View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2014, 07:33 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: who is Maria Sharapova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Looks like sarci you again.

Anyway, for general public info, these are world champions in the respective sports. In fact 3 of them are in billiard and hve won multiple times (Michael Ferreira, Pankaj Advani and Geet Sethi). Michael ferreira was the one who refused an award lower than Gavaskar. Prakash Padukone was the first world cup winner in badminton, but guess less than 1% of his daughter's fans would know him.. The only non world champ but olympic champ is Abhinav Bindra. His gold in 2008 was the first ever Individual gold in olympics for this 1.2 Billion country.

One person i forgot is Vishwanathan Anand. Saina will make it to the list if she wins the world cup. Winning the australian series does not make her a world champ.
Agree with the sentiment, disagree about Prakash Padukone. IMO he should have been the sportsperson to receive the Bharat Ratna (Dhyanchand was before my time). Didn't he win All England Open thrice in a row ?? Gopichand did it after him.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied