View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2016, 06:49 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the strong government action against JNU students justified ??

I actually put a note on this in what's up since i thought ECians did not think it serious enough to discuss.

Havent answered the poll because there are a couple of grey areas and all the sides are hiding them.

- Action against slogan shouters including the sedition case- yes - Totally justified.
- Arresting the student union leader - No - Particularly when he claims that he went there to 'resolve the situation'. If he was in anyway involved in organizing this or any hand in this, then action should be taken against him too.
- 'Freedom of expression' pitch raised by sickulars - Does not apply here. One of the first amendments in the constitution was to introduce a 'reasonable restriction clause'. Shouting anti national slogans is on the other side of the fence.

Else, as i have said earlier, JNU is the factory of Arundhati Roys. The government can as well stop funding it and let the NDA cadets get their degree from elsewhere.