Thread: Dog
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2015, 06:14 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
B.S.
If you do not mind taking for walk in cold or rain or snow, because your kids don't want to get up in the morning on weekends either, go get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I did some research on this because my kids have been asking for a dog as well. Our neighbors have them.

From all my research, I concluded that a dog is a pain in the ass. Until they are trained, they poop and pee in the house. Even after they are trained, you can expect to have accidents. Their food, insurance, vet visits, grooming, walks, dog hotels, etc - there is a ton of phaltu kharcha. It's somewhat like having a kid. Some dog owners think it is worth all the hassle, but not me. I'd rather have a baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Pets are like adding a family member, so you have to deal with their food, health, pee/poo, behavior, somebody to watch over when out of town, etc etc.

Thinking of pros.. you become more active.. have to go out everyday few times winter, summer, rain, or what have you. You get to go to parks, meet other pet owners, arrange play dates for the pet, kids can learn to care, learn to be responsible, emotional attachment with animals.

I knew a sri lankan who took his dog from Canada to SL, had to do this whole routine of getting shots, paperwork, then putting him to sleep in the dog cage, etc etc. The risk of them dieing is always there on an international flight.

Thanks all for the inputs. THe bachcha log have not been troubling me so much., The elder one might be happy with a fish tank or a tortoise too. They seem to be relatively low maintenance options.

Long time back, we did have a stray dog (actually a bitch) stay live with us. We just used to feed it a bit. It used to just go and playand come back. In it play time it oblviously got laid and gave birth to 4 puppies (which soon got taken by dog lovers). When we moved out of that rented house, it did not follow us and dunno what happened to it.

One of our landlords, who was a retired army Major also had 2 dogs. But the cost of maintenance and liability is not so high in India.