eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Mumbai Meri Jaan - Its always the Hindus who must compromise!

I want to write a really my style review for this film. Its a Saturday morning, just got up and had some breakfast. Let me get a bit relaxed and then I will write a review.

However, the bottom line is - Whether Hollywood or Bollywood, the Muslims are always portrayed as the peace loving and misunderstood minority
Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mumbai Meri Jaan - Its always the Hindus who must compromise!

By the way, compukid and lets_talkus were also with me for the movie.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

What... are you hinting that muslims are not peace-loving

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Thumbs down Re: Mumbai Meri Jaan - Its always the Hindus who must compromise!

Okay review time -

The film is set in Mumbai and is about the bomb blasts which rocked local trains in Mumbai on 11th July 2006. There were about 7 blasts, all in first class compartments, during evening rush hour. The victims were mostly middle and upper middle class bread earners.

When I learnt the movie is about these blasts, I thought, okay finally some director and producer had the guts to make a movie about it. I thought this might be like the movie Black Friday which was about the 93 blasts in Mumbai.

Well, the movie shows stories about 5 sets of characters -
  • First is a set of 4 young unemployed friends. K.K. is into computer hardware business.
  • Second is a poor roadside coffee vendor. Irfan Khan plays the role to the hilt. He has a wife and a kid daughter.
  • Third is a software professional who has a wife. She is about to deliver a baby soon. Madhavan does justice to the role.
  • Fourth is a young couple who are engaged. Zoha Ali Khan, looking every bit manly like her father Tiger Pataudi, plays the role of a TV news channel reporter.
  • Fifth is a police constable duo. Paresh Rawal delivers very well.
Okay so the film is about these characters. The movie soon shows the blasts. TV reporter Zoha is reporting on the blasts in which Madhavan gets injured but is saved.

Soon you get a feeling that, hey have we not seen or heard of this concept. Oh yes, it then strikes you that there was a movie called Crash starring Sandra Bullock. It was about such disparate characters whose life somehow gets intertwined.

Okay, I must say that the director has taken good pains to watch Crash and then convert his story to match that format.

So, well, the movie proceeds and it shows how the software hardware young man K.K. blames the Muslims for the blasts. How he hates them and decides to never do any business with them. He has opportunity to sell some computers to a Muslim firm, but decides against it despite his desperate need to make some money to repay some debts.

The software engineer does not want to go to USA but wants to stay in India and become the next Al Gore. Madhavan preaches a banana vendor on how plastic bags will take 10,000 years to deteriorate.

The constable duo want to find the terrorists but are content with taking bribes from liquor bars and restaurants.

The poor coffee vendor just wants to take his wife and daughter to a posh mall and show them what life can offer.

The TV reporter loses her fiance in the same blasts and now reflects on how the dear ones of victims really feel when cameras are shoved in their face when tragedy occurs.

Well, so far so good.

But then... and I sort of knew it - the director shows some sentimental mumbo jumbo and in the end proves that Muslims are very peaceful and helpful and nice folks. The biggest slap is when computer hardware vendor KK's father is shown teaching the BhagwadGita shlok "Yada Yada hi Dharmasya ..." . The old man explains that the Lord said that when there is rise of unreligiousness, rise of evil, rise of injustice, then He will come down to Earth and set things right. The old man says the time has come to set things right. But our young Hindu man is thinking about Paresh Rawal's pseudo secular mumbo jumbo about how Hindu and Muslims all should stop pushing each other around.

So as you might have gauged by now, the end is that Hindus are morons to expect a chance to live without bomb blasts and that Hindus should always bend over, hand over a bottle of oil or a tube of lubricant to the Muslims and cheer in joy - 'Aaaaaaaaaaah .. Ooooooh.... Ufffff .. Aaaaaa... Hindu Muslim bhai bhai"

If you are one of those ashamed to be born Hindus who dont want to know who caused a terrorist act, and conveniently blame all Hindus and feel Muslims are a misudnerstood community who committ rightful acts of terrorism, then you will be standing, no bending over with two tubes of KY Jelly and applauding when the end credits roll. Your reaction might be 'aaa haa aaahhaa haaa .. how nice it feels.... Hindus sale gaddar, Sacche busss Musalman"

Old August 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Long review... just tell us whether the movie is well-made and enjoyable... or should we skip it

I understand that India is full of peaceful people and we need to live in peace with them... by putting our backsides up in the air to them... just like they do to their god of peace. All that is the same old story... someone takes your's so you take somebody else's... it is that simple. In this case, the religion of peace and the god of peace has been taking their's for so long ki now they feel they should take the rest of India's.

Coming back to the movie, should we watch it or not? Elsewhere I read that the movie is completely enjoyable and worth a watch... but we echans would rather accept your opinion than some silly critic.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Long review... just tell us whether the movie is well-made and enjoyable... or should we skip it

I understand that India is full of peaceful people and we need to live in peace with them... by putting our backsides up in the air to them... just like they do to their god of peace. All that is the same old story... someone takes your's so you take somebody else's... it is that simple. In this case, the religion of peace and the god of peace has been taking their's for so long ki now they feel they should take the rest of India's.

Coming back to the movie, should we watch it or not? Elsewhere I read that the movie is completely enjoyable and worth a watch... but we echans would rather accept your opinion than some silly critic.
Some scenes are funny, but at the beginning of the movie where each set of characters is being introduced. The only storyline worth watching is the coffee vendor story.

To watch or not to watch is left upto you. Do you want to watch a few funny lines and one touching story at the cost of bending over with vaseline jar in hand?

Wait and watch on DVD only for sake of understanding how even so called serious message based movies are all about 'Hindu sab gaddar, sabse acche Musalman'

Last edited by echarcha; August 23rd, 2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

iamsecular can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Some scenes are funny, but at the beginning of the movie where each set of characters is being introduced. The only storyline worth watching is the coffee vendor story.

To watch or not to watch is left upto you. Do you want to watch a few funny lines and one touching story at the cost of bending over with vaseline jar in hand?

Wait and watch on DVD only for sake of understanding how even so called serious message based movies are all about 'Hindu sab gaddar, sabse acche Musalman'
But not all muslims are bad. My father's business partner was born in Karachi and his family moved back to India during partition. This year both of them visited Pakistan and my dad had a wonderful experience. The people were so good and curtious to him. It is all because of our governments. Politicians are bad not the people.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post
But not all muslims are bad. My father's business partner was born in Karachi and his family moved back to India during partition. This year both of them visited Pakistan and my dad had a wonderful experience. The people were so good and curtious to him. It is all because of our governments. Politicians are bad not the people.
The problem is not with the people... but with peace. How much peace can one take in a lifetime? The people may be very nice but once they are afflicted with peace, there's nothing much that can be done. They might stab you in your back... they might blast you out of this world... they might just slice your throat. You see, you and them might live like human beings but once peace takes over... which is like once every week, it then becomes hard to make them have rational thought.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post
Oh really ok we should be courteous to them and hand over to there demands isnt it.These idiots live in India but burst firecrackers when Pakistan wins.You are a truely a secular fellow or i may think u are a pakistani trying to get there image good in here.