View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Who in their right mind would pay 4,500 per month for a cleaning lady? that too an Indian?! This should have been caught right when they were in the application stage...I say, someone should investigate and see why US immigration department failed to question this at the application stage itself.
Quote:
This I can understand but what I dont understand is why it warranted a strip search for a visa fraud.
Quote:
By the way, is strip search a standard protocol for criminal charges? If yes, I do not see how diplomatic immunity would protect her an give her privileges.
I find it absurd that the actual charge against her is sidelined an she is being made a hero.
Quote:
I am only saying what I am reading. I am not telling that the way she was treated was right. It was abhorable...for a visa fraud. However, the charges which were originally laid on her (false as it may) were human trafficking and it was a criminal charge. I am guessing some protocols were not followed when she was arrested but when it comes to criminal charges, is anyone an exception to the rule how they are treated?

When it comes to dometic help, i dont think there are any labor laws in India. Correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
ya?! That's a news to me. Wonder how much the minimum wage is.

I know there are laws and minimum wage concept for daily labors but I didnt know there is one for domestic help.

See I don't buy this thanks giving sale, going in subway and stuff like that. If she was being conservative when it comes to money, she wouldn't have hired full time live-in help along with a full time nanny.
as for taking subway...its quicker than driving and hence she takes it, like every other millionaire in NY.
Quote:
Character assassination. Its a big term. I really dont see how I have assassinated her character when I say its common for people to take subway or buy groceries at costco.

I honestly feel this is being blown out of proportions. Yes, it was indeed shameful on the police's part for strip search etc without proper protocols. Yes, I feel she deserves an apology and more (though, it is not going to be enough for the trauma she was put through for a visa fraud).My sympathies with the lady and her family.
What i dont get is, why are the charges laid against her being over shadowed? Being a diplomat and in a very high position, one is expected to live by the standards. Are the investigations even being made if the charges are real?

I was looking at news and people are saying "we should strip their diplomats here in India"....how low can we fall?
Quote:
I am in no position to comment on Dirtys post but I recommend you go back and read Devyanis post and then my post. It was "her" who brought her personal shopping preferences and her preference about how "she" travels.

She is allowed for domestic help...maybe. What she is not allowed is pay less than the minimum wage.

I hate to say this but you disappoint me in this post. You claim I have the holier than thou attitute but you are forgetting, you are worshiping anything Indian without even stopping to consider she has committed a crime if she was paying less than the minimum wage.

I have already said that strip search and dna was not needed and my sympathies with the lady. What is your problem if I question why she was paying less wage in the first place? I am allowed to question right?
Quote:
I give up...no point in even telling you. BTW, I stand up for what is right. I do not stand up depending on the gender.
Like I said several times which you have very conveniently ignored, I feel sorry for the lady and i seriously do not understand how I have offended you if I say "if she paid less than minimum wage, she committed a fraud"...
My last response to you on this thread as you seem to read what you want and not what I actually wrote.
for one last time...see my response and see what you ahev assumed Sarvi...high on Canadian citizenship eh? Too bad you fail to see anything else other than what you want to see and read what you want to read.