View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:25 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gujaratis dominate Antwerp diamond body polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Thats the point! Someone decides that your diamond is VVS or VVVS and so this is the price!

From my personal experience ... unless for personal use of precious ... Diamonds are worthless for an investment.

With gold there is a way for even a common man to find out whether its 24 carat or 18 carat. Nah, I dont trust investment in diamonds. Gold is any day a far better reserve than diamond.
Again ... from my personal experience ... 24k gold coins or bars are the only ones you can be sure of. You cant be too sure with gold jewelery because all extra joint work is done (like in chains, and fancy bangles) with lessor grade gold mixed with cheap metals for strength and durability. 22k gold bangle my turn out to be 18 when melted depending upon joints. 18K is too often only 14 when melted. Even if jewelery you wish to return or upgrade is still in brand new condition ... "we will melt to make new jewelery" is all that a jeweler will claim.

Another thing I found out is that all those blue, green, and red precious stones are 1/10 of the value or even worthless if you ever wanted to return them back where you bought.

Too much dishonesty and traps in jewelery trade.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; June 20th, 2010 at 04:27 PM.