View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shivaji Statue being erected off the Bombay coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Once we were immature ... weren't we? Now and hopefully we know better.

RANI ... what's the first thing that comes to your mind? I hope Rani Jhansi. MAHARANA ... what's the first thng that comes to your mind? I hope Maharana Pratap Singh. MAHATMA ... Mahatma Gandhi, I hope? CHATRAPATI is associated with likes of men and women who sacrificed their lives fighting for a cause ... our cause ... to save our way of life and culture.

These people did not do it for money or fame like the cricket players and movie stars you guys adore and will give your life for. These people died for a cause ... our cause.

Jai Sahib ... for sure you are not confused about this "Chatrapati of Electronics" joke? I have spent better part of typing this post to find humour in the joke but fail to.

"Chatrapati of Electronics" ... you guys actually laughed at this thing? I must go search for my sense of humour which I never knew was lost.
Chatrapati was just a word coined to reflect an emperor like for example Mugle-Azam . It did not reflect any cause but yeah they fought for their king. Never denied the fact that he was a great emperor.

Maybe now the joke doesn't have any importance. But consider this . Back then when Shiv Sena was in the mood of changing names they downplayed everyone who thgt that naming VT to the creator, who was of Parsi descent and most definitely Indian, saying that this is Shivajis karmabhoomi. This was a reaction to the same . But I guess it is acceptable to you that in Shivaji' name they became the most corrupt parties to rule. Paid their true homage to the one true leader .

Last edited by JaiSpeaks; June 8th, 2008 at 06:27 PM.