eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old February 7th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: H-1Bís big lottery change made final

I will say something here which may sound selfish and self centered and I don't care because I am just as ordinary as the guy next door.

All of us who came here on H1B, stood in an unending line for the Green Card and finally to US Citizenship - congratulations to us all!

Today, those who cannot come in on H1B or not get a Green Card - Sad, tough luck, but that's life. It is not always fair.

To the direct effects of reduced H1B visas - Well, less 'consultants' means more opportunities and better rates for all of us who are into consulting!! No more asshole TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and other idiots who call up at all hours of the day with some job/contract opportunity!

More companies offering the real and correct rates for their projects!

Less of patronizing and condescending 'holier than thou' bullshit speeches by the likes of Narayan Murthy who think they are Microsoft or Google or Apple but in reality are just 'body shoppers'. Would love to see the smug smile wiped off his face.

Side effect: Less crappy desi restaurants because the fresh-off-the-boat desi population dwindles
Old February 7th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Re: H-1Bís big lottery change made final

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I will say something here which may sound selfish and self centered and I don't care because I am just as ordinary as the guy next door.

All of us who came here on H1B, stood in an unending line for the Green Card and finally to US Citizenship - congratulations to us all!

Today, those who cannot come in on H1B or not get a Green Card - Sad, tough luck, but that's life. It is not always fair.

To the direct effects of reduced H1B visas - Well, less 'consultants' means more opportunities and better rates for all of us who are into consulting!! No more asshole TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and other idiots who call up at all hours of the day with some job/contract opportunity!

More companies offering the real and correct rates for their projects!

Less of patronizing and condescending 'holier than thou' bullshit speeches by the likes of Narayan Murthy who think they are Microsoft or Google or Apple but in reality are just 'body shoppers'. Would love to see the smug smile wiped off his face.

Side effect: Less crappy desi restaurants because the fresh-off-the-boat desi population dwindles
There is so much truth to the statement that - life isn't fair.

There are so many 'IT executives' in top Fortune 500 companies, who give gyan like they are better than the everybody. While they may be smart folks, but fact is luck plays a big role in getting the right person to be at the right place at the right time. There's a saying in my country - when Allah is generous, even donkey is muscular!

So what should you if you are one of the folks stuck in this H1B tightening? Look for the positive. Maybe you can take the skills learned in the US and apply it in India. Maybe you can start your own company and become a billionnaire. There are so many things you can believe in, to take your mind off the fact that you're fucked.
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:53 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
There is so much truth to the statement that - life isn't fair.

There are so many 'IT executives' in top Fortune 500 companies, who give gyan like they are better than the everybody. While they may be smart folks, but fact is luck plays a big role in getting the right person to be at the right place at the right time. There's a saying in my country - when Allah is generous, even donkey is muscular!

So what should you if you are one of the folks stuck in this H1B tightening? Look for the positive. Maybe you can take the skills learned in the US and apply it in India. Maybe you can start your own company and become a billionnaire. There are so many things you can believe in, to take your mind off the fact that you're fucked.
You know I used to be very compassionate and all that. I learnt that people fucked me without vaseline taking my nice nature as my weakness.

So now I say, if you have a H1 and no way of getting a green card - then fuck you! Go back to India and work for some shitty body shopper on US projects as one of the many computer coolies working on blended rate projects.

And if you are a Hyderabad prodigy then stay back illegaly and work in some restaurant! Phuuuuck you!!!

And HarHar, the green card did not come by luck. Fucking standing in line for an eternity.. well in my case it was 3 and half years... Whatever..

Maybe the H1 rejects can go suck on Narayan Murthy's dick!

I have moved out Sunnyvale in South Bay long ago.. It was becoming a fucking Gulti ghetto (sorry if Gultis here feel offended...phuck .. I dont care)
Even today, I do go to Sunnyvale to some specific desi stores for some specific desi items.. All fucking fresh off the boat from Bangalaore and Hyderabad crap in stores..

Yes, luck played a great part.. Thank God, my parents were from Mumbai and I was born in Mumbai.. For me India means Mumbai. Beyond that is all foreign to me.. was foreign to me always and will remain..

Anyway.. a big name company like L&T Infotech tried to fuck with me on a contract where they needed a local company to come in and implement some complicated system. These desi computer coolie fucks dont know anything as they have never done proper engineering degrees nor do they have the skills nor the thirst to learn new stuff. They tried to fuck up on invoices.. Well, I knew these desi bastards will try to fuck at some point. I spoke to the client directly and told him that me and my team are walking off and they can suck L&T dick!

Got my payments in less than 24 hours direct from the client! Offcourse, I handed over the source code and walked away after the payment. The client, a big company, still calls me. I have told them if they want my services, then do a contract direct with my company. Some top shit L&T asshole from India keeps calling me to reconsider.. I told him in Mumbaiyya - "teri biwi bhi mera choosega to bhi nahi aunga saale"...

The moment I hear any desi company name .. fuck.. no way.. I have a small company here.. no we are not body shoppers but like minded, like skilled, like experienced friends who take on projects and go implement them... I am happy with what we earn and our scale... We dont suck desi dicks of TCS, Wipro, L&T, Infosys....

Last edited by echarcha; February 7th, 2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old February 8th, 2019, 06:04 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t worry soon we h-1bs will raze you ex-better than thou hypocrite new citizens.. this chimp and his crap is imploding from the inside. He jumps from one branch to another every fuckin day. One day “buy american hire american (read white)” next day “legal immigration welcome.. h-1B rocks”. with him denying H-1bs all jobs gonna move to India anyway, and you guys will be onsite coordinators.

Even if h-1b is denied, American companies are running shit scared these days.. they are offering same salary (Usd to INR) in India to experienced guys like me. I’m seriously contemplating moving out of Loo.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 8th, 2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old February 8th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Donít worry soon we h-1bs will raze you ex-better than thou hypocrite new citizens.. this chimp and his crap is imploding from the inside. He jumps from one branch to another every fuckin day. One day ďbuy american hire american (read white)Ē next day ďlegal immigration welcome.. h-1B rocksĒ. with him denying H-1bs all jobs gonna move to India anyway, and you guys will be onsite coordinators.

Even if h-1b is denied, American companies are running shit scared these days.. they are offering same salary (Usd to INR) in India to experienced guys like me. Iím seriously contemplating moving out of Loo.
Good for you...

Kyon, tera H1 ya Green card nahi bana kya?

Yeah, we will see what happens in 2020.. but shitty TCS and Infosys and other computer coolie companies.. fuck them ... never again with these desi cheaters.
Old February 8th, 2019, 11:02 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ for anybody who filed after 2012.. GC is a pipe dream .. but at least we got a career and life out of it. I’d have been a citizen had I chosen Canada or Australia in 2004.. all my classmates are.

Be stuck in dead end technical role and live comfortable life in Loo (while you wait for never arriving GC train).. or be a senior manager in India.. which one is better.. I guess it’s relative and in your head. I know a guy who used to be delivery manager in Cognizant .. took the scenic route (Loo).. now stuck in a developer job.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 8th, 2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old February 9th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Here's my very objective view of the situation.

US doesn't need so many H1Bs anymore. There isn't that much of a skill gap in technology. Offshoring has also kinda peaked. If I have to pay $30-$35 for an offshore resource who is 1 year out of college, I could pay that to an onsite company. Nowadays all companies are becoming very savvy about offshoring.

Actually, nowadays competition has become between GC based Desis and H1Bs. All fighting for the same fixed pool of jobs. Agar H1bs waapis jayenge, then it will make some room for the rest of us to grow and negotiate.

Also H1bs aren't adding any real value, other than keeping the seat warm. I can easily replace an onsite H1B for a local candidate for the $$ paid to Infosys/TCs. What I mean is this - company is paying TCS $90 for onsite chodu project coordinator (for example). TCS pays the H1b chodu $65k - $70K. But if I float the role in the US, you can easily find a more competent chodu for far less than $90.
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Aap dhanya ho :namaste: (... need that hands-folded thingie here)

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 10th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

It is a little too rich to try shut the door on poor desis wanting to make a life in US. Most of these people with such desires took the same route themselves. That is the irony.
Not that I am happy about the quality of IT coolie company workers. But it did'nt drop immediately only now. It has always been useless barring only a miniscule few exceptions.
Old February 11th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

I think I see Sarvi in this image. There is a rally going on in Waaashington.
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:18 AM

lol.. I couldn't go this time. But I've visited Congressmen and Senators last year.. try to talk them into doing the unthinkable. letting more brown ass curry smelling guys into USA. Believe it or not, one staffer in DC said this to my friend during our advocacy meet, that they don't want more brown guys in their country.

btw, how many of you pose as white Americans on twitter and try to shoot down our bills? I've caught a few GC holder desis with names like John, James, etc.. but their pathetic English and retweeting desi content is a big give away.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 11th, 2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old February 11th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
lol.. I couldn't go this time. But I've visited Congressmen and Senators last year.. try to talk them into doing the unthinkable. letting more brown ass curry smelling guys into USA. Believe it or not, one staffer in DC said this to my friend during our advocacy meet, that they don't want more brown guys in their country.

btw, how many of you pose as white Americans on twitter and try to shoot down our bills? I've caught a few GC holder desis with names like John, James, etc.. but their pathetic English and retweeting desi content is a big give away.
Sarvi - I know it is very hard to be on the receiving end of the stick. People like me have managed to get past this immigration bullshit, not because we are worthy but sheer luck.

But if you compare now vs the 1990s, it is still far more easier to get an H1B today than it was in the 1990s. The reason is that there were no H1b sponsors. You really had to be highly skilled with an advanced degree in the US. Also, it was crazy difficult to find an employer that could even spell H1B. The only chance was the bay area companies.

Aaj kal, every civil engineer from Nathulal Polytechnic University from Gobarpur in Chattisgarh feels entitled to an H1B, followed by GC and Citizenship. It's gone way out of hand. I know. I see it everyday.

The fact is that H1B visas are being abused by desi companies and they are minting money hand over fist. That is why Infosys and TCS and other desi companies are shitting in their pants over the new ruling. This is causing tremendous stress on the local IT workforce, because we are forced to compete with chodus from India.

Trump is plugging the abuses and forcing desi companies to change their strategy. That's a good thing. But I know it's tough to be on the receiving end.