Thread: office funnies
View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2014, 08:16 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: office funnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Ya.. When I traveled first time to the west side I was like what is this Fry's store .. Looks a lot like Kroger .. Even my kroger card worked there.. Then i figured out they oprate with a different name there
Kroger is actually Ralphs in So Cal.

Coming to more incidents, this one in Shanghai circa 2003

Me and client persons were walkingto a place where you get lunch for 5-6 Yuan (8 yuan were 1 USD in those days). They used to order noodles with peanuts for me (sans the pork regular dish has)
On the way, i see one poor family sitting on the footpath. They see me and start begging.*

The Lady, who is the supervisor from client side is terribly embarrassed, first she tells me "No need to give". Then she shouts at those guys in chink. While, i did not understand a word, i could make out she was saying "Kyon Hamare Desh ki Izzat ka Faluda bana rahe ho". I thought of comforting her by saying that she would receive a similar treatment if she landed in India, but thought "She is never going to land, so let her remain embarassed'

* To give the context, in Shanghai, Desis are also Foreigners and receive treatment somewhat like Foreigners get in India, like people always try to sell you something (Mostly Fake Mont Blanc and Rolex - i picked up a Frolex for 100 Yuan) and the Beggars assume you to be more generous. I did enjoy being the 'Foreigner' for once.