eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old December 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation BREAKING NEWS Forum & Hesitation Among Us Members!

Sutradarji ... in all fairness to Vikingbhau ... let's admit ... he has been one of most prolific poster in Breaking News forum and site ought to be thankful to him for bringing to our attention latest happenings in Indian politics ... we cannot and are not blaming Vikingbhau if everything that happens in Indian politics has negative tones. Here is what happens ... unless another Indian politician steals few lac carores ... Vikingbhau's thread remains on forum main page for days if not weeks. This irritates and members have made it known.

Here is the problem ... impression! ... we have this impression that news has to be related to Indian politics, politicians, stealing, killing or robbing to qualify for Breaking News Forum. Correcting this impression among us members will result in faster turnover ... and threads with photos of manhoos bastords will not stay on main page for too long ... not long enough to become a depressing and irritating sight.

Here is one fine example ... we knew Aspirin is good for thinning the blood ... scientists have just discovered (report came out less than 36 hours ago) that aspirin also helps fight cancer!!! This is a fantastic news. Why doesn't this news qualify for inclusion in breaking news? You will agree. You will certainly agree that this news qualifies. So why don't we have this news in Breaking News Forum? Because this has nothing to do with India or our politicians?

Sir, all you need to do is correct the notion among our members ... it doesn't necessary have to be news related to India or terrorism or Indian politicians
robing or killing.

Consider ... kindly.

With all due respects and apologies ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BREAKING NEWS Forum & Hesitation Among Us Members!

I think we should have a seperate breaking news for LM
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

For a Desi forum the breaking news should preferably be India related. In the last few weeks the members' interest in posting on the front page has cooled down a bit. I suppose it is periodical, nothing to worry about or fiddle with the content. Stop being such a worrier, Tantuma.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old December 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I think we should have a seperate breaking news for LM
You must be referring to photo of two guys kissing lip-to-lip? Swamiji ... unfortunately not one member reported the thread ... not immediately or not as soon as it appeared ... even you did not ... you normally do take the trouble. Most of us login while at work ... photo shouldn't have stayed on main page for that long. It has nothing to do with homosexuality ... but to do with sexual innuendos. And we have to be careful at work place.

Old December 7th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
For a Desi forum the breaking news should preferably be India related. In the last few weeks the members' interest in posting on the front page has cooled down a bit. I suppose it is periodical, nothing to worry about or fiddle with the content. Stop being such a worrier, Tantuma.
RRbhai, aspirin helps fight big C is not a breaking news? I cannot believe there is not one family which has not lost a friend or a relative. This is the best news in decades. We are still finding out what other benefits to drive from this wonder drug ... Aspirin.

I am not worried. I just want it to be officially known that it doesn't have to be bad news to make it to Breaking News forum.

Old December 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
You must be referring to photo of two guys kissing lip-to-lip? Swamiji ... unfortunately not one member reported the thread ... not immediately or not as soon as it appeared ... even you did not ... you normally do take the trouble. Most of us login while at work ... photo shouldn't have stayed on main page for that long. It has nothing to do with homosexuality ... but to do with sexual innuendos. And we have to be careful at work place.

no homosexuality over there please

Breaking news in LM should contain pure LM breaking news,how about having some breaking news of your fav actress's first armpit pictures
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
RRbhai, aspirin helps fight big C is not a breaking news?
It's not a breaking news. It is a long known medical fact. But the minus points of aspirin - the contraindications and the side effects - are not as well known / advertised. If aspirin is touted as the wonder drug, then its easy availability and low cost may make the common consume the drug without medical guidance. I quote below an excerpt from the wikipedia entry.

Quote:
The main undesirable side effects of aspirin are gastrointestinal ulcers, stomach bleeding, and tinnitus, especially in higher doses. In children and adolescents, aspirin is no longer used to control flu-like symptoms or the symptoms of chickenpox or other viral illnesses, because of the risk of Reye's syndrome.[4]
I cannot believe there is not one family which has not lost a friend or a relative. This is the best news in decades. We are still finding out what other benefits to drive from this wonder drug ... Aspirin.

I am not worried. I just want it to be officially known that it doesn't have to be bad news to make it to Breaking News forum.
Let's not fiddle with the breaking news content. Just as the admin is vary of EC becoming an ad whore, I am also vary of the Breaking News becoming a news whore.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old December 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

tantuji,

Now its for members to post breaking news. How can I post news all the time?
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
tantuji,

Now its for members to post breaking news. How can I post news all the time?
I say that? No. I never say that. Sutradarji what I said is you say okay so members don't complain when someone post breaking news not political. You know what I mean? You say okay means official a-okay! I mean like that.

Old December 8th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

I would want to post photos of nature ... serenity, peace, calmness and what not ... and that is breaking news too, for one look at the picture breaks your mindset from the old rotten uneasiness to a new dimension of joy and happiness ...
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are now getting a it to fussy about Breaking News here.

My intent or for that matter any site like ours has the top headline up there which is something which is an important news event. Now that could be political, terrorist, films, medical, any news. We have flouted our own norms and put up all sorts of content under this.

I have explained this before also that unfortunately none of our politicians are as beautiful as Sarkozy's wife Carla Bruni, but if a news story requires a photo of a politician then we must accept it in the same spirit as we accept photo of a beautiful film star we sometimes post.

As for the other complaint that the Breaking News reminds you of the ugly politicians and their sourpuss faces for days - well its incentive for you to keep our main page dynamic and post newer news. We have seen fast movement in the past and we can do it today too if we dont like to stare at old politicians' faces
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Super eCharchan

I can imagine Viking bhai doing this while posting the news and Tantujibhai seeing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I think we are now getting a it to fussy about Breaking News here.

My intent or for that matter any site like ours has the top headline up there which is something which is an important news event. Now that could be political, terrorist, films, medical, any news. We have flouted our own norms and put up all sorts of content under this.

I have explained this before also that unfortunately none of our politicians are as beautiful as Sarkozy's wife Carla Bruni, but if a news story requires a photo of a politician then we must accept it in the same spirit as we accept photo of a beautiful film star we sometimes post.

As for the other complaint that the Breaking News reminds you of the ugly politicians and their sourpuss faces for days - well its incentive for you to keep our main page dynamic and post newer news. We have seen fast movement in the past and we can do it today too if we dont like to stare at old politicians' faces
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

kya tantu ji.... aap kabhi kabar hosh mein site pe aate ho lagta hai... these are some of the 'breaking' news on ec site from the recent past -

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36917
I'm not traumatized: Sonakshi Sinha

An actress says something and that gets posted here as a breaking news.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30445
Man in Santa suit kills 8 and himself on Christmas Eve

This news has had nothing to do with India.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36931
A thing of beauty is a joy forever

What can I say - someone did feel what you felt and posted a beauty just to keep her on the front page.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36932
Happy Birthday Admin

even this!