economy Builders' and 'End Racist Attacks'. They also chanted 'Bharat

Mata Ki Jai'.

FISA founder Gautam Gupta, who led the rally, said "we believe in 'Gandhigiri'" and peaceful ways to present the demands of the student community. The students had hoped to hand over their demands' list to the lawmakers, but it could not be materialised. Their demands included a multicultural police force for Victoria, which houses 47,000 of the 95,000 Indian student community in Australia. They also demanded that crime statistics be made public and sought racial tolerance and awareness, and advertising campaign to welcome international students, highlighting their contribution to the Australian economy.

Facing flak over the spate of racial assaults, Australia government said it was doing everything it can to prevent further attacks on the community.

"We're doing everything that we can, both with the Indian community in Australia and India itself ... but also working very closely with the relevant state authorities," Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith was quoted as saying.

He assured the community that the Australian authorities are trying to bring the attackers to justice and ensure a safe environment for all international students. Apart from Shravan Kumar, the Indian students attacked recently included Baljinder Singh, who has been discharged from hospital after being stabbed by two attackers, and Rajesh Kumar, who suffered 30 per cent burns after a petrol bomb was hurled at him in his home in Sydney.

In a bid to assuage the feelings of the Indian community here, Australia's first Asia-born Cabinet minister said that racism in this country was confined to "a minority of people" with extreme views. "On the whole I think Australians are tolerant," Malaysia-born Penny Wong, Federal Climate Change Minister, was quoted as saying by AAP. "It is a minority of people in Australia who hold those sort of extreme and intolerant views."

FISA leader Gupta said the massive rally of the students proved that they were not "soft targets" and the situation may get out of hands if the community was attacked again. Gupta expressed confidence that the Australian government would take some action now and punish the perpetrators of the attacks.

Some leading community members, including Australian Telco company Iprimus CEO Ravi Bhatia, also participated in the rally, apart from the state opposition leader Ted Baillieu.

State police personnel in large number were deputed to maintain law and order during the event, which went off peacefully. Traffic was diverted from Spring street, which was blocked for vehicles, during the rally which ended with a candle light vigil.

According to the Australian Associated Press (AAP), there were three arrests during the event. However it did not elaborate. India's Consul General in Melbourne Anita Nayar said she had "no official confirmation" on the arrests. "There were apparently two rallies, one was a 'peace rally' that took off from Royal Melbourne Hospital to Parliament that was later dispersed and other was at Federation Square that remained there," she said. FISA yesterday said the peace rally was being organized in response to the growing anger in the Indian community against increasing hate crimes. "The purpose is to create awareness about an increasing number of hate crimes within the state (of Victoria) and to promote racial harmony and peace," FISA had said in a statement.

LINK
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:46 AM
RajaJani

janibhai will become famous soon enoughjanibhai will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

leading members of the community spoke out against branding the country as ‘racist’ and said the Government should be given some time to resolve the problem.
At the same time, they expressed their deep concern over the security issues of Indian students.

Insisting that Australia was not a ‘racist’ country and all attacks were not racist in nature, Sydney-based cardiologist Yadu Singh said "We believe that this is not the correct picture of the unfortunate events."

"Most of the attacks are what we call 'opportunistic attacks' and due to the impression by the criminal elements about our students being the easy target for various reasons," Singh said.

Indian-origin CEO of leading company Primus, Ravi Bhatia, who took part in a peace rally here, said

"Australia is a very open and tolerant society. It is a fun-loving country.

"There are many examples of highly successful members in the Indian community. Just like any other society, there are small minority of miscreants and malcontents," he said.

"Voice of Indian students have been heard at the highest level of the country. I would request them to give Government time to address grievances," Bhatia said.

Indian students hold rally in Australia, protest attacks

Shaken by a wave of racial assaults, thousands of Indian students chanting 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' on Sunday rallied here demanding justice for victims of recent attacks as Australia scrambled to contain the rising anger and frustration within the community.

The 'peace rally' organised by bodies like Federation of Indian Students in Australia (FISA) and National Union of Students kicked off from outside the Royal Melbourne Hospital, where 25-year-old Shravan Kumar is in a critical condition after being stabbed with a screwdriver by a group of teens on Sunday last.

Kumar, who had slipped into coma after being stabbed, was "out of danger", but still critical, said a leading community member who visited him at the hospital. "He (Kumar) has come out of coma and moved his hands," said T J Rao, also a former Consul General of India in Melbourne who too participated in the rally. "Kumar is out of life support, but doctors are still not very sure about his full recovery," he said.

The marchers numbering over 5,000 walked down to the Victorian Parliament House on Spring street, holding placards with slogans like 'We want Justice', 'We are the Economy Builders' and 'End Racist Attacks'. They also chanted 'Bharat

Mata Ki Jai'.

FISA founder Gautam Gupta, who led the rally, said "we believe in 'Gandhigiri'" and peaceful ways to present the demands of the student community. The students had hoped to hand over their demands' list to the lawmakers, but it could not be materialised. Their demands included a multicultural police force for Victoria, which houses 47,000 of the 95,000 Indian student community in Australia. They also demanded that crime statistics be made public and sought racial tolerance and awareness, and advertising campaign to welcome international students, highlighting their contribution to the Australian economy.

Facing flak over the spate of racial assaults, Australia government said it was doing everything it can to prevent further attacks on the community.

"We're doing everything that we can, both with the Indian community in Australia and India itself ... but also working very closely with the relevant state authorities," Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith was quoted as saying.

He assured the community that the Australian authorities are trying to bring the attackers to justice and ensure a safe environment for all international students. Apart from Shravan Kumar, the Indian students attacked recently included Baljinder Singh, who has been discharged from hospital after being stabbed by two attackers, and Rajesh Kumar, who suffered 30 per cent burns after a petrol bomb was hurled at him in his home in Sydney.

In a bid to assuage the feelings of the Indian community here, Australia's first Asia-born Cabinet minister said that racism in this country was confined to "a minority of people" with extreme views. "On the whole I think Australians are tolerant," Malaysia-born Penny Wong, Federal Climate Change Minister, was quoted as saying by AAP.

"It is a minority of people in Australia who hold those sort of extreme and intolerant views."

FISA leader Gupta said the massive rally of the students proved that they were not "soft targets" and the situation may get out of hands if the community was attacked again. Gupta expressed confidence that the Australian government would take some action now and punish the perpetrators of the attacks.
abcjlnljw lenlkmd