eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old February 19th, 2002, 12:03 AM
Banned

yrpude is an unknown quantity at this point
Dirty Mumbai { Bombay )

Last week I was in Mumbai. It has become so dirty. On roads there is filth every where. Dadar station bridges are stinking. Only Ranade road is free of hawkers.
I was in Mumbai on the day of polling but the whole city has become rubbish. People are spitting more than before.

Who will clean the city?????????
Old February 19th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
yrpude, my mother was here last year and she was saying that Mumbai is much cleaner now and that people who throw rubbish on the road are fined. But I suppose she was speaking of the area she lives in i.e the Chowpatty area/Opera House area.
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Kay re...aata ulat ikadche raste bare zaale ahet...
Baryach thikannanhoon pherivaalyaa kadhala ahey...
aata tumhi loka us che ani amche raste cha comparision karu naka
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Junior eCharchan

gossipmonger is on a distinguished road
Somehow culturally and in worldly matters I find Indians more sensible and intelligent. I mean the average indian is way intelligent than the average american. Yet we have our share of problems of population, corruption etc. Shimla used to be a paradise before my time. My parents and grandparents have fond memories of that place. However my brother went there some two years ago and was revolted by the place it has become.....it pains me immensly that we have nothing to offer in terms scenic beauty and nature except for Goa and maybe Kerala.
Mumbai is the heart of Bollywood because when the film industry started out, it was a scenic place with wonderful weather. Now its a shit hole....look at Juhu beach....
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

Quote:
Now its a shit hole....look at Juhu beach....
uhh, the last time i read about both juhu beach and chowpatty, they are both clean now. They have beach patrols now in gypsys (unlike babes in baywatch) patroling the beach. I havent been to bombay for years now, so dont know the real story, but i guess people like chirag who stay there can provide us with more info about how clean or dirty the city actually is.
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by padhu

uhh, the last time i read about both juhu beach and chowpatty, they are both clean now. They have beach patrols now in gypsys (unlike babes in baywatch) patroling the beach. I havent been to bombay for years now, so dont know the real story, but i guess people like chirag who stay there can provide us with more info about how clean or dirty the city actually is.

Chowpatty jaooooo jab bhi mumbai mein aaoge....."white sand"
Literanlly....Juhu b bhi abhi accha hai...but chowpatty...aakar dekho

Gossipmonger... juhu b kab gaya tha tu?
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dirty Mumbai { Bombay )

Quote:
Originally posted by yrpude

Who will clean the city?????????
u can have the honors
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Re: Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by chirag2000

Chowpatty jaooooo jab bhi mumbai mein aaoge....."white sand"
Chirag, I've been told that there are no more Bhel Puri stalls on Chowpatty. Is this true? I can't imagine a Chowpatty without Bhel Puri stalls.
Old February 19th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Proud Hindusthani

Re: Re: Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by Netra

Chirag, I've been told that there are no more Bhel Puri stalls on Chowpatty. Is this true? I can't imagine a Chowpatty without Bhel Puri stalls.
kahi stalls ahet....
aplya ikde loke bhel pani puri khaylach tar beach var jaatat!
liney laaun te gujjju udhey astaat bhel khayla
Old February 19th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

chiragbhai, do you mind translating what you just typed. My marathi is a bit rusty.
Old February 19th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Proud Hindusthani

Quote:
chiragbhai, do you mind translating what you just typed. My marathi is a bit rusty.
Some stalls are still there....man u know how these gujjus rush up to the bhel puri stalls....beach is much frequented by tourist because of that..

btw...abey mumbai ka hai nah tu.. marathi itne jaldi bhool gaya
Old February 19th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Third Echelon

sorry my friend....i dont get to talk in marathi to anyone out here in the US so what do you expect from me. Maybe once i go to mumbai for a holiday my marathi will snap back in place. BTW, i always got more marks in Marathi than in Hindi, so if my marathi is bad, then you can well imagine my hindi.
Old February 19th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Proud Hindusthani

Quote:
sorry my friend....i dont get to talk in marathi to anyone out here in the US so what do you expect from me. Maybe once i go to mumbai for a holiday my marathi will snap back in place. BTW, i always got more marks in Marathi than in Hindi, so if my marathi is bad, then you can well imagine my hindi.
Arrey yaar main to aise hi bol raha tha...
BTW I took up sanskrit as optional language in classes 8-10 ....i just thought marathi was too hard !!...even in junor colleg i took hindi as optional...
Old February 19th, 2002, 09:51 AM

Question translation please

Quote:
Originally posted by chirag2000
Kay re...aata ulat ikadche raste bare zaale ahet...
Baryach thikannanhoon pherivaalyaa kadhala ahey...
aata tumhi loka us che ani amche raste cha comparision karu naka
hindi or english
Old February 19th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Re: translation please

Quote:
Originally posted by eNRI

hindi or english ?
neither it was marathi!