View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
I wont call her bhangan if you assure me that she did not get admission in the medical college based on her quota. She has reached the postion of "Top Diplomat" based only on merit and Bhangi card was used..................

She has never said that she paid the maid lawful salary. So she did break the law by paying her well below the minimum wages.
Now, what all of you guys that support her are saying that, since this was not a big crime and since she is a diplomat............look other way.........

Really !! Is that your argument ??
Yes! I am saying that. Look other way. That is the way you should look as well. All are equal at their levels. A diplomat is not equal to a maid. Maid was not restrained... as is established... she just walked out one fine morning. If the maid was not happy with the salary... there is always the option of returning to India and get a nice paying job in some household cleaning dishes.

Not established that she promised higher wages and paid lower once the maid got to usa.

The maid should be put in Indian jail.