View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some Good News! I have become UpaShastri

Thanks folks.

I am right now taking an offbeat step. I should be studying for Shastri exam, but I am taking a break. What has happened is that to popularize Sanskrit they have dumbed down the course. So I am taking books used around 1890s and various study materials (thanks Google for digitization initiative). I am hiring a knowledgeable person with whom I would go through the course privately. (In 1890, the papers were really tough man.) After that I will rejoin the main stream, I don't know whether what I am doing is right or not. Only time will tell.

I have found two ladies to help me with this. One stays near my house (walking distance) and is an Acharya. She has agreed to help me at a nominal cost. The other is super duper great. Sanskrit was the mother tongue and spoken in her father's house (before marriage). She has agreed to teach me free of cost. But she stays at a bit of a distance from my house.

I have a dream. I would like to study at the great universities like MS Baroda or Kanchi Vidhyapeeth. That is not possible as I am in Mumbai - unless I get an occupation I can do from wherever I want. I was thinking of an internet business. Any ideas for such a business? All ideas are welcome