eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

View Poll Results: What should be the punishment for rape ?
Rape his womenfolk 0 0%
Rape his menfolk 0 0%
Rape the rapist 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 4th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rape for Rape : What's your take ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Rape will and should always have stigma attached to it. Will never go away.
Should Now you are moving the discussion into a whole new direction

Ashuukai tai, my logic may sound and look convoluted... but it is the natural way of things. The shaming part is where society needs to be changed and may not be naturalistic... but it should be done without completely humiliating the culprit.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 4th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Should Now you are moving the discussion into a whole new direction

Ashuukai tai, my logic may sound and look convoluted... but it is the natural way of things. The shaming part is where society needs to be changed and may not be naturalistic... but it should be done without completely humiliating the culprit.
Ya, it is convoluted alright
I mean, you are basically suggesting to ignore the person and enjoy the act. Which may work if its you and me (ahem lol, i am just kidding; it wont work)
Old April 4th, 2018, 10:09 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rape will and should always have stigma attached to it. Will never go away.
That's why it will always exist, and always be chori-chhupe; and thus will be hidden by both the victim and the perpetrator.

The law can be a 2-edged sword. Presumption of innocence will assure a lengthy trial, during which the victim gets more punished (mentally) than the criminal. Thus, the crime gets compounded till a judgement is delivered. Thus the punishment should be greater than the original crime.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 5th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Ya, it is convoluted alright
I mean, you are basically suggesting to ignore the person and enjoy the act. Which may work if its you and me (ahem lol, i am just kidding; it wont work)
I think now we are getting somewhere. Too much importance is being given to this activity. The victim... usually a female of the species... should move on with life. The culprit... usually the male of the species... should be taunted and shamed... as s/he is not undergoing the natural way of attracting the opposite sex (via dance and music and other performing arts) but forcing himself/herself. This means that s/he is less talented than the average of the species.

Edit: I would have missed that white part completely... if I had not responded to your post. Which brings to light another great philosophy that great writers and doers have always said. Go for it... never avoid or ignore anything. Respond... always

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless

Last edited by Sane Less; April 5th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old April 6th, 2018, 05:13 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think now we are getting somewhere. Too much importance is being given to this activity. The victim... usually a female of the species... should move on with life. The culprit... usually the male of the species... should be taunted and shamed... as s/he is not undergoing the natural way of attracting the opposite sex (via dance and music and other performing arts) but forcing himself/herself. This means that s/he is less talented than the average of the species.

Edit: I would have missed that white part completely... if I had not responded to your post. Which brings to light another great philosophy that great writers and doers have always said. Go for it... never avoid or ignore anything. Respond... always
Tell that to the victims

Old April 7th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Tell that to the victims
What victims They are more victims of society than they are a victim of the culprit. If they did not like it they should sue or maim the culprit... go commando on the culprit... ravage him/her more than they ravaged her/him. That should have been the way of the world. But then kya hya... society hua... culture hua... and everything went down the drain

Old April 7th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Rape the rapist is a completely stupid idea.

Now, Rape itself had varying degrees.

In the US, consensual sex with a minor is considered statutory rape. The punishment is pretty harsh.

If rape includes violence, then it's a different punishment.

I think the US legal system on rape is quite balanced.
Old April 8th, 2018, 05:26 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
What victims They are more victims of society than they are a victim of the culprit. If they did not like it they should sue or maim the culprit... go commando on the culprit... ravage him/her more than they ravaged her/him. That should have been the way of the world. But then kya hya... society hua... culture hua... and everything went down the drain
So, maybe rape the society ?? Ha !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Rape the rapist is a completely stupid idea.

Now, Rape itself had varying degrees.

In the US, consensual sex with a minor is considered statutory rape. The punishment is pretty harsh.

If rape includes violence, then it's a different punishment.

I think the US legal system on rape is quite balanced.
How does the US legal system deal with the rape of a male ?? By a male ?? Or by a female ?? Does the US legal system recognize the rape of a male by a female ?

Anyway, as the article in the first post mentions, the family of the rapist consented to the rape of a female of their own family

Old April 8th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what is society made up of? You are arguing as if society has come from up above the sky.
Why has society made these rules? or more pertinently, who in society has made these rules?

You think if a person or in this case every person is not hurt, society will make this rule?Society is made up of different creatures who don't understand a person?
Old April 8th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
So what is society made up of? You are arguing as if society has come from up above the sky.
Why has society made these rules? or more pertinently, who in society has made these rules?

You think if a person or in this case every person is not hurt, society will make this rule?Society is made up of different creatures who don't understand a person?
Society/religion is made by men for men. Simple. So the rules will always favor men. Women get a bad deal. And the unscrupulous of the women take advantage of this... while the scrupulous of the men lose all battles.

Old April 8th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Society/religion is made by men for men. Simple. So the rules will always favor men. Women get a bad deal. And the unscrupulous of the women take advantage of this... while the scrupulous of the men lose all battles.
But rules are not favoring men here. Rapist is given dire punishment.
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
So, maybe rape the society ?? Ha !!

How does the US legal system deal with the rape of a male ?? By a male ?? Or by a female ?? Does the US legal system recognize the rape of a male by a female ?

Anyway, as the article in the first post mentions, the family of the rapist consented to the rape of a female of their own family
I don't want to answer the question regarding rape of male by a female. It brings back painful memories.

Regarding rape of a male by another male, Saneless should be able to answer.
Old April 18th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

I have been diligently suggesting a solution to this epidemic of rape that is scourging India at this time. And I still maintain it is not the action of rape itself that is the problem but the societal tendencies that follow and shame the victim.

And here's a way to actually implement a solution that will not only take away this shame but also be helpful to the victim in a practical way... a rape-victim should be taken care of by the government. And by that, I mean, provided a first-class education with first-class accommodation... all costs taken care of. I would have suggested a job and security... but that will then become a stigma like reservations now. No, a rape-victim should be give top-class education and a free-will to take on anything s/he desires. Family completely taken care of... till they are self-sufficient. If s/he is a tribal or uneducated, then teach him/her from the basics into the advanced stuff that s/he wants.

There should be some clear demarcations here. Sex for a job should not be a consideration. Up until blow-job is okay but no sex kind of cases should not be in consideration. It has to be clearly physical and violent cases that should be helped out. And in such cases the victim should take proper legal recourse and get doctors' reports. Well, the legal petition for these kind of solutions should be taken up and get passed into a law. Whatever details can be worked out.

A rape victim should feel like they have hit the lottery. Just imagine, if Harmarpardie pai had been given options like these... he would have chaar-chaand laga deta.

Old April 19th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I have been diligently suggesting a solution to this epidemic of rape that is scourging India at this time. And I still maintain it is not the action of rape itself that is the problem but the societal tendencies that follow and shame the victim.

And here's a way to actually implement a solution that will not only take away this shame but also be helpful to the victim in a practical way... a rape-victim should be taken care of by the government. And by that, I mean, provided a first-class education with first-class accommodation... all costs taken care of. I would have suggested a job and security... but that will then become a stigma like reservations now. No, a rape-victim should be give top-class education and a free-will to take on anything s/he desires. Family completely taken care of... till they are self-sufficient. If s/he is a tribal or uneducated, then teach him/her from the basics into the advanced stuff that s/he wants.

There should be some clear demarcations here. Sex for a job should not be a consideration. Up until blow-job is okay but no sex kind of cases should not be in consideration. It has to be clearly physical and violent cases that should be helped out. And in such cases the victim should take proper legal recourse and get doctors' reports. Well, the legal petition for these kind of solutions should be taken up and get passed into a law. Whatever details can be worked out.

A rape victim should feel like they have hit the lottery. Just imagine, if Harmarpardie pai had been given options like these... he would have chaar-chaand laga deta.
That's like incentivizing rape. Why should rape victims be supported by government and doi julm on tax payers? Depending on the situation, the rapist should be given an appropriate sazaa.
Old April 19th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
That's like incentivizing rape. Why should rape victims be supported by government and doi julm on tax payers? Depending on the situation, the rapist should be given an appropriate sazaa.
The suggested approach would make a lot of women accuse men of rape just for the goodies from the government.