eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Beef ban in India

Let's see what could be the practical reasons for this ban keeping aside the holy factor. I think libs have been harping on individual choice and rights. Can they give any other reason if we keep that aspect aside.

I think people should have the choice but I will speculate what could be the real reason. Beef business runs into billions of USD if I am not wrong or at least a few hundred millions. Out of this the majority is probably by Muslims. And there might be a good reason to believe that a lot of this money is being diverted to jihadi activities directly or indirectly. While they don't have access to oil like in Middle East, they treat beef as the means for funding. What do you think?
Old June 4th, 2017, 03:20 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beef ban in India

Get your facts s right. Beef ain't banned .. selling cattle for slaughter in unauthorized markets is..
Old June 4th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Get your facts s right. Beef ain't banned .. selling cattle for slaughter in unauthorized markets is..
Yes you are right. Beef is not banned.

But my point remains what might be the reason behind the ban.
Old June 4th, 2017, 06:43 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

In most of the states, it is cow slaughter which is banned. And prominent states where cow-slaughter is not banned are J & K and West Bengal. I think it is not banned in Kerala and some north eastern states too. I knew one Hindutva Supporter from Kerala (he used to give us his copies of 'Organizer' for reading) who used to love beef. His stand was that he is against cowslaughter.

Now, one friend who had business in animal products (like Gelatin) told that while Beef products should have Buffalo Meat, no one monitored and Cow meat would also make it.

Recnetly Fadnavis Sarkar banned the slaughter of other cattle too. Is this a blanket ban on Beef or there are still some categories allowed?
Old June 4th, 2017, 06:47 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Thats what media has been drumming. In fact they show a guy getting beaten up on the prime news. Not supporting the act, but these happen regularly. Anyone in a small town in North India would see such bashing up once a month.
Old June 4th, 2017, 08:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Prollem is media is full of mofos who will try their best to obfuscate any issue in favor of Congress and Left..

I had to show this to some Tamil folks who were "concerned" about farmers not able to get rid of useless old cows and bulls.. For them Modi .. as opposed to Modhi .. is evil trying to take control of their Tamil nation.

Quote:
Please read this whole article

'The idea behind the new rules is that slaughter markets must buy directly from the farms as is the case in the bloody world.'
'The cattle markets have become centres for the organised beef mafia.'

There is a belief that these rules on cattle sales will effectively ban the slaughter of buffalos in India. Can you please clarify?

Absolutely not. Only illiterate people can talk like that.

If you read the rules, it does not mention anywhere that you can't slaughter animals.

The (new) rules says you can use the livestock market only for legitimate agricultural purposes. The scope of the rule is only to the market.

The idea behind the new rules is that slaughter markets must buy directly from the farms as is the case in the bloody world.

Across the world, slaughterhouses buy from the farms and cattle markets are to be reared; that is the logic.

If the farmer wants to sell cattle for slaughter, why should he introduce 50 middlemen?

Why should a farmer subject the cattle to the hideous market journey and not send it straight to the slaughterhouse?

The farmer will get more money and slaughterhouse will get it cheaper and this will cut out the middlemen who are making profits and torturing these animals.

They don't do this to dairy animals or agricultural animals because those animals are to be kept and used.

They do this to animals that have become old and are destined for slaughter.

They ill-treat them. They don't feed them. They don't give them water.

They pack them in crowded vehicles, which results in animals having broken bones and injured eyes. It is heinous cruelty.

I filed this petition after visiting so many cattle markets across the country.

After massive documentation, I showed that meat animals (animals for slaughter) are tortured in these markets.

They should not come to these markets and they should be directly sold from farm to slaughterhouses. That is the simple thing.

Whoever says beef will be stopped, I don't know what to say to them.

They just have to read the rules.

Why were goats, fish and chicken left out from this notification?

Goats, chicken and fish are not smuggled. You have to go to the cattle market to understand what a cattle market is like.

Goats and chicken are not smuggled across borders. They are slaughtered within the states.

Large animals like cows, buffaloes and camels undergo inter-state smuggling and trafficking like hell.

For instance, cattle from Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab are transported to West Bengal.

Similarly, all of the cattle of Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Karnataka and Telangana goes to Kerala.

It is hideous the way we make these cattle travel. This never happens in any other country. We are one weird country.

What does a farmer do with an unproductive buffalo or bull? How can a farmer go on feeding the animal?

Every state has a provision for keeping unproductive cows and buffaloes in legitimate kanji houses (shelter homes for cattle)

Buffalo slaughter is allowed, but in licensed slaughter houses only. You cannot say, 'Oh! My buffalo is not giving milk, so let me sell it to the first smuggler that comes my way. If not, then let me slaughter it in my backyard.' You cannot do that.

There is a law, the Food Safety and Standards Act, which was made by the Congress party and it says that animals can be slaughtered only in registered slaughter houses.

If I open a factory and dump the waste on the road saying it is the municipal body's job to clean it, then that is not right.

Similarly, if I have unproductive cattle, then I have to be responsible for disposing it.

I must take it to a registered slaughterhouse or else I must switch to some other industry.

It is as simple as that. How can I be so irresponsible that I just dump my cattle or sell it to the first person who comes my way?

Don't you think farmers will abandon unproductive cattle on the roads after this rule comes into effect?

That is absolutely insane. Nobody leaves anything on the road because there are so many illegal slaughter houses all over the place.

We are trying to cut that out. The only people who will suffer are the middlemen, the dalals.

The farmers will continue to rear their cattle and the legal slaughter houses will continue to slaughter them.

There is already a supply chain. There are milk cooperatives and they know where farmers have cattle.

Every village in our country has a milk cooperative and they know which animals are unproductive in the village.

They can straightaway send animals to the slaughterhouses. Why should they be hopping from market to market with bones broken?

You stated that cattle markets have become butchers. Could you please elaborate?

The cattle markets have become centres for the organised beef mafia.

For instance, Uttar Pradesh has 50 slaughter houses, but it has 10 animal cattle markets in each city.

What do these cattle markets do? These markets collect animals from all the villages and then they smuggle them out.

Because you cannot slaughter cows in Uttar Pradesh, they smuggle it to West Bengal and from there to Bangladesh.

Or these cows get slaughtered illegally in Rampur or Aligarh.

So what we want to do is ensure traceability.

India has a mandate under the FAO (Food and Agricultural Organisation) as a member and as a member of the World Organisation for Animal Health to ensure food traceability.

If a buffalo is coming to a Delhi slaughterhouse, there is no way of figuring out from where it is coming from.

If it has foot and mouth disease, if it has mad cow disease or leukaemia, then these are notifiable diseases.

You have to notify from which area these diseases are spreading so that those areas can be locked down and the disease is prevented from spreading.

These are highly communicable diseases, but how do you find out?

There is no way to find out because the cattle have changed hands so many times.

Is there a about the link between cattle smuggling and terror?

It has been widely reported and documented. There is proof that Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islam terrorists in Assam confessed that they got their money from cattle smuggling.

Nothing is being done and everything is okay.

Now, one little thing is being done just to regulate this issue and there is a problem!

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 4th, 2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old June 5th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Compared to mutton, pork, even fish, beef is bloody cheap in India (because most Hindus don't eat it!).
So, even after bribing the authorities etc.., the margins are great====so, beef will continue to sell!
One way to counter the problem would be to charge a 'deposit' of 50000/- for cows raised by farmers/anybody, 30000-35000/-for bulls-buffaloes------which shouldbe returnd when the animals die a natural death (vet's. certificate needed), or, when (the COW esp.,)is given away to some RECOGNIZED Gaushala.