eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old April 5th, 2017, 05:46 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Reservation for Muslims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
No, tell me one education institute where you have studied which had different passing marks for the people of reserved category or grace awarded. I know none

If that 36% guy passes his medical examination nice and well and like anyother candidate, what is the difference?

jeetIAF
Iits do not have different passing matks, but in the 80's the criteria for kicking outa student (minimum credits needed) were more liberal for sc st than others.
Old April 5th, 2017, 08:00 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, tell me one education institute where you have studied which had different passing marks for the people of reserved category or grace awarded. I know none

If that 36% guy passes his medical examination nice and well and like anyother candidate, what is the difference?

jeetIAF
You have to visit the rural schools and colleges in Punjab.. My relatives work there and have often complained, one teacher stopped sc/st from cheating in exam (this is 5th to 10th standard kids) and all of them ganged up on him, sc/st teachers joined the students and he had to transfer out to another school just to keep him job.

Another incident, this college near Ambala announced they will have the highest graduate girl from the nearby villages hoist national flag on 15th August, not some politician or MLA or DM. The girl identified was a SC candidate doing PhD, one girl from same village in general category lost out to SC candidate for Phd admission even though she had 90% in masters. My SIL works in this college.
Old April 5th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good is from the privileged school, bad is from village school
Intelligent is forward caste kid studying in uber school in delhi, dumb is an SC from Sarkari Pathshala
Hardworking is Babu of forward caste working in office and Lazy is an OBC from a village in field
jeetIAF
Please do not generalize, i have personally known genius who came out of zilla praja parishad schools. A hard working student be it from a remote rural or a city can survive in any situation thrown at them. If one does not get reservation and get in to BSC instead of engineering, a good student always comes on the top.
That being said i am against reservation(even students who get -ve marks in medical and engineering entrance exams get in to MBBS or BE seats and upper caste students who scored 90% do not). The only way to remove the social inequalities is to give additional marks to students who are from a poor family and or coming from a rural area.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old April 5th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
Please do not generalize, i have personally known genius who came out of zilla praja parishad schools. A hard working student be it from a remote rural or a city can survive in any situation thrown at them. If one does not get reservation and get in to BSC instead of engineering, a good student always comes on the top.
That being said i am against reservation(even students who get -ve marks in medical and engineering entrance exams get in to MBBS or BE seats and upper caste students who scored 90% do not). The only way to remove the social inequalities is to give additional marks to students who are from a poor family and or coming from a rural area.
Reservation was planned only for few years after Independence but it became a strong tools in the hands of politicians.
Till date on the strong and influential of the reserved categories reap the full benefits for SC,ST,BC EB etc meant for them,its very rare that poor of these caste get jobs or admissions.

So in short reservation is only for rich and influential and it will be same if Muslims are included
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:48 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

One facet of reservation is that those that are backward SC ST, etc will pay less fee, but coming from a middle class family, I was paying 35K per year for engineering and rich SC ST buggers were paying 3K a year. This was my first personal exposure to how BS this reservation crap is.

The system is lopsided in the favor of anybody who can furnish a SC ST OBC what have you certificate. The basis should be economic status but that is as easily faked as backward class certificate.
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:

Try changing your name to Bhidubhai singh Jatav or other dalit sounding name and then let me know how easy for you to rent an apartment in Delhi/NCR

jeetIAF
I have no probs in dalits getting reservation but dont think Muslims deserve it.

Again, isnt reservation different from renting, etc.?
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
One facet of reservation is that those that are backward SC ST, etc will pay less fee, but coming from a middle class family, I was paying 35K per year for engineering and rich SC ST buggers were paying 3K a year. This was my first personal exposure to how BS this reservation crap is.

The system is lopsided in the favor of anybody who can furnish a SC ST OBC what have you certificate. The basis should be economic status but that is as easily faked as backward class certificate.
My first exposure to it was when I realised I couldnt get NTSE scholarship. I thought I was not smart enough to get it Recently, while looking for some old files, I came across the citation that said that I couldnt get it because I didnt belong to low income group although I qualified for the scholarship Then I realised I am really dumb and I was in fact right all these years to think I was not smart
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

"PASSING MARKS" are the barest minimum considered necessary to 'accept' an incumbent as 'qualified' to pursue the job, profession etc.. that 'THAT EXAM' is held for.
The difference in the expertness and proficiency is reflected (unless the 'topper' is from UP,Bihar!) in the '%age' difference that exists between the barely passed, and the 95%er.
Granted that both are taught from the same syllabus, but the diligence, innate intelligence, efforts etc.. between the students gets reflected in HOW MUCH is eventually grasped by each of them------and it invariably SHOWS!

Actually, merit means ability to do a given job or task. How well that job/task is done, is 'excellence'------and it can easily be judged by the resources (time taken, qtty. of materials used etc..) used-----the excellent use minimum, and the mediocre use much much more!
------In local parlance, we use 'merit', when we actually mean 'excellence'!
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

jeetIAF
bhai if there is really no difference in output, why judge the input at all based on ANY criteria? lets just ask everyone who is interested to apply and then pick our candidates from lottery! atleast system will be fairer to every candidate and we wont have to listen to drivel about reservations for this caste or that religion.

apply the same to armed forces, abolish SSBs, abolish all entrances - afterall as long as exit criteria is stringent and uniform, it should not matter?
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:39 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
bhai if there is really no difference in output, why judge the input at all based on ANY criteria? lets just ask everyone who is interested to apply and then pick our candidates from lottery! atleast system will be fairer to every candidate and we wont have to listen to drivel about reservations for this caste or that religion.

apply the same to armed forces, abolish SSBs, abolish all entrances - afterall as long as exit criteria is stringent and uniform, it should not matter?
And hear lottery machine tampering/rigging by khujliwaal and other fools ?
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:51 AM

KCR wanna steal the voter base of MIM?
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
"PASSING MARKS" are the barest minimum considered necessary to 'accept' an incumbent as 'qualified' to pursue the job, profession etc.. that 'THAT EXAM' is held for.
The difference in the expertness and proficiency is reflected (unless the 'topper' is from UP,Bihar!) in the '%age' difference that exists between the barely passed, and the 95%er.
Granted that both are taught from the same syllabus, but the diligence, innate intelligence, efforts etc.. between the students gets reflected in HOW MUCH is eventually grasped by each of them------and it invariably SHOWS!

Actually, merit means ability to do a given job or task. How well that job/task is done, is 'excellence'------and it can easily be judged by the resources (time taken, qtty. of materials used etc..) used-----the excellent use minimum, and the mediocre use much much more!
------In local parlance, we use 'merit', when we actually mean 'excellence'!
people keep repeating this BS till the time it comes to them. For example if you are to have a life altering surgery, would you pick a guy who took 10 years to pass MBBS with bare minimum or some one who scored 90+% and passed MBBS in a single go??
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
people keep repeating this BS till the time it comes to them. For example if you are to have a life altering surgery, would you pick a guy who took 10 years to pass MBBS with bare minimum or some one who scored 90+% and passed MBBS in a single go??

They do something even better!
They play extremely safe and just plain go 'abroad' even for routine checkups and treatments-------V.P.Singh until his death, Sonia G. etc..
--------Or, they 'import' Doctors from abroad for their treatment: MGR, Vajpayee, etc...
Old April 12th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
They do something even better!
They play extremely safe and just plain go 'abroad' even for routine checkups and treatments-------V.P.Singh until his death, Sonia G. etc..
--------Or, they 'import' Doctors from abroad for their treatment: MGR, Vajpayee, etc...
you are wrong about sonia, she came to US to get treated by a telugu brahmin, who secured his MBBS on merit. he was one of the TOP 50 from AP State in MBBS entrance exam.

And actually when i was commenting on my old post, i was pointing towards people like you who say merit does not mater.
Old April 13th, 2017, 05:17 AM
Bhai Bolela hai

For me, only merit matters!
I am bemused you got the absolutely exact opposite of what I meant!!!
That 'Telgu Brahmin' wouldn't have had to go to the USA if his merit had been accorded the recognition it deserved!
The only posts that did not give due credit to merit have been by Jeetiaf!
Maybe the English used ought to have had been very simple!
My bad!
Sorry!