View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
The DeeMan Inside.

DeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shivaji Statue being erected off the Bombay coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger
Hehehehe .. same old story .. same old jhagda.

What the big ruckus is about Shivaji statue, I dont get. One thing is true - Shivaji didnt do dick for Bombay - Shivaji wasnt a Bombayite. If they want to put up a statue, put up someone from Bombay. This is once again a case of Maharashtra trying to force Shivaji down Bombay's throat. Anyway, who cares about a statue. We've build statues for thugs like Bal thokre and his bitches. We've built statues for Bhosdekar. Whats one more statue?

Name - who gives a shit either. I still call it Bombay. People understand what I am talking about. I still address my postage letters to Bombay - they still get there. When it was officially Bombay, some people called it Mumbai then. Now its officially Mumbai, some people still call it Bombay. Big deal. In a couple of generations, it will be Mumbai - coz the guys who grew up with Bombay will be dead. So call it what you want - dont judge others by what they want to call it.
very rightly said...and your signature says it all.....

Quote:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.