eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old March 29th, 2016, 01:25 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Gujaratis join Indian army

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...ed-by-pm-modi/
Old March 29th, 2016, 02:09 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gujaratis join Indian army

Copy/paste from above link

More than 700 boys from Gujarat have joined the Indian Army this month, the largest strength to join the armed forces from the state this year. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthplace Vadnagar of Mehsana, too, has offered many young cadets to the Army this year.

The recent recruitment camp was held at Sabarkantha where 29,150 boys appeared for the tests from various towns and districts of the state.

Out of the 29,150 boys who appeared, only 3600 passed the physical tests and out of these only 1558 cleared the medical tests and were approved for written examination. After the written examination, only 722 passed who were selected by the Army.
These selected candidates who come from humble backgrounds are already considering themselves Army jawans awaiting the start of their year’s long training.

Jignesh Thakor stands out among this batch of over 700 boys as he gives the credit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for inspiring him to join Army. Jignesh is also the first candidate in last few recruitments, to be coming from Vadnagar — Modi’s birthplace.
“I come from Modiji’s birthplace and I see it as a moral responsibility to believe in the call he made for youths to join armed forces. His life inspires me to serve the country. And I chose to do it through the Indian Army,” said Jignesh whose father is a farm labourer. Five other boys from Vadnagar also cleared the exams this year.

Vikas Chaudhary (20) from Kaasa village (Patan) said, “The call to fight for terrorism motivated me to join Army. None from family is in the Army, but I decided to change the trend and join a force that is helping this country to fight terrorism. We only talk about terrorism but not act.” Chaudhary is a 12th pass who decided to quit doing graduation to join Army right from this age.

Dilip Joshi (18) from Shirwada village (Banaskantha), one of the young candidates in his batch said, “I wanted to join police force, but I realized that I want to do a job of respect and honour which police don’t get. When I first told my family, they got scared however I am determined to work. Once I get the training in arms I will become a fine shooter in the force”.

Rohitkumar Rabari (20) is an exception of all sorts in his community of Rabaris who are primarily into animal husbandry. Rohit says, “Since my childhood I wanted to join Army. I used to watch movies made on Army and the movie Lakshya made my resolve got stronger. I wanted to change the trend of my community from traditional business of animal husbandry and work for Army”.

The Army recruitment board officials from Gujarat have observed an increase in interest among the youth to join Army, compared to last few years.
A senior official from Army recruitment board said, “The footfalls in the recruitment camps have considerably increased compared to last few years when hardly 10,000 boys even lesser showed interest. 49% come from north Gujarat while least come from south Gujarat. A larger number of boys come from tribal districts. However, Dangs which is a tribal district offered none so far”.

The Army board has also observed that the boys clear the physicals, but they get rejected due to the performance in written exams and health requirements specified by the Army.

The official added, “While there are a large number of applicants, only a small percentage is able to join the force due to lack of education and fitness in villages of Gujarat. The boys come from vernacular mediums and their knowledge on various subjects is poor.”

The selected candidates, however, stated that they easily clear physical tests due to active sports in schools. However many failed in the written test which is in Hindi language, as most of them don’t learn Hindi in village schools.
Old March 29th, 2016, 02:10 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Great news.. this is perfect fit.. since gujjus don't know dena only know lena (taking) .. dushman ki jaan lena.
Old March 29th, 2016, 02:17 AM
senior echarchan

700+ selected candidates is enough to raise a battalion though raising a brigade would require 3000 men .

But now that the army is open for women also , when are gujju girls going to join ??

I have got an urge to see photos of busty gujju babes holding guns in their hands
Old March 29th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a well-known sorry-fact that despite of we all know, that ek Jawan and Kisaan hi desh ko khilaate hai aur bachaate hai,… n’ still, We never tell our kids to become a good Khedoot or an army-men,... safe-guarding the national seema-rekhas !

Gujjus are not true Kshatriyas in khoon and dna by the blood-nature, also non-violent, cold-blood, non-aggressive, and Vegan by the dna blood nature. Perhaps they never make any good army-men, while looking at their height, food ( daal-bhaat khichari and papad ) and body-structures too, They are good Vyopaaris by the blood-nature,… imo. But still they can do the side-supporting work in army-gang,..... as army needs all kind of work, not only holding a gun and fighting on the border. Also technology has already changed the nature of war, ( wars are fought by sniper-shooters and Tops from miles away distances ) and gone are the days when people fight, face to face with cutters-Bhaala-Batchhee-Kataris and stabbing n’ doing khoona-marki, like in the scenarios of Ramayan, Mahabharta or.. shown in the movies like Border or LOC.

Also,….. why this profession of “ Army” is given that much “patriotism-petting importance “ kind of extra mileage…. is also a question. Are not everybody working for money, at the end of the dayl ?
And many other professions,.. say, fire-fighters, a heavy equipment delivery boy like freeze, Building-makers, Crane worker on new tall buildings, elec. pole worker, high-rises window cleaner,… and many many other jobs also, demands risk of one’ s life !
Why so much “pet-back” for army jobs?

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 29th, 2016 at 06:04 AM.
Old March 29th, 2016, 06:38 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
Also,….. why this profession of “ Army” is given that much “patriotism-petting importance “ kind of extra mileage…. is also a question. Are not everybody working for money, at the end of the dayl ?
And many other professions,.. say, fire-fighters, a heavy equipment delivery boy like freeze, Building-makers, Crane worker on new tall buildings, elec. pole worker, high-rises window cleaner,… and many many other jobs also, demands risk of one’ s life !
Why so much “pet-back” for army jobs?

training for the army requires different level of physical and mental fitness than fire fighters , heavy equipment delivery boy , building maker crane worker pole worker , high rise window cleaner etc . training requires forced marches over difficult terrain for days on end in extreme heat and again in extreme cold . lots of skills have to be learned like physical combat and mastery over different weapons .

the army men are expected to stay without food for days if war breaks out and fight in the most gruelling conditions . commandos are trained to kill and eat even snakes if no food is available during war .

india has borders in the himalayas both with pakistan ( in kashmir ) and china ( in ladakh , himachal pradesh , uttarakhand , sikkim , arunachal pradesh ) where jawans have to guard the borders at temperatures much below 0 degrees in extremely mountainous terrain where oxygen is less . just going to guard the border in the high himalayas requires three stages of aclimatization because a man from the plains cannot go directly into the high mountains where oxygen is less .

the army men have to fight numerous terrorist movements from kashmir to nagaland where death is a regular occurrence .

also the risk of being tortured if caught by pakistanis and chinese in war is very high . read about how armyman saurabh kalia was tortured by pakistanis when caught in kargil war by them .

also the jawans have to stay on duty away from families without wife for long periods of duty .

obviously they jawans deserve the perks pay and respect they get .
Old March 29th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Junior eCharchan

Pakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
also the jawans have to stay on duty away from families without wife for long periods of duty .
I have heard army men are a lecherous lot. They indulge in a lot of rape and molestation of civilians in border areas. I heard of this from none other than an educated son of a retired army man. I don't know whether it is in their psyche or if it is because of stress.

I wonder if it is true for even those army folks who join after engineering. If someone chooses a career in defense force after engineering, it means he has high moral standards. I presume at least these category of army personnel are not of that kind.

Last edited by Pakau; March 29th, 2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old March 29th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Junior eCharchan

Pakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakau View Post
I have heard army men are a lecherous lot. They indulge in a lot of rape and molestation of civilians in border areas. I heard of this from none other than an educated son of a retired army man. I don't know whether it is in their psyche or if it is because of stress.

I wonder if it is true for even those army folks who join after engineering. If someone chooses a career in defense force after engineering, it means he has high moral standards. I presume at least these category of army personnel are not of that kind.
sgars,

Do you know something about this aspect of Indian army or for that matter any army in the world?

Last edited by Pakau; March 29th, 2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old March 29th, 2016, 08:13 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakau View Post

If it is true ( i don't know ) it is because of being away from women for extended periods---no sex romance etc.
Old March 29th, 2016, 08:16 AM
senior echarchan

That is why medieval armies used to indulge in rape of conquered women.
Old March 29th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
If it is true ( i don't know )
Which is why I often say that media, internet etc are not at all trustworthy. Word of mouth info from people who have been on the ground is more reliable.
Old March 29th, 2016, 09:17 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is why medieval armies used to indulge in rape of conquered women.
That's what people thot. And then religion of peace showed it's true colors.
Old March 29th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
training for the army requires different level of physical and mental fitness than fire fighters , heavy equipment delivery boy , building maker crane worker ..........

obviously they jawans deserve the perks pay and respect they get .
Well said.

Also, but isn’t that true that they also are mainly free / out of tension and pressure, when there is no War, aag, agni, dharti-kamp, flood, sookha/akaal and akasmaat,.. and enjoy chokhkha ghee-doodh, paustik khoorak, muft ka khaana aor Masjeed mein sona? They also have own theater, Fauji bahiyion ki seva mein,.. wala manoranjan programas,…. National honor,.. free dreses and many other suvidhaas….of living, enjoying sports, riding govt. vehicles and choppers,…. Etc.

Also they enjoy free vehicles, such as riding tankars, Choppers and when situation arrive,… they also take revenge of their hard work on anybody,… on enemies by torturing them to fun ( free firing, as no1 is their boss there to ask, even if they kill10-20 innocents for fun – who’s gonna prove that ? ) and sex levels and even raping the civilians when situation arrives….

Must have seen How few Iraqi’s pows were treated by US in Iraq war, also paki. and Chinese and Japs had even treated our POW in wars and WW-2. Movie Airlift also shows in reality, how and when they take their revenge on innocents ( civilians ) when the situation arrives,…… A man with ‘an authorized use of weapon’ is even worse than a Khulla saand.

And, naturally,. As the rules says,.. “ He who lives by the sword,…. also dies by the sword “ – so they have to die somewhere that way, B U T in very few case, not in the major cases, as War happened hardly once in a 5-10 years.. ! In No war time, they enjoy free food and residency,… ! They also retire early and enjoys loads of social benefits,…..I remember, in AHD they had far Camps, and we as a kids, were going there watching free / low priced movies ( 25 paisa ticket ) every week in their open air bindaast theaters,..
Old March 29th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Great news.. this is perfect fit.. since gujjus don't know dena only know lena (taking) .. dushman ki jaan lena.

Paaji, Punjaabis are mainly aggressive and hot-blooded with giant body structure and himmat, taqat and Mehnut combination. but in oppose to that, Gujjus are business-minded, high level of brain-users, shrewd, cunning, chaal-kapat-trick-tarkeeb ustaad,... ( they say,... amadavadis,.. haramjaadis ) and best users of all skills like shaam-daam-dand and bhed,.. and use of an element called "bheja" / SABU ( SAmaanya BUdhdhi ) !

Remember?
Ek ko, jo train se nikal-fenk giraaya diya gaya,.. fir jo chaanak jo lug gayi,.... thaan jo li,.... sare ke saare ko, desh se nikaal-bhaga ke hi chhoda,...

Doosrae ne, Nizaam-Fizaam sab ko bina bandook ki naal, handle kiye,........ desh ke saare raja-rajwaadi O' ka priavte raaj chhin, sab ko 'ek umbrella' ke tale, ek kar ke hi, chhoda,..

aur teesara toh.... kya bataaye, aap dekh hi jo rahe hai,... USA ka visa jo deny kar diya gaya,...... toh thaan jo liya ki..... kisi bhi kimmat par, amarika dekhna jo hai,..... toh saallah PM ban ke,.. red carpet-waaale honor-invitation ke saath, wahaan jaa, dekh kar hi chhoda !

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 29th, 2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:04 AM
senior echarchan

but when they are young they are on duty for a large part of the year and not enjoying the freebies .

in effect , they have to give their youth for the army when others are enjoying easy life .

naval officers are on their ship for a large part of the year .

do you know that in USA during the vietnam war there was compulsory military service . except for those who were married .and so many young men used to get married just to avoid military service . if military service was such a cushy job then why did so many young men rush to marry just to avoid it ??

in india not all communities even have the physical stamina for military service . the maximum stamina for this is with the jats punjabis etc . if military service was so easy why didn't gujaratis with all their smartness rush to join it from earlier times ?? after all gujaratis are not ones to let go of such a opportunity so easily are they ?? obviously military service is not so easy as you are trying to say .